Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

First ever Charltonized player?

Comments

• edited July 2017
    Two players I thought, at the time, we got too far into the back end of their careers and turned out to be positive signings were Don McAllister and Terry Naylor.
  • Ray Crawford
  • Andy Jones probably for me. Good shout.
  • Already been mentioned but Barry Endean wins it for me .. Came with a reputation and scored one goal. La La La Barry Endean
  • Neil Redfearn

This!

Was a great signing at the time think he almost made double figures from CM for Barnsley, distinctly average for us.
  • edited July 2017
    Shouldn't it be Charltonised? This is England after all.

Sorry just saw I was beaten to the punch on this.
  • Alan Simonsen

:-)
  • Kerms was the opposite of charltonized.
  • Andy Jones was the immediate thought.
  • Sponsored links:

• I would say that Barry Endean was the first to have that honour.....in my 60 years of support that is.
    There have of course been many over the years but he was the first that I can say I clearly remember as being worthy of the title.
  • Jimmy Mullen. In 1967 we sold Len Glover to Leicester for £80k and signed Mullen from Reading for £7k to replace him. His career was all downhill from then on.
  • Bradley Allen was a bit of a disappointment too

Really . It was dIsappointing that he was always injured but overall I thought he was a really good player.
    what was more disappointing was that he chose to play wearing flip flops
  • Carl Harris?
  • dizzee said:

Kerms was the opposite of charltonized.

And Michael Morrison.
  • dizzee said:

Kerms was the opposite of charltonized.

And Michael Morrison.
    Powellised.
  • Wasn't the first but the fastest was Omar Pouso, lasted 45 mins & was never seen again!
  • Karim Bagheri
  • Ashers said:

Johnny Ostergaard - was excited that we had signed a Danish international. The problem was that he was an international at ice hockey.

And his fellow countryman Viggo Jacobsen was ten times worse!
  • Mikkel Alonso
  • Sponsored links:

• Dennis Rommedahl
  • Redfearn & Jeffers certainly didn't fulfil. Redfern wrote very good autobiography. Wiki says that his 790 appearances is the fifth highest ever in FL.
  • Redfearn got that stunning goal at selhurst against Wimbledon at Christmas time . Anyone else remember that game ? Youds played up front for a while as Soapy was knackered after an hour and I believe Hunt and Clive were injured
  • wmcf123 said:

Redfearn got that stunning goal at selhurst against Wimbledon at Christmas time . Anyone else remember that game ? Youds played up front for a while as Soapy was knackered after an hour and I believe Hunt and Clive were injured

I remember that one, was on Boxing Day.
  • Jimmy Mullen. In 1967 we sold Len Glover to Leicester for £80k and signed Mullen from Reading for £7k to replace him. His career was all downhill from then on.

Good shout.
  • Dennis Rommedahl form me...came with a great reputation and even thought he got THAT goal against palace.. he never lived up to the hype.
  • Tony Towner
  • Bradley Allen must be worth a shout on this one?

Came from QPR where he had scored goals in the Premier League, and then came to us and looked awful.

Now there is one player who would have never have passed the CL height test!!
  • Cory Gibbs, when he got his first taste of the Charlton physio's room
  • Hasslebaink and Franny Jeffers.