Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fashion Trends/Styles you just don't get!

Comments

• Options

What a strangely simplistic view of something. You have running trainers, gym trainers, AstroTurf trainers....and even.....leisure trainers.

You wouldn't wear a pair of AstroTurfs with jeans, but you'd wear a pair of Air Max or whatever, as they are built for comfort if you are doing something of leisure, like standing watching football for example.

I know it's seen as cool to not follow the masses, but if you think wearing trainers outside of exercise in strange then you're trying to hard.

I genuinely have no idea what you are talking about in most of that post Gaz.

Actually - EDIT - "Leisure trainers"? Surely an oxymoron?

I am being slightly tongue in cheek as well, by the way. :smile:
    Hopefully a nice leather tongue.
    While i share your view about men wearing nice shoes (i do) leisure trainers do have a place in every mans wardrobe. It is a fact that they are more comfortable for knocking about it.
    Most Nike, addidas trainers ar not made for the rigours of proper training.
    I have a pair of Marks & Spencer deck shoes for that very purpose BB. After all, the grey winkles pickers do not a good look make, when paired with shorts...
    Deck shoes.......when not on a boat?!?

You savage :wink:
    i left the conversation when he mentioned Marks& Spencer.
  • Options

What a strangely simplistic view of something. You have running trainers, gym trainers, AstroTurf trainers....and even.....leisure trainers.

You wouldn't wear a pair of AstroTurfs with jeans, but you'd wear a pair of Air Max or whatever, as they are built for comfort if you are doing something of leisure, like standing watching football for example.

I know it's seen as cool to not follow the masses, but if you think wearing trainers outside of exercise in strange then you're trying to hard.

While i share your view about men wearing nice shoes (i do) leisure trainers do have a place in every mans wardrobe. It is a fact that they are more comfortable for knocking about it.
    I have a pair of Marks & Spencer deck shoes for that very purpose BB. After all, the grey winkles pickers do not a good look make, when paired with shorts...

I knew that was coming. :lol:
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Church's? Barkers? Someone knows what they are talking about!

Missed the M&S deck shoes. Consider this comment taken back
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    McBobbin said:

McBobbin said:

Missed the M&S deck shoes. Consider this comment taken back
    Why pay anymore for throw away plimsolls? :wink:
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    McBobbin said:

Low rent. Loakes or John Lobb, surely?

Edited to add: Just had a quick look at the John Lobb web site. They seem to call "trainers" by the name "casual sneakers". I wonder what the difference is? Oh, BTW, they are available for a nifty £465 of your folding.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

McBobbin said:

Pah. Crockett and Jones, Cheaney or some bespoke Edward Greens if you really want to push the boat out
  • Options

I knew that was coming. :lol:
    Please reassure us there's no socks involved Algarve?

• Options
    cafcfan said:

McBobbin said:

Edited to add: Just had a quick look at the John Lobb web site. They seem to call "trainers" by the name "casual sneakers". I wonder what the difference is? Oh, BTW, they are available for a nifty £465 of your folding.
    Churches are not low rent. Barkers maybe. My Chelsea boots are Loakes (both pairs)... :wink:
  • Options
    When I walk around London I'm constantly reminded of this video. God I'm an old git.

https://youtu.be/VerPuTt3mi0

• Options
    The trainers thing has come up on here before and I remember finding it equally baffling back then too. At first I thought it was a generation thing but my 60 something dad wears them (for comfort and ease - nothing to do with fashion) so it can't be. At the risk of sounding closed-minded, what do the trainer-haters wear when they're out and about and want to feel comfy and casual? Wellington boots? Walking shoes? I'm sure it was on here that someone once said 'trainers must be banned when watching Charlton'. Again, maybe it sounds like I can't think of more than about 5 different types of shoes, but genuine question - what do these people wear on their feet on a daily basis?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Depends on the weather. If it's cold or wet, then Dr Martens, or something similar.
    If it's very hot then sandals or if it's in between, Palladium Boots or Converse.
  • Options
    Footwear changes over time as does fashion - I've been wearing trainers on and off since the 70s and am amazed that some on here still have an issue with them.

You'd have to be over 90 to have a real issue with them.
  • Options
    Converse! My old mum use to make me wear "bumpers" because they were cheaper than Green Flash. Now they charge £50 extra because of the star on the side!!
  • Options

Depends on the weather. If it's cold or wet, then Dr Martens, or something similar.
    If it's very hot then sandals or if it's in between, Palladium Boots or Converse.

Reading your choice of footwear actually makes me happy you dislike trainers.
  • Options
    Adults riding kiddies scooters!
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

Converse! My old mum use to make me wear "bumpers" because they were cheaper than Green Flash. Now they charge £50 extra because of the star on the side!!

Or because they are now owned by Nike, who like to over-charge.
  • Options
    Surely it is just that originally trainers were sports trainers for actually doing sport in, but fashion evolves and now 90% of trainers are leisure wear rather than specifically made for enhancing sport.

Look at Uggs.
    They were designed for sheep shearers or surfers to wear coming out of the water , not for going down the high street with jeans tucked into them.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Surely it is just that originally trainers were sports trainers for actually doing sport in, but fashion evolves and now 90% of trainers are leisure wear rather than specifically made for enhancing sport.

Look at Uggs.
    They were designed for sheep shearers or surfers to wear coming out of the water , not for going down the high street with jeans tucked into them.

Should be made a criminal offence to wear Uggs.
  • Options

What about adults riding adult scooters?
  • Options
    1) jeans with holes in (unless the ventilation helps more than I imagine)
    2) Superdry
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Riscardo said:

What about adults riding adult scooters?
    No problem with that but you know the scooters that I'm talking about, a real craze about 5 years ago.
  • Options

cafcfan said:

McBobbin said:

Churches are not low rent. Barkers maybe. My Chelsea boots are Loakes (both pairs)... :wink:
    Loakes are poor man's Churches, which are now owned by Prada.
    The best brogues are Trickers, a Derbyshire based company that has been making shoes for nearly 200 years.
  • Options
    Wearing your jeans so low down you have difficulty walking. I know the original idea was to show off the brand name on the waistband of the designer underpants, but so what, you bought some expensive pants? Anyone who's impressed by that must have even less brain cells than you do.
  • Options

wearing black framed glasses with no actual lenses in them

Wearing any type of glasses with either plain lenses or no lenses at all. It's like using a crutch or a wheelchair as a fashion accessory.
  • Options

Wearing your jeans so low down you have difficulty walking. I know the original idea was to show off the brand name on the waistband of the designer underpants, but so what, you bought some expensive pants

I thought the original idea was for prisoners of a certain persuasion in us jails to advertise they were available
  • Options
    Redskin said:

cafcfan said:

McBobbin said:

The best brogues are Trickers, a Derbyshire based company that has been making shoes for nearly 200 years.
    Thanks for the tip - I shall take a look. :+1:
  • Options
    Modern music. None of it will stand the test of time. It is just churned out to make quick profit.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Modern music. None of it will stand the test of time. It is just churned out to make quick profit.

Says every generation
  • Options
    edited July 2017
  • Options
    Redskin said:

cafcfan said:

McBobbin said:

Got a couple of pairs of Jeffrey Wests myself. Proper rock and roll, and made in Northampton. Herring Shoes are worth looking for. They sell all the top UK brands, often at a discount