Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Welling v Charlton - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    He commented on his fitness, on today's performance we'd be crazy not to give him a chance, he literally couldn't have done anymore
  • Options
    Very impressed with their keeper today. Louington, I think it was? Well worth a punt I'd say.
  • Options
    I was sitting next to directors box and no sign of Katrien Meire?
  • Options

On her 6th holiday of the year probably.
  • Options

Thought Lapslie was superb today as well as Kashi who I thought had a good game

Quite agree. Didn't know who is was as the tannoy announcer gave up after announcing the line-ups at 3 o'clock and thought it might have been Kennedy but obviously I was wrong.

Best players today (1st half) were Stewart, Kashi & Aribo with honourable mentions for Solly & Jacko. No idea who they 2nd half team were, but stand out players were Lapslie (big blond hair & run around like a young Svensson) and Bowry (defender). Phillips did ok with the saves he had to make but their keeper pulled off 2 or 3 blinders.

If we don't keep Stewart then we're idiots. I can understand KR's comments if he thinks KM will be using him instead of bringing in a fitter body - but Stewart looked miles better than most of the others out there so I still think he can do a job if he's only half fit..
  • Options

Anyone got an idea who this Fernández geezer is?

No idea, but in the light of Texiera's move to STVV, I wonder if it might be St Truiden's Portuguese defender Ruben Fernandez?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I know 2+2 doesn't = 5 but can anyone vouch for Cuddles whereabouts :wink:
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Aaaah - how timely. Just leaving Greenwich Borough's ground after having done the double header.

Great day for @The31YearMan he was punch drunk at having done 5 games in 5 days

Good to meet @seth plum again and meet @PaddyP17 for the first time

I thought the welling game was slow and the best bit was the banter with JJ on the corners in the first half

When you go to these games and get up close you realise how many of our players bring an absolute entourage
  • Options

Thought Lapslie was superb today as well as Kashi who I thought had a good game

Agreed....thought Stewart & KAG had good 1st halves too.
  • Options

No idea, but in the light of Texiera's move to STVV, I wonder if it might be St Truiden's Portuguese defender Ruben Fernandez?
    Ruben Fernandes is returning to Portugal for personal reasons, according to the Belgian media, so Tex is seen as a replacement.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Very pleased to see others appreciating Lapslie. Let us nurture and not exploit.

I feel he is a player some people just won't "get". But I see him as one of those who knits things together.

I Agree and really hope we nurture him and he gets a chance this season

• Options

Ruben Fernandes is returning to Portugal for personal reasons, according to the Belgian media, so Tex is seen as a replacement.
    In that case, just a coincidence
  • Options
    cabbles said:

RedChaser said:

Aaaah - how timely. Just leaving Greenwich Borough's ground after having done the double header.

I thought the welling game was slow and the best bit was the banter with JJ on the corners in the first half

When you go to these games and get up close you realise how many of our players bring an absolute entourage
    If I had mates I'd bring them everywhere as well.
  • Options
    I don't think I've seen Kashi play. Something to look forward to.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Thanks to all of the Charlton fans that came today, its massive for a club like us that Charlton see it as the thing to do and Charlton fans to attend in good numbers. See a few of you again for the Kent Senior Cup game.

Good luck this season

#RolandOut

What was the attendance and how did it compare to previous seasons ?
  • Options
    1400 ish i think, not as many as when you were in the Prem but still a good turnout as you were playing twice today.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

I don't think I've seen Kashi play. Something to look forward to.

He's different gravy. He'll break up an attack one minute and a few seconds later be playing well in the oppo's half.....IF he stays fit.....
  • Options
    cabbles said:

RedChaser said:

Clearly @PaddyP17 was a bit schizophrenic yesterday, as he was umpiring a cricket match in Lee while watching the match in Welling.
  • Options
    It would've been paddy7.
  • Options
    AshBurton said:

cabbles said:

RedChaser said:

Clearly @PaddyP17 was a bit schizophrenic yesterday, as he was umpiring a cricket match in Lee while watching the match in Welling.
    ... My reputation precedes me? Yeah, would likely have been @Paddy7
  • Options
    Is there any highlights?