Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ceballos sold to STVV (ed. confirmed)

Comments

• Options
    SDAddick said:

se9addick said:

SDAddick said:

se9addick said:

SDAddick said:

When it's on the official site and all, but this would be maddening. The best player in pre-season by a country mile. Used to be ON THE BOOKS @se9addick ;) at Spurs and Barcelona.

That's more like it !
    Whilst he was on the book, do you imagine he played a bit of football...?
    Not for them he didn't.

They might have let him in the training ground every now and then though.
    And do you think he was just there laying out the cones?!?!?!
    Let's not go too far, assistant to the person making the tea perhaps.
  • Options
    HarryLime said:

Redrobo said:

If true and it is about balancing the squads and the books I assume Robbo had to make a decision on which of his decent players he would lose. Kash is the one to keep as there are very few of his type about and is also good enough for the Championship should we ever get there.

I also guess that STVV were not overly impressed with Sarr's flexability along the back 4 but Robbo gave it every chance.

Robinson has no real say on who stays and who goes.
    He gets what he is given like all the others.
    No, clearly not. Or Holmes would be long gone.
  • Options

HarryLime said:

Redrobo said:

If true and it is about balancing the squads and the books I assume Robbo had to make a decision on which of his decent players he would lose. Kash is the one to keep as there are very few of his type about and is also good enough for the Championship should we ever get there.

I also guess that STVV were not overly impressed with Sarr's flexability along the back 4 but Robbo gave it every chance.

You miss the point Harry.......Holmes is still within the regimes network.....he's not actually with Charlton per say but part of a bigger Alice in Wonderland scheme that only Duchatalet has the remotest idea what's going on and where it's all heading.
    Goldfinger controls the show and who comes and goes within his mad empire is run by him before anything is sanctioned. Both in and out!
  • Options

HarryLime said:

Redrobo said:

You miss the point Harry.......Holmes is still within the regimes network.....he's not actually with Charlton per say but part of a bigger Alice in Wonderland scheme that only Duchatalet has the remotest idea what's going on and where it's all heading.
    Goldfinger controls the show and who comes and goes within his mad empire is run by him before anything is sanctioned. Both in and out!
    How many of our English players have gone to Belgium? How many Belgians have we signed in the past 18 months? Moving on past mistakes like Tex, Igor etc. reflects on the mess the club was in a few years ago, not now.
  • Options
    It was obviously that mess that got us in to this situation but, this season alone, we actually look quite good and the constant negativity just isn't needed.
  • Options

HarryLime said:

Redrobo said:

Is Katrien Pussy Galore?
  • Options

It was obviously that mess that got us in to this situation but, this season alone, we actually look quite good and the constant negativity just isn't needed.

We did not look quite good against UCD.
  • Options

Look quite good?

The squad is still woefully short in key positions as it stands. As it has been for the past 3/4 seasons.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It really depends on whether they are making room for new recruits - if so I'm happy to be rid of over paid underperforming players in that scenario
  • Options

HarryLime said:

Redrobo said:

How many of our English players have gone to Belgium? How many Belgians have we signed in the past 18 months? Moving on past mistakes like Tex, Igor etc. reflects on the mess the club was in a few years ago, not now.
    As Slade was sacked last November, contradicting the chief executive's public statement a week earlier, and RD then installed his own first team coach from Belgium, I think we should be able to agree the club was in a mess eight months ago - whatever the situation is now.
    I'd argue that's the most footballing things she's done to date, giving him the dreaded vote of confidence.
  • Options

Having been my MOM in all the Ireland games, his goal and the all round positive reviews for his performance yesterday i would be surprised to see him shipped off to STVV.

His behaviour and performance's to me seem like me wants to be here and put a shift in l, i would like to see him given a chance with us this season.

This weekend had me poised to buy my & Golfie Jnr's first season ticket for 2 years, with the new contracts to Pearce & Holmes, and the signings of Marshall, Fosu (I'm a bit meh about Clarke) & the re-emergence of Ceballos had me thinking that this season could be a much better one than I had hoped for in May. BUT, if Ceballos does go this coming week I'll be mighty p**ssed off.
  • Options

Having been my MOM in all the Ireland games, his goal and the all round positive reviews for his performance yesterday i would be surprised to see him shipped off to STVV.

His behaviour and performance's to me seem like me wants to be here and put a shift in l, i would like to see him given a chance with us this season.

This weekend had me poised to buy my & Golfie Jnr's first season ticket for 2 years, with the new contracts to Pearce & Holmes, and the signings of Marshall, Fosu (I'm a bit meh about Clarke) & the re-emergence of Ceballos had me thinking that this season could be a much better one than I had hoped for in May. BUT, if Ceballos does go this coming week I'll be mighty p**ssed off.
    He's played well but you do have to consider how much of an asset Ceballos could be this season. As I have stated, I would have liked to have gone into this season with Ceballos and Reeves (if he signs) and not signed Clarke. I even believe KR might feel the same but Ceballos has surprised people.

Clarke has just signed so is one of the two "number 10's". If Ceballos is replaced by Reeves, I will be happy. Most people would have got rid of Ceballos this time last week, and I don't think a few decent performances against poor opposition should be taken too seriously, even if he was probably our best player all week.

I am not convinced Ceballos would be a huge asset but I accept he seems to be playing for a chance and you can't ask for more than that really. Would certainly have him over Watt behind the striker.

• Options

You watch... Ceballos will join STVV on Monday and Reeves will join Sheff Utd on Tuesday leaving us with no central player in said mold!!

Cert!
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    If RD knew all along Ceballos was staying at STTV, why the hell has he been training with us ?

Surely, if he's off, then it must mean we have agreed a deal for someone assumed to be better ?
  • Options
    edited July 2017

If RD knew all along Ceballos was staying at STTV, why the hell has he been training with us ?

Surely, if he's off, then it must mean we have agreed a deal for someone assumed to be better ?

In which case it must be Reeves (Plan A) and if that failed then stick with Ceballos (Plan b)

Maybe something has changed in the last few days, maybe Reeves has decided he's waited for a Championship offer long enough and needs to join someone now and that someone is us? Maybe KR has told Reeves it's now or never...who knows but maybe something has changed and maybe the timing of moving Tex on now frees up the wages to bring Reeves in where it wasn't there previously.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Don't think Ceballos is the messiah because he did well against Crumlin and I highly doubt he'll play more than a handful of games if he stays. But if he does go, it's another to be chalked up on the seemingly infinite list of regime cock ups - anyone with half a football brain must've known he wasn't going to be a decent fit in a second/third tier English squad and yet we signed him anyway on no doubt, a lucrative contract.
  • Options

HarryLime said:

Redrobo said:

Is Katrien Pussy Galore?
    Yes mate.
  • Options
    Perhaps as someone else said STVV aren't training at the moment and we had first dibs, and or potentially him going elsewhere?
  • Options

Don't think Ceballos is the messiah because he did well against Crumlin and I highly doubt he'll play more than a handful of games if he stays. But if he does go, it's another to be chalked up on the seemingly infinite list of regime cock ups - anyone with half a football brain must've known he wasn't going to be a decent fit in a second/third tier English squad and yet we signed him anyway on no doubt, a lucrative contract.

But to be fair, he was a Phil Chapple according to GTKTN
  • Options
    razil said:

Perhaps as someone else said STVV aren't training at the moment and we had first dibs, and or potentially him going elsewhere?

Given that they kick off a week before us I would sincerely hope they are training !
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

But to be fair, he was a Phil Chapple according to GTKTN
    Could have been useful as a squad player but he came in to an already young squad where he was given a 3 year deal, the number 10 shirt and was basically guaranteed at least a place on the bench.

No other Championship club would have done that.

What we don't know is how Chapple saw him fitting into the squad and whether he thought he was worth such a long contract.
  • Options
    razil said:

Their season starts in less than 2 weeks and they've already played 4 friendlies
  • Options
    they literally cannot help themselves, if hes gone and it frees up money whats the fucking point left it too late to get players in, had high hopes for this season, but think we will scrape playoffs and lose.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

razil said:

Given that they kick off a week before us I would sincerely hope they are training !
    We played them in July two seasons ago (?) - They thrashed us 4-0 because they were so much fitter than us

Their Pre-Season Fixtures start in June... they've played four games themselves

http://uk.soccerway.com/teams/belgium/sint-truidense-vv/22