Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Greenwich Borough v Charlton XI|PSF|15 July 2017|KO 7.30 PM

13»

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:

Back from this.
    Barnes took a bit of a knock (not a foul) and may be a worry.
    Worth bearing in mind that Greenwich hardly troubled us but an enjoyable evening with @Paddy7 and seeing @cabbles there too.
    Billy Clarke was thankfully a whole lot better than he was in Ireland, Mark Marshall too. Marshall's goal was a terrific team effort, Clarke played in Fairchild well and robbed the keeper for his goal, and the continuing to be impressive Cebellos scored with some intent.
    No poor performances from any of the players Djiksteel playing at right back deserves praise for showing versitility, Crofts was at his efficient and unfussy best, Sarr had the sense to get it and give it, or defend it letting Konsa do the cerebral stuff at the back, Barnes continues to make good progress.
    JFC was replaced quite early by RCC who played well, but using him is a bit of an enigmatic problem.
    Of the subs it was interesting to see Blumberg. Touch of future captain material there in his organisational skills, if he can plat too (today there was no real pressure) he might turn out to be a find. Doughty is a genuine prospect.
    A win on a pleasant summers evening brightens the mood, and reports from welling plus what I saw today eases some of the anxiety I had built up after Ireland. @Paddy7 reckons the Norwich and Ipswich games will be particularly interesting this year in terms of discovering where we're at, and I agree.
    The rest of our division is preparing too, all having similar dreams, but it might be that with a couple or three of significant additions, and good luck with injuries we could be competitive. One hugely important factor is what on earth we would do without big Josh, his is a position that needs a plan even if that means committing Watt to that role. Bristol Rovers will be a strong test, that I am convinced of. We must win it.

Cheers Seth.

I'm curious as to what you mean by RCC being enigmatic? Is it because you don't quite know what his best position is? Is it because she should be playing more?
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

seth plum said:

Back from this.
    Barnes took a bit of a knock (not a foul) and may be a worry.
    Worth bearing in mind that Greenwich hardly troubled us but an enjoyable evening with @Paddy7 and seeing @cabbles there too.
    Billy Clarke was thankfully a whole lot better than he was in Ireland, Mark Marshall too. Marshall's goal was a terrific team effort, Clarke played in Fairchild well and robbed the keeper for his goal, and the continuing to be impressive Cebellos scored with some intent.
    No poor performances from any of the players Djiksteel playing at right back deserves praise for showing versitility, Crofts was at his efficient and unfussy best, Sarr had the sense to get it and give it, or defend it letting Konsa do the cerebral stuff at the back, Barnes continues to make good progress.
    JFC was replaced quite early by RCC who played well, but using him is a bit of an enigmatic problem.
    Of the subs it was interesting to see Blumberg. Touch of future captain material there in his organisational skills, if he can plat too (today there was no real pressure) he might turn out to be a find. Doughty is a genuine prospect.
    A win on a pleasant summers evening brightens the mood, and reports from welling plus what I saw today eases some of the anxiety I had built up after Ireland. @Paddy7 reckons the Norwich and Ipswich games will be particularly interesting this year in terms of discovering where we're at, and I agree.
    The rest of our division is preparing too, all having similar dreams, but it might be that with a couple or three of significant additions, and good luck with injuries we could be competitive. One hugely important factor is what on earth we would do without big Josh, his is a position that needs a plan even if that means committing Watt to that role. Bristol Rovers will be a strong test, that I am convinced of. We must win it.

Cheers Seth.

I'm curious as to what you mean by RCC being enigmatic? Is it because you don't quite know what his best position is? Is it because she should be playing more?
    A bit of both.
    A decent footballer, but I am not sure how he could be best accommodated.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

We should sign the Greenwich keeper.

His name is Ben Card

• Options
    Do we really now have a player called Wiredu?
  • Options
    Well, both linesmen looked like they should be studying for their GCSEs. Made me feel really old and I'm in my 20s!
  • Options

We should sign the Greenwich keeper.

His name is Ben Card

Possibly went to school with him if he used to be at fulham
  • Options
    Greenwich keeper's right hamstring had completely gone in the first half which is why he didn't clear his lines. Wasn't helped by their defence playing risky back passes. Made it very easy for Billy Clarke to dispossess him.
  • Options
    Enjoyable competitive game. Some of Charlton's youngsters are superb athletes.

Celebos could be league one's Messi if he puts in displays like that against higher level opponents.

Left back was absolutely quality too and hope fully knock he got wasn't too serious.

Glad to see Marshall get a goal after a couple of early blunders as it seemed to lift his confidence and he was very influential all over the pitch thereafter.

Clarke had a good game too. Players looked sharp and some good signs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Where is their ground ? The old badgers ground ?
  • Options

Where is their ground ? The old badgers ground ?

Yes - Middle Park Avenue