Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Welling v Charlton - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    I remember our premier league charlton lost 1-0 at welling under Dowie.

From that moment the fixture has sort of died for me
  • Options
    Looks like we've literally cut the squad in half with quite a few players missing. Really disappointed in that. Welling is meant to be on its own day and because it's not half the first team won't be there. Out of order to Welling after all these years.
  • Options

Can't make it as I'm due to go to London with my wife as my daughter's away for the weekend. However, she's out on her leaving do from work tonight so might not be match fit for tomorrow. In which case, I'll be there.

Fair play to her. She got in around 1 last night fairly pissed but she was up an about this morning and we're now sitting in a west end pub having a drink.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Jackson left back again.
    Da Silva can't come quick enough
  • Options
    Trailist alert
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    It's a strong enough starting line-up to be fair. The absence of the new signings is a bit off.

Dowie fielded kids and claimed nobody had explained to him this wasn't what was expected.
  • Options
    Any streams? (Other than mine when i piss myself laughing when we lose to Welling again)
  • Options

SDAddick said:
    It's a strong enough starting line-up to be fair. The absence of the new signings is a bit off.

Dowie fielded kids and claimed nobody had explained to him this wasn't what was expected.
    And this allows most of the team to potentially get 60+ minutes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bit OTT the amount of police here for a Welling v Charlton game !?!?
  • Options
    Does anyone know if this is being broadcast, either audio or video? I seem to recall promises that Valley Pass would cover all of the pre-season games but I'm not seeing anything...
  • Options
    Who is the trialist? Martin?
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Who is Cummings and Maloney?
  • Options
    Cummings is a young signing, defender, Maloney is a promising young talent, versatile.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Cummings is a centre half. Maloney is a Midfielder, striker.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Who is the trialist? Martin?

doubt it. Will more likely be one of the six trailists with the U23s
  • Options
    I always intended to do Greenwich out of the two, and it looks to be the more interesting fixture to see less familiar players.
  • Options
    Sage said:

Looking at that team, I am guessing that the team for Greenwich Borough tonight would be...

Maynard-Brewer
    Tex Konsa Sarr Barnes
    Crofts Forster-Caskey
    Marshall Clarke Holmes
    Novak

Think it's a good shout except for I think Beeney will be in goal. I'd also be a bit surprised if JFC starts. Think he may come on in the second half. Think Dijksteel will start. My guess:

Beeney
    Tex Konsa Sarr Barnes
    .....Crofts...Dijksteel
    Marshall..Clarke...Ceballos
    ......Novak

I think Karl said on Wednesday that Ricky Holmes wouldn't be available today
  • Options

Trailist alert

Yeah, but isn't Cameron Stewart still a trialist? Why is he allowed his own name?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafcfan said:

Trailist alert

Yeah, but isn't Cameron Stewart still a trialist? Why is he allowed his own name?
    Because it's public knowledge that he's on trial with us. I would guess, but don't know, that we have some sort of agreement with him.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    cafcfan said:

Trailist alert

Probably because he was officially mentioned as being on trial and there have been photos of him etc. Would be a bit odd to call him trialist after that.
  • Options
    Does anyone know if, when we have a senior pro on trial, we agree some sort of deal with them where they can't sign for another club while they're on trial with us?
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Make it almost worth it that I got up at 2:30 am (that wasn't intentional, I get bad insomnia sometimes)
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Does anyone know if, when we have a senior pro on trial, we agree some sort of deal with them where they can't sign for another club while they're on trial with us?

unlikely.
  • Options
    Cameron Stewart has gone from just training with us to now starting games. I assume there is a genuine interest in signing him after all.
  • Options

SDAddick said:

unlikely.
    Football is so weird sometimes.

Re: Stewart starting: he does seem to be a part of our "first" side. There definitely seems to be genuine interest, and I think rightly so. He has the skill set to be very good at this level, and he'd provide some natural width with good delivery on the right hand side. The biggest thing with him in Ireland was that he looked rusty, and seemed to be trying too hard. I think keeping him around for another week or two is a good idea. If he can play himself into form he could be a real bargain.
  • Options
    Stewart started well
  • Options
    We should have interest in signing Stewart, he's a good player, it was bizarre that Robinson denied it in the first place.