Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ceballos sold to STVV (ed. confirmed)

Comments

• Options
    Move to be completed today according to Rich Cawley.
  • Options

seth plum said:

they literally cannot help themselves, if hes gone and it frees up money whats the fucking point left it too late to get players in, had high hopes for this season, but think we will scrape playoffs and lose.

You may well be right and it's looking like that at the moment, but the window doesn't shut until the end of August, so we still have 6 weeks.
    True, however we know what title-winning squad build looks like. Most of the key players in place for Welling, and only Kermorgant added to a well balanced squad after the season had started.

I don't really buy the argument that we have until 31 August. The season starts on 5 August, and 12 points are there to be lost before 31 August, as well as our traditional EFL cup bonanza.

Sheff U picked up 1 point from their first 4 games last season and 4 points from their first 5 games.

Obviously, everyone would have liked the squad completed by now, but it's a marathon not a sprint and Sheff U were bottom 4 toward the end of August last season and bottom after 4 games.

Not that I think we are looking likely to get automatic promotion.
    I see where you're coming from, but this time patience from me has run out.
    The leeway is non existent, we have to win the first match against Bristol Rovers at home and then at least draw at Plymouth.
    We really don't have to win the first of 46 games. I just proved that Sheff U picked up 1 point from their first 4 games, before going on to win the league comfortably . Chill out.
    I accept you want me to chill.
    However the psychological impact (and I don't want it to happen) of losing at home to Bristol and away to Plymouth will be negative.
    You are right to cite Sheffield United, but the tolerance of their last season's poor start was helped by a large fan base that felt connected to their club.
    If we have a bad start there will be a background of fresh general criticism for this regime to deal with, and I don't think it will only be me.
  • Options
    Ross said:

Move to be completed today according to Rich Cawley.

Permanent move, so no chance of a recall in January.

• Options
    Interesting that the Tex and Ceballos deals are permanent, while Igor is just on loan for the season
  • Options
    there may be valid reasons for Igor being on loan and the other two sold, but then again it's probably just KM's scattergun approach
  • Options
    could this change in permanent deals now be a way to make the books look better pre sale?
  • Options
    What a pile of Sh*t
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

What a pile of Sh*t

I didn't rate Cebellos but think that is harsh on him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Frees up probably high wages
  • Options
    Shifting of assets? I'm sure he will be gone by Jan.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

The oddest thing on CC to STVV is the timing.

Why not when Igor, who want before our pre-season, went rather than now?

Was it to so KR could see him and decide? If so he's meant to have been good in pre-season?

I just think it's indicative of the complete lack of joined up or forward thinking across the board.

Of course it could be that they are looking at the 'spare' players and centrally deciding where the player is best based for the good of the network. Maximise game time, performance and sell on at profit.......Nah, me neither.

From what i saw he played ok against two poor teams, for a poor team.
  • Options

Interesting that the Tex and Ceballos deals are permanent, while Igor is just on loan for the season

Also joins Botaka there.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

1StevieG said:

I'll be glad to see the back of him purely because of the absolute mangled attempts to spell his name on here. It's like watching an episode of the upronouncables....

People cant even spell "Clarke" or "Pigott" properly so what hope do they have with a name like Ceballos?
    Cables piddles cuddles.
    It's a reacuring theme
    if you want to do this, may i suggest a thread i never look at like dr who, cycling or rugby related. There you can continue to misappropriate all you want

gits
  • Options

Was it to so KR could see him and decide? If so he's meant to have been good in pre-season?

It probably has more to do with the STVV manager deciding that he wanted him than KR deciding that he didn't !
  • Options
    He was always going to go so why did the stupid cnuts play him in any of the friendly games. It obviously wasn't to see if he was any good as he has been the best player so far.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

He was always going to go so why did the stupid cnuts play him in any of the friendly games. It obviously wasn't to see if he was any good as he has been the best player so far.

Might be things we dont see like attitude weather KR believes CC has what it takes to roll his sleeves up and dig in on a cold Tuesday in Walsall etc.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

It probably has more to do with the STVV manager deciding that he wanted him than KR deciding that he didn't !
    Maybe but why now? He was at STVV last season and did well.

Sure there is a reason but just can't work out what it might be.

Maybe Duchatelet has seen STVV get close to Europe and wants to push them? Maybe Karl wanted to look at CC but if so why not look at Igor, a much better player imho.

Maybe Igor wasn't interested and CC was in "trying out" for Karl.

As I said the timing is odd.
  • Options

Nicholas said:

Might be things we dont see like attitude weather KR believes CC has what it takes to roll his sleeves up and dig in on a cold Tuesday in Walsall etc.
    While it's true he's a bit lightweight, he was full of effort in the recent games so his attitude doesn't seem bad. Realistically don't see what more he could've done, it feels like this was always going to happen regardless.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i think the timing is more to do with what is happening behind the scenes
  • Options

Nicholas said:

The same should be said about Kashi though, he has played something like 12 games in 2 years, disappeared off the scene and is now back and no one says a word, he may not fancy it on a cold night in Walsall either. Robinson asked Cabellios to come in and show what he can do, he has done well so should at least be given a chance, if it doesnt work out then fine. However this deal was done way before the friendlies so he should never have been able to play.

Robinson in another little puppet bitch like all the managers before him. Does what his told and gets what he is given. Only difference between him and the others is he enjoys being the mouthpiece for the scum in charge.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

se9addick said:

Maybe but why now? He was at STVV last season and did well.

Sure there is a reason but just can't work out what it might be.

Maybe Duchatelet has seen STVV get close to Europe and wants to push them? Maybe Karl wanted to look at CC but if so why not look at Igor, a much better player imho.

Maybe Igor wasn't interested and CC was in "trying out" for Karl.

As I said the timing is odd.
    I suspect the old codger was advised that we could sell them and get a fee for both. He's probably sat on that until it was explained to him they wasn't any likelihood of that happening.

Katrien will spin this that due to the benefit of the network we could get them off the wage bill permanently whilst completely ignoring the fact that they shackled us with them in the first place.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Talal said:

Nicholas said:

While it's true he's a bit lightweight, he was full of effort in the recent games so his attitude doesn't seem bad. Realistically don't see what more he could've done, it feels like this was always going to happen regardless.
    Possible who knows.

I cant say i am too fussed I have not bought into how good he seems to be based on a few pre season friendlies.

I might be wrong but can imagine him going missing in games week in week out after a big experienced league one centre back has let him know he is there.
  • Options

i think the timing is more to do with what is happening behind the scenes

We can but hope. Don't care who goes to STVV if it means that twat sells.
  • Options
    I was all for giving CC a chance but maybe it was STVV wanted him permanently and had to raise funds to buy him? (didn't they sell a CB last weekend)

Think sometimes now its very easy to blame SMT etc when it could something different
  • Options

Red_James said:

I was all for giving CC a chance but maybe it was STVV wanted him permanently and had to raise funds to buy him? (didn't they sell a CB last weekend)

Think sometimes now its very easy to blame SMT etc when it could something different

Surely it was just Roland having a conversation with a mirror?
    Heard it was a very tough negotiation ;)

It's the same here though we have had to sell people before bringing others in, is definitely a possibility
  • Options
    Bye Cellabos, I will never forget your corner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bzsTpwkhLg