Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ceballos sold to STVV (ed. confirmed)

Comments

• Options
    Intriguing isn't it. Tex's move was out of the blue too.
  • Options

they literally cannot help themselves, if hes gone and it frees up money whats the fucking point left it too late to get players in, had high hopes for this season, but think we will scrape playoffs and lose.

You may well be right and it's looking like that at the moment, but the window doesn't shut until the end of August, so we still have 6 weeks.
    True, however we know what title-winning squad build looks like. Most of the key players in place for Welling, and only Kermorgant added to a well balanced squad after the season had started.

I don't really buy the argument that we have until 31 August. The season starts on 5 August, and 12 points are there to be lost before 31 August, as well as our traditional EFL cup bonanza.

Hamer and Andy Hughes signed 1st August.
  • Options
    Maybe they want to move him on and he's refusing to go .
  • Options
    bobcafc7 said:

they literally cannot help themselves, if hes gone and it frees up money whats the fucking point left it too late to get players in, had high hopes for this season, but think we will scrape playoffs and lose.

You may well be right and it's looking like that at the moment, but the window doesn't shut until the end of August, so we still have 6 weeks.
    True, however we know what title-winning squad build looks like. Most of the key players in place for Welling, and only Kermorgant added to a well balanced squad after the season had started.

I don't really buy the argument that we have until 31 August. The season starts on 5 August, and 12 points are there to be lost before 31 August, as well as our traditional EFL cup bonanza.

Hamer conceded. Andy Hughes, not sure you could describe him as integral to the title winning squad, at least not on the pitch.

And August 1st was before the start ot the season.

Start with 2 draws from the first 4 games and whoever you sign at the last minute is unlikely to put us back in a promotion race we will already have forgone.

But of course, we could all be in for a pleasant surprise in the next couple of weeks. It's just the track record doesn't suggest such a surprise might materialise, as countless others have already said.

• Options

bobcafc7 said:

Hamer conceded. Andy Hughes, not sure you could describe him as integral to the title winning squad, at least not on the pitch.

And August 1st was before the start ot the season.

Start with 2 draws from the first 4 games and whoever you sign at the last minute is unlikely to put us back in a promotion race we will already have forgone.

But of course, we could all be in for a pleasant surprise in the next couple of weeks. It's just the track record doesn't suggest such a surprise might materialise, as countless others have already said.

In terms of Goalkeeper though we still had the experience Rob Elliott who played four (?) times that season prior to leaving for Newcastle and was thus replaced by Ben Hamer between the sticks, didnt we also have John Sullivan already?
  • Options
    Renewed speculation about Ceballos in Belgian press today. Even Het Belang (RD is a columnist for hbvl) says STVV are working busily towards a return on loan.

"In die zin werkt STVV ook naarstig aan een terugkeer van Cristian Ceballos. De Spanjaard keerde na vorig seizoen terug naar Charlton, waar hij nog tot juni 2018 onder contract ligt, maar zou mogelijk op korte termijn opnieuw op Stayen neerstrijken voor een nieuwe uitleenbeurt."

http://www.hbvl.be/cnt/dmf20170718_02977338/twee-nieuwe-testers-bij-stvv-ook-ceballos-op-komst
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Sheff U picked up 1 point from their first 4 games last season and 4 points from their first 5 games.

Obviously, everyone would have liked the squad completed by now, but it's a marathon not a sprint and Sheff U were bottom 4 toward the end of August last season and bottom after 4 games.

Not that I think we are looking likely to get automatic promotion.
  • Options

Sheff U picked up 1 point from their first 4 games last season and 4 points from their first 5 games.

Obviously, everyone would have liked the squad completed by now, but it's a marathon not a sprint and Sheff U were bottom 4 toward the end of August last season and bottom after 4 games.

Two of those defeats were against Millwall and Bolton btw.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

I'm looking forward to finding out who we miss out on just before this window closes! When we won the league, it was pretty clear we were going to do well at this point.

I expect the deadline day video on cafc pass to be absolute gold. I think KR will really put in an oscar winning performance
    When you say Gold, do you mean as in UK Gold.
    "A repeat of last year" ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Ceballos frenzy! It puts me in mind of the Chris Dickson furore.

He played alright in the friendlies - i think there was a rosy tint to some of your streams!
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited July 2017
    Squad still undercooked & lacking balance & cover in a few positions. At present it is following the pattern of other seasons. Hope that's changes before the season starts / window closes. Not planning to hold my breath though as that would likely end up with suffocation & death where Duchatelet is concerned & building a balanced squad. We live in hope as ever.
  • Options
    vff said:

Squad still undercooked & lacking balance & cover in a few positions. At present it is following the pattern of other seasons. Hope that's changes before the season starts / window closes. Not planning to hold my breath though as that would likely end up with suffocation & death where Duchatelet is concerned & building a balanced squad. We live in hope as ever.

He has no concept of the principle and Meire has helped scientists discover the greatest depth there can be, in relation to the depth she is out of! And I must say it isn't because she is a woman, so I don't fall foul of the law :)
  • Options
    vff said:

Please dont keep mentioning Ballance - you'll have the cricket mods after you.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I see where you're coming from, but this time patience from me has run out.
    The leeway is non existent, we have to win the first match against Bristol Rovers at home and then at least draw at Plymouth.
    We really don't have to win the first of 46 games. I just proved that Sheff U picked up 1 point from their first 4 games, before going on to win the league comfortably . Chill out.
  • Options
    I'll be glad to see the back of him purely because of the absolute mangled attempts to spell his name on here. It's like watching an episode of the upronouncables....
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

I'll be glad to see the back of him purely because of the absolute mangled attempts to spell his name on here. It's like watching an episode of the upronouncables....

People cant even spell "Clarke" or "Pigott" properly so what hope do they have with a name like Ceballos?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

1StevieG said:

People cant even spell "Clarke" or "Pigott" properly so what hope do they have with a name like Ceballos?
    Cables piddles cuddles.
    It's a reacuring theme
    Very true @Fleetwood82
    Literally LOLed at this.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

1StevieG said:

Cables piddles cuddles.
    It's a reacuring theme
    Very true @Fleetwood82
    Literally LOLed at this.
    I had to give him a lol myself
  • Options

Of course you can bounce back from a poor start, but it's far better if you can get a good start for some early momentum, especially with the way things are at our club right now. You think the team will get all the support they need if they start badly? Fans have seen crap year after year with this lot in charge, and we need to start seeing something to lift us as much as the team need us to lift them.
  • Options
    I think we are not too badly placed with two or three decent signings but don't expect anything based on experience.