Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

First ever Charltonized player?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Barry Endean is the best example for me but Terry Bullivant joined for a big fee by our standards 10 years or so later and did not very much.
  • Options
    Luke Varney
  • Options
    Ray Crawford
  • Options

Ray Crawford

Sorry Lincs I'm slightly puzzled.
    Are you saying he didn't play well for us.......because he was well thought of if my memory serves me?
  • Options

Ray Crawford

Are you saying he didn't play well for us.......because he was well thought of if my memory serves me?
    look at his scoring record before joining and after leaving us .. I was a BIG fan of his when he was at Ipswich, he was of course a lot older when coming to us, but generally I was disappointed with him 'well thought of' or otherwise
  • Options

Ray Crawford

look at his scoring record before joining and after leaving us .. I was a BIG fan of his when he was at Ipswich, he was of course a lot older when coming to us, but generally I was disappointed with him 'well thought of' or otherwise
    Mmmmmm.......true he didn't exactly shine for us but I can never remember anyone being dissatisfied with him, unlike some others mentioned.
  • Options

Ray Crawford

Mmmmmm.......true he didn't exactly shine for us but I can never remember anyone being dissatisfied with him, unlike some others mentioned.
    Crawford was great and at his peak with Ipswich. By the time he came to us he was in his thirties and did 'alright' without setting the world alight.

After he left he went to Colchester and had a final day in the sun as he scored when they beat Leeds in the FA Cup which was a real giant killing at the time.

I think that single memory might lead to the perception that he did significantly better after leaving us.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Ray Crawford

well now you know of one ((:>)
  • Options
    Redfearn for me as well.
  • Options
    Greg Halford was charltonised on loan
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Phil Walker. Brilliant against us playing for Millwall. Exciting signing, but never reached the same heights playing for us.
  • Options
    Has there ever been a Charltonised Manager?
  • Options

Neil Redfearn

Neil Redfearn had already been relegated with his 2 previous clubs