Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ceballos sold to STVV (ed. confirmed)

Comments

• Options
    Nicholas said:

He was always going to go so why did the stupid cnuts play him in any of the friendly games. It obviously wasn't to see if he was any good as he has been the best player so far.

Because, despite what we are told, there is no firm plan in place and Karl and Katie are always going to be at the behest of that dickhead in Belgium. Why would we bother bringing him to Ireland and giving him lots of game time if KR wasn't genuine about him being involved this season? He played very well yet he is being sent back to Belgium and I can only think that is Roland's decision. Also why didn't Igor get the same opportunity? Had Karl already decided on him?

None of it makes sense but that is no surprise really.......
  • Options
    HandG said:

Nicholas said:

He was always going to go so why did the stupid cnuts play him in any of the friendly games. It obviously wasn't to see if he was any good as he has been the best player so far.

Because, despite what we are told, there is no firm plan in place and Karl and Katie are always going to be at the behest of that dickhead in Belgium. Why would we bother bringing him to Ireland and giving him lots of game time if KR wasn't genuine about him being involved this season? He played very well yet he is being sent back to Belgium and I can only think that is Roland's decision. Also why didn't Igor get the same opportunity? Had Karl already decided on him?

None of it makes sense but that is no surprise really.......
    Why did we even bother taking David Martin who doesnt appear to have clubs lining up for him either
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Red_James said:

I was all for giving CC a chance but maybe it was STVV wanted him permanently and had to raise funds to buy him? (didn't they sell a CB last weekend)

Think sometimes now its very easy to blame SMT etc when it could something different

The Portuguese centre back (Fernandes) wanted to go home for personal/family reasons and had his contract terminated. Tex became a replacement and presumably that was how it was planned.

You can't ignore the ambitions for STVV next season when looking at the movements between the 2 clubs. I don't know the calibre of the players, but STVV seem to have shed about 12 players this summer and replaced them with one or two less so far*. Their fans are saying the same type of thing we do every year, still short by anything from 2 to 5 players. They see Ceballos as useful, but maybe a bit lightweight for a hoped-for "Play-Offs 1" finish (Championship/Champions League/Europa League play-offs). AND their season is rapidly approaching.

Having said STVV are ambitious, it seems to be mainly on account of the coach and maybe the nucleus of the team. The only fee they've received according to Soccerway is 1.5 million euros for one guy, and the incomings seem to be frees or loans or small beer.

*Some of the 11 or 12 may be renewed loans, like Igor, counting as both an out and an in.

• Options
    confirmed on the stvv home page, with photo of him and the shirt, think it means a loan move.
  • Options
    Confirmed by CAFC permanent move.
  • Options
    Now on the OS
  • Options
    Good news from the STVV camp. The Kanaries added three new players to their core today. It concerns Cristian Ceballos, Kenny Steppe and Samuel Asamoah.

Cristian Ceballos returns from Charlton Athletic and signs a three-year contract on Stayen. The Spaniard defended all the STVV club colors in the previous football season. Ceballos performed especially during POII where he scored some beautiful goals.

Goalkeeper Kenny Steppe comes across from Zulte Waregem. Steppe played before Waasland Beveren, SC Heerenveen and Germinal Beerschot. In 2008 he was elected as goalkeeper of the year in Belgium. Steppe also signs a three year agreement with the Kanaries.

And also Samuel Asamoah signs a three-year contract with the Kanaries with a two-year option. Asamoah has been with the group for several weeks now and is now rewarding his good performance. The Ghanaians played before KAS Eupen and OH Leuven.

STVV is warmly welcomed to the three new Kanaries at Stayen.

ROLAND YOU C*NT
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    msomerton said:

confirmed on the stvv home page, with photo of him and the shirt, think it means a loan move.

3 year contract, according to their site.

Interesting his t-shirt says "ashes to dust". What is he trying to tell us?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I suppose it's better than a loan.
    Hopefully we can now sign a keeper and left back
  • Options

se9addick said:

The oddest thing on CC to STVV is the timing.

Why not when Igor, who want before our pre-season, went rather than now?

Was it to so KR could see him and decide? If so he's meant to have been good in pre-season?

It probably has more to do with the STVV manager deciding that he wanted him than KR deciding that he didn't !
    Maybe but why now? He was at STVV last season and did well.

Sure there is a reason but just can't work out what it might be.

Maybe Duchatelet has seen STVV get close to Europe and wants to push them? Maybe Karl wanted to look at CC but if so why not look at Igor, a much better player imho.

Maybe Igor wasn't interested and CC was in "trying out" for Karl.

As I said the timing is odd.
    Possibly they had other targets which didn't work out so they've now demanded that we hand over the Ceballos regardless of whether KR wanted him as part of our squad or not.
  • Options

Was it to so KR could see him and decide? If so he's meant to have been good in pre-season?

I agree with this, but when you say good in pre season in whose opinion a few fans or the manager and coaching staff. Also don't forget we haven't played anyone of league one standard yet. From what I have seen of him League 1 will be far to physical and he wont be able to impact much on a game
  • Options
    Roland bank rolling them they got our 3 big earners earners on there books wonder how much bigger there budget is to ours.does he realise the difference in prize money in English football compared to Belgium. Why is Igor loan and them permanent though?
  • Options
    No mention of a fee I see, not even undisclosed, so another free transfer.

So this summer have we SOLD a player to anyone? Released a lot, loaned two and given free transfers to another network club.

Does make me wonder why Igor was only loaned though.

Can't say I'm upset to see CC go but wish him good luck and a good career.

It was clear we had to move players before Robinson could buy again so I hope this frees his hand somewhat. How much that is remains to be seen.
  • Options
    Do you get the feeling we are being asset stripped?
    Its almost as if he's gonna get his own back on us, not only is he kicking us in the goolies by getting no one of note in, he's decide to really go for it and take away anyone worth their salt.
    Watch Kashi , once he's proved his fitness, and potentially Konsa to move to STVV too before the year is out.
  • Options
    Would love to know what Ceballos and KR really thought about this. Did he want the move, did KR want to keep him etc.

From KRs quote on the OS it gives the impression he was on a big contract, which is a risk if they have doubts the about him suiting League 1.

Could be that KR wasn't given the choice to keep him.
  • Options

You couldn't make up how our club has been operating.
    If the last few years were pitched to the writers of sky's old dream team programme, it'd be rejected as being too far fetched.

Katrien is no Linda Block either
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Konsa won't go there when he got a chance to go to a bigger club here. I mean Igor was meant to have Stoke after him when we were in championship. His not going to get no one after him at sttv is he. Shows a lack of ambition to by him to me.
  • Options
    Anyone know how long Vetokele has left on his contract
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Or, was it that STVV didn't want him unless he was good in pre-season?
  • Options

Do you get the feeling we are being asset stripped?
    Its almost as if he's gonna get his own back on us, not only is he kicking us in the goolies by getting no one of note in, he's decide to really go for it and take away anyone worth their salt.
    Watch Kashi , once he's proved his fitness, and potentially Konsa to move to STVV too before the year is out.

Charlton is effectively being made to eat itself. Roland's 'investment' in the club is a mirage. Staprix loan money to Charlton. The only new capital is from player sales, most of which goes back to Staprix. Kermogant paid for a new pitch. Lookman is paying for the training ground.

Every year the squad is cut/liquidated and restocked with cheaper, inferior players. The Academy isn't a magic cupboard that automatically refills itself with £7m footballers. Before long, they'll only be able to buy a new minibus with the proceeds from player sales.
  • Options
    To me it just looks like he is moving some of his more expensive assets from one company to another. Why? Hopefully to make us more attractive to a buyer who will not have to acquire their expensive contracts. Maybe Watt will be next?
  • Options

Or, was it that STVV didn't want him unless he was good in pre-season?
    So STVV sign a player based on whether he played well against a few Irish and non-league English clubs?
  • Options
    beats some 9 year old watching a few vids and phoning Rolly like our scouting network does