Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bands/Songs you wouldn't admit to liking, nows yer chance to reveal all;)

2»

Comments

• Options
    Eliza Doolittle - Pack up
  • Options
    Psy (the gangnam style bloke) - Gentleman
  • Options
    Zoom - Fat Larry's Band.

(Oh the shame)
  • Options
    Huge respect for ABBA.....superb song writers and of course all clasicly trained musicians and singers.
    I don't own any of their albums but as "pop music" goes they are way ahead of anyone else. (Note I said pop music).
    Be honest, who of us haven't had a few pints at a wedding or party and tripped the light fantastic to the strains of Dancing Queen......and loved every moment of it.
  • Options
    Not songs but genres.

In the late 80's one weekend we would be at a Bobby Brown concert and then next week part of a convoy leaving Fleet Service station en route to a rave.

• Options

I went through the 1980s liking jazz-funk: Shakatak, Shalamar, Imagination, George Benson... Bubble perms and padded shoulders. They weren't THAT bad, were they? Were they?

I was into that too. Went to see Imagination at the Orchard Dartford on he evening the announcement was made that we were leaving the Valley (the palace game). Spent the evening watching the concert with a face like a smacked arse.
  • Options
    Bucks Fizz
  • Options

Never understood " guilty pleasures".

If you like it you like it. Carpenters were great and the songs still stand up well.

Not to mention one of the greatest guitar solos of all time on "Goodbye To Love" as played by Tony Peluso
  • Options
    Little Mix. I quite like some Little Mix songs.

Also, I listened to the One Love Manchester concert on the radio and found myself really enjoying one singer. Turned out to be Justin Bieber.
  • Options
    When I was about 13, I liked Crazy Horses by the Osmonds. This was at a time when it really wasn't cool to be an Osmond admirer. Had to hid the album when my mates came round to listen to Slade ..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    _MrDick said:

When I was about 13, I liked Crazy Horses by the Osmonds. This was at a time when it really wasn't cool to be an Osmond admirer. Had to hid the album when my mates came round to listen to Slade ..

Crazy Horses was a classic though. Nothing like any other Osmond's songs that I know of.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

I admire your courage in admitting to that, I bet it feels good to get it off your chest after all these years.

• Options

Never understood " guilty pleasures".

If you like it you like it. Carpenters were great and the songs still stand up well.

True Henry re The Carpenters but considering I was into Prog Rock back then, Carpenters and Bread seem like an extreme diversion.
  • Options
    Stig said:

_MrDick said:

Crazy Horses was a classic though. Nothing like any other Osmond's songs that I know of.
    Yep that's another that I liked but nothing else by them.
  • Options
    Stig said:

_MrDick said:

I would suggest it stood out as less shite than everything else they did, but by no means a classic.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

I detested Crazy Horses at the time and still do today. It's one of those rare songs that make me want to smash the radio.
  • Options

Adam and the Ants, bearing in mind their biggest hits all came out 6/7 years before I was born.

Hey !?! Adam and the Ants (or Antz if you really go for retro) were a class little act. I got pasted for nominating Squeeze a year or two back, and I accept I was wrong, but Antmusic, Cartrouble and Kings of the Wild Frontier were classics.
  • Options
    Taylor Swift - Out of the Woods
    (I know, pretty bad)
  • Options
    Cotton Eye Joe. Passionately, shamefully, un-ironically love it.
  • Options
    I have a bit of an inexplicable liking for 90s dance pop one hit wonders, despite generally being a rock/prog fan. Haddaway's 'What is Love?' Corona's 'The Rhythm of the Night' and Tony DiBart's 'The Real Thing' are particular favourites although I draw the line at 'Saturday Night' by Whigfield.