Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Murder in Greenwich.

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2017

until the sentences get upped nothing will change, as with most things in this once good country we have gone too pc it starts in the schools teachers and the police are the kids friends now, a lot put blame on single parents - got nothing to do with it, been brought up by my mum since i was 6, i haven't carried a knife or stabbed someone.

all these experts on it bang on about education - that's also bollocks - its the culture that you don't want to work and you think your some sort of gangster.

i saw a video yesterday of 4 shitbags on a moped robbing people, like ffs i would like to see them chased and then preferably crash into a wall, instead of see them go in prison and probably come out worse than they went in. people shouldn't be scared in there own homes or driving around, i think if you want to carry weapons/break into peoples homes then your fair game and if you get hurt your problem.

You can up sentences as much as you like but it doesn't stop crime - you just end up building more prisons.

If you want to blame the culture people are brought up in then where does that come from? How do you propose to change it? There is gang culture across the UK and somebody has to look at why and how to prevent it.

Blaming schools is pretty ludicrous - they can't make up for all the inadequate parenting there is. There are loads of kids whose parents don't give a flying f*** about their behaviour.

We seem to live in a very selfish society where people are obsessed with their own needs and rights and forget about the rights of others. It all starts from the home and if you are not taught to respect others then problems will arise.

As a society from top to bottom we encourage people to be selfish and what we are seeing is just a consequence of that. Very few in authority set good examples....

if you currently get caught with acid what the sentance? if it was 25 years people may stop carrying weapons around. as that's a good chunk of there life gone, as a society were too soft on some people fuck me people go round fiddling with kids and are out in 2/3 years, you carry a weapon you get a long stretch - simple.

did i blame schools? but teachers are now so held back ( BY THE POWERS THAT BE) on how firm they can be with pupils not asking for the cane to come back in, but even if a teacher shouts now they get bollocked for it because no doubt someone will record if on there phone, but even police now are trying to be kids friend's playing football with them etc, i didn't leave school too many years ago myself and i wouldn't of been scared of the local community support officers.

the single parents was a defence of mine as were too easy to go oh there from a broken home, it doesn't mean shit its the type of person you are, many of these parents don't know there kids are out getting up to all sorts, many of them are the sort of kids that go to church with mummy and daddy on a sunday whilst being out robbing people on a saturday night, i think in short some people are just wronguns.

an example of your theory of the trouble starts in the home is when we have some nutter that goes round killing people at ariana grande gig - is that the parents fault? - of course not hes a lone wolf, yet when someones throwing acid in someones face - yep home life.
  • Options

until the sentences get upped nothing will change, as with most things in this once good country we have gone too pc it starts in the schools teachers and the police are the kids friends now, a lot put blame on single parents - got nothing to do with it, been brought up by my mum since i was 6, i haven't carried a knife or stabbed someone.

all these experts on it bang on about education - that's also bollocks - its the culture that you don't want to work and you think your some sort of gangster.

i saw a video yesterday of 4 shitbags on a moped robbing people, like ffs i would like to see them chased and then preferably crash into a wall, instead of see them go in prison and probably come out worse than they went in. people shouldn't be scared in there own homes or driving around, i think if you want to carry weapons/break into peoples homes then your fair game and if you get hurt your problem.

You can up sentences as much as you like but it doesn't stop crime - you just end up building more prisons.

If you want to blame the culture people are brought up in then where does that come from? How do you propose to change it? There is gang culture across the UK and somebody has to look at why and how to prevent it.

Blaming schools is pretty ludicrous - they can't make up for all the inadequate parenting there is. There are loads of kids whose parents don't give a flying f*** about their behaviour.

We seem to live in a very selfish society where people are obsessed with their own needs and rights and forget about the rights of others. It all starts from the home and if you are not taught to respect others then problems will arise.

As a society from top to bottom we encourage people to be selfish and what we are seeing is just a consequence of that. Very few in authority set good examples....

if you currently get caught with acid what the sentance? if it was 25 years people may stop carrying weapons around. as that's a good chunk of there life gone, as a society were too soft on some people fuck me people go round fiddling with kids and are out in 2/3 years, you carry a weapon you get a long stretch - simple.

did i blame schools? but teachers are now so held back ( BY THE POWERS THAT BE) on how firm they can be with pupils not asking for the cane to come back in, but even if a teacher shouts now they get bollocked for it because no doubt someone will record if on there phone, but even police now are trying to be kids friend's playing football with them etc, i didn't leave school too many years ago myself and i wouldn't of been scared of the local community support officers.

the single parents was a defence of mine as were too easy to go oh there from a broken home, it doesn't mean shit its the type of person you are, many of these parents don't know there kids are out getting up to all sorts, many of them are the sort of kids that go to church with mummy and daddy on a sunday whilst being out robbing people on a saturday night, i think in short some people are just wronguns.
    Half of our leaders are 'wronguns' and there lies the problem. There are less and less decent role models and money/celebrity seem to be the things people worship.

I think selfishness is actively encouraged and I can't see that changing anytime soon. I agree teachers have a massive problem with discipline because kids are so aware of their own rights but not the rights of others.

Kids have always behaved badly but the difference in the past was parents would hold you to account. So many parents now seem accepting of their kids poor behaviour and will give you a mouthful should you say anything.

• Options
    edited July 2017

Half of our leaders are 'wronguns' and there lies the problem. There are less and less decent role models and money/celebrity seem to be the things people worship.

I think selfishness is actively encouraged and I can't see that changing anytime soon. I agree teachers have a massive problem with discipline because kids are so aware of their own rights but not the rights of others.

Kids have always behaved badly but the difference in the past was parents would hold you to account. So many parents now seem accepting of their kids poor behaviour and will give you a mouthful should you say anything.

how many politicians are responsible for acid attacks, grooming children or robbing people? - thats the crimes im talking about.

i don't think many kids growing up want to be like theresa may - maybe jeremy corbyn because hes really cool and that.

teachers i dont envy them at all and think they do a great job.

maybe its just the way the world is now, but kids are different to even 10 years ago, was driving down the road the other day and some little fucker was riding his bike deliberately in front of me so i stopped and then he shouted up " what you gonna fucking do" personally i would of liked to of run the little C**T over.
  • Options
    At times like these it's important to observe that the vast majority of children are not violent criminals
  • Options
    Leuth said:

At times like these it's important to observe that the vast majority of children are not violent criminals

I think the response to this is:

"Not all children are violent human beings but most violent human beings are children"
  • Options

how many politicians are responsible for acid attacks, grooming children or robbing people? - thats the crimes im talking about.

i don't think many kids growing up want to be like theresa may - maybe jeremy corbyn because hes really cool and that.

maybe its just the way the world is now, but kids are different to even 10 years ago, was driving down the road the other day and some little fucker was riding his bike deliberately in front of me so i stopped and then he shouted up " what you gonna fucking do" personally i would of liked to of run the little C**T over.
    I think politicians have had a fair few paedophiles in their ranks and hardly led by example in many areas. A selfish society lacking in empathy encourages selfish behaviour.
  • Options

I think politicians have had a fair few paedophiles in their ranks
    and hardly led by example in many areas. A selfish society lacking in empathy encourages selfish behaviour.
    name a profession that hasn't
  • Options

I think politicians have had a fair few paedophiles in their ranks and hardly led by example in many areas. A selfish society lacking in empathy encourages selfish behaviour.
    in the past but hopefully not in current government.
  • Options
    Nah, the current lot only want their blood
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ;)
  • Options
    Interesting debate this. Violent crime and crime in general has been reducing since the 90s, but there are spikes and certain crimes in certain areas that are increasing. Very hard to target without investing heavily in a) police to ensure crimes are investigated b) prisons so those are rehabilitated and also kept off the street c) social care. A lot of kids joining gangs have serious problems. Something to tackle the culture and causes of gang membership as well... Talking of dads, I know a guy who runs Generating Genius that gets kids from poor backgrounds into university. Anyway, he was telling me that a lot of the kids who get into gangs either have no.dad, or the dad is a loser. So, lots of positive role models and showing kids a better way of life is needed. Just need to pay for it...
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Interesting debate this. Violent crime and crime in general has been reducing since the 90s, but there are spikes and certain crimes in certain areas that are increasing. Very hard to target without investing heavily in a) police to ensure crimes are investigated b) prisons so those are rehabilitated and also kept off the street c) social care. A lot of kids joining gangs have serious problems. Something to tackle the culture and causes of gang membership as well... Talking of dads, I know a guy who runs Generating Genius that gets kids from poor backgrounds into university. Anyway, he was telling me that a lot of the kids who get into gangs either have no.dad, or the dad is a loser. So, lots of positive role models and showing kids a better way of life is needed. Just need to pay for it...

"Just need to pay for it"

Therein lies the problem. The Tories won't pay for anything.

• Options
    Surely, it is all to do with respect. Respect your parents when growing up, respect your teacher, respect the law etc., trouble is, this is just a word used by gangs to excuse their behaviour, when they accuse someone of not respecting them. The main respect is, respect life, unfortunately, many do not regard life of others as important anymore. What a sad decline of moral standards over the years, I suppose it was others like me who lived in the new found independence of the 60's who started the decline, never thinking it would get to this low standard. More police would help, but surely it starts with young parents attitude to everything around them and teaching their children to respect it.
  • Options
    It's difficult to hear the letters UK without thinking of Unbelievable Krimewave
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Surely, it is all to do with respect. Respect your parents when growing up, respect your teacher, respect the law etc., trouble is, this is just a word used by gangs to excuse their behaviour, when they accuse someone of not respecting them. The main respect is, respect life, unfortunately, many do not regard life of others as important anymore. What a sad decline of moral standards over the years, I suppose it was others like me who lived in the new found independence of the 60's who started the decline, never thinking it would get to this low standard. More police would help, but surely it starts with young parents attitude to everything around them and teaching their children to respect it.

Exactly. But for a lot of kids they don't have decent parents or positive role models. I guess that is something we can all help with. For example, a lot of kids from inner city areas (not necessarily in gangs) won't know anything of the world outside their own estate or "territory" and don't have the skills or the confidence to engage with anyone outside of their group. Intervention works in these instances, teaching kids new life skills, making some contacts... Realise there is a life and a world out there different from theirs that's better and accessible to them. So many barriers in the way, many of them cultural.

But there are plenty of charities looking for work experience opportunities, or mentors for these kids. Hoping to get involved myself soon
  • Options
    Leuth said:

It's difficult to hear the letters UK without thinking of Unbelievable Krimewave

Bring back borstal
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Leuth said:

Bring back borstal
    Lick yourself off my shoe!
  • Options
    (yes I know it's a different episode)
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Leuth said:

Bring back borstal
    Just breeds fitter harder criminals. Over eighteens who commit violent crime need locking up for a long time. Under eighteens need locking up as well but spend a bit more on education and rehabilitation programmes. Square bashing and a stick doesn't work. Just gives them respect when they hit the streets again.

Never thought I would agree with it but three strikes is starting to appeal to me.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Three strikes is alright unless you're the person who gets stabbed on the blokes 3rd offence.
    Seeing as long sentences are probably not a deterrent how about a sentence where the offender is actually punished as opposed to rehabilitated.
    8 Hours a day of hard physical labour followed by 2 of compulsory English/Maths or Job skills.
    Prison is obviously not a worry for a lot of the youngsters.
  • Options
    Carrying industrial strength acid needs to be an offence, similar / stronger to carrying a knife. The law needs to be looked at how that might work. Any fecker using it in an attack of any kind, needs the book throwing at them. Pernicious nasty & evil. Message needs to be seen that going in that direction is a very bad idea.
  • Options
    A man has been arrested on suspicion of murder in connection with the fatal stabbing of a Bromley dad.

A 26-year-old man was arrested this morning after raids at two addresses in the Deptford area.

Danny Pearce, 31, was stabbed in King William Walk, Greenwich, on Saturday, July 15 at 12.15am after he was confronted by two men on a moped who demanded he hand over his Rolex watch and phone.

Police found Mr Pearce suffering from stab wounds and he was pronounced dead at the scene.

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/15454235.Arrest_made_in_murder_investigation_after_fatal_stabbing_of_Bromley_dad/?ref=mrb&lp=1
  • Options
    edited August 2017

A man has been arrested on suspicion of murder in connection with the fatal stabbing of a Bromley dad.

A 26-year-old man was arrested this morning after raids at two addresses in the Deptford area.

Danny Pearce, 31, was stabbed in King William Walk, Greenwich, on Saturday, July 15 at 12.15am after he was confronted by two men on a moped who demanded he hand over his Rolex watch and phone.

Police found Mr Pearce suffering from stab wounds and he was pronounced dead at the scene.

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/15454235.Arrest_made_in_murder_investigation_after_fatal_stabbing_of_Bromley_dad/?ref=mrb&lp=1

IF this is the arrest of the perpetrator, then at age 26, he is most definitely NOT a child .. IF he's guilty ? .. 30 years with no hope of parole and this should apply to ALL murderers .. 30 years minimum that is ... as for acid throwers .. I'd like to see mutilation with a Stanley knife but being a tad more liberal .. minimum 20 years even for a first offence
  • Options

IF this is the arrest of the perpetrator, then at age 26, he is most definitely NOT a child .. IF he's guilty ? .. 30 years with no hope of parole and this should apply to ALL murderers .. 30 years minimum that is ... as for acid throwers .. I'd like to see mutilation with a Stanley knife but being a tad more liberal .. minimum 20 years even for a first offence
    I doubt the 26 year old arrested will be prosecuted as a child.
  • Options
    edited August 2017

You watch. Not guilty of murder, but guilty of manslaughter. 6 year sentence, will be out in 3. Disgusting. .
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I doubt the 26 year old arrested will be prosecuted as a child.
    thanks for your thoughtful insight
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Jordan Bailey-Mascoll (25) was found guilty of murdering 31-year old Danny Pearce, following a three week trial at the Old Bailey.

Bailey-Mascoll also pleaded guilty to a robbery that occurred on 13 July 2017.