Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fashion Trends/Styles you just don't get!

Comments

• cafcfan said:

First of all, can we please stop calling flipflops "sliders" secondly people that get their side parting shaved in, WTF?

Flip flops and sliders are different - the straps are a different shape.
    Ipanema's are the Rolls Royce of flip flops.
    I thought that was Havaianas?
    They are the most popular by far, but I much prefer the Ipanema.
  • Stig said:

First of all, can we please stop calling flipflops "sliders" secondly people that get their side parting shaved in, WTF?

'the Rolls Royce of flip flops'. Ffs whatever next - The Rolls Royce of paper clips? The Rolls Royce of Custard creams? The Rolls Royce of tap water? Whatever the make, they are still shitty little bits of plastic to keep sand and stones off your feet. Rolls Royce my arse. Ever get the feeling you've been had?
    No, but my plates are very comfortable in them!
    I used to be very comfortable in my Skoda, but it wasn't a Rolls Royce, was it? Then again, it was a Skoda Favourite, so I suppose that's the Rolls Royce of Skodas.

• Stig said:

'the Rolls Royce of flip flops'. Ffs whatever next - The Rolls Royce of paper clips? The Rolls Royce of Custard creams? The Rolls Royce of tap water? Whatever the make, they are still shitty little bits of plastic to keep sand and stones off your feet. Rolls Royce my arse. Ever get the feeling you've been had?
    A shame that a mod's post cannot be flagged.

• Stig said:

Stig said:

A shame that a mod's post cannot be flagged.

Flag.
  • Ankle grazer trousers

Long line tshirts

'Boyfriend' jeans on girls that come in womens sizes

High neck bikinis

Flatform shoes

Creepers

Drop crotch tacksuit bottoms

Nike huaraches

Wearing running trainers with jeans
  • Any sportswear worn by anyone who has never done any sport in their whole f*cking life.
  • As someone with weedy, thin arms, I've never been happy with the idea of t-shirts, polo shirts, etc with minimalist sleeves. They are called half-sleeves for a reason, I don't want them ending up round my armpits.
  • Trainers? People find TRAINERS a strange fashion trend?!!!!!!!

This forum gets weirder by the day.

I suppose some people would find boxing gloves acceptable if 50% of the population wore them all time?
  • Lazy bra choices by women.

Wearing a strapless top? Then wear a strapless bra

Wearing a halter next top? Then wear a halter neck bra.

Got a big cut out on the back of your top? Then wear a backless bra.

Don't just wear your normal bra and make do.
  • Sponsored links:

• MrOneLung said:

Lazy bra choices by women.

A Bra connoisseur;)
  • MrOneLung said:

Or better still don't wear one.

I suppose some people would find boxing gloves acceptable if 50% of the population wore them all time?
    I only wear boxing gloves in bed.

What are you talking about?

Training shoes - the clue is in the name Gaz. Were they called Pubbing shoes, cinema shoes, wandering-around-Asda or going-to-the-football shoes, fine. They are designed for training, hence the name "Training shoes" or "Trainers" for short. If I wandered along the beach in a pair of Churches Brogues, or ran the 200m in a pair of Barkers Chelsea boots, you would rightly think of me as some kind of buffoon. See the picture of the slightly ridiculous oriental lady wearing inappropriate footwear as an example.

Just because a sizable chunk of people think it's acceptable, doesn't stop it being strange... :wink:
  • MrOneLung said:

• edited July 2017

What a strangely simplistic view of something. You have running trainers, gym trainers, AstroTurf trainers....and even.....leisure trainers.

You wouldn't wear a pair of AstroTurfs with jeans, but you'd wear a pair of Air Max or whatever, as they are built for comfort if you are doing something of leisure, like standing watching football for example.

I know it's seen as cool to not follow the masses, but if you think wearing trainers outside of exercise in strange then you're trying to hard.

I genuinely have no idea what you are talking about in most of that post Gaz.

Actually - EDIT - "Leisure trainers"? Surely an oxymoron?

I am being slightly tongue in cheek as well, by the way. :smile:

I only wear boxing gloves in bed.
    I only wear them when I'm eating a packet of crisps.
  • MrOneLung said:

Elfsborg play in yellow baldy!
  • Sponsored links:

• What a strangely simplistic view of something. You have running trainers, gym trainers, AstroTurf trainers....and even.....leisure trainers.

You wouldn't wear a pair of AstroTurfs with jeans, but you'd wear a pair of Air Max or whatever, as they are built for comfort if you are doing something of leisure, like standing watching football for example.

I know it's seen as cool to not follow the masses, but if you think wearing trainers outside of exercise in strange then you're trying to hard.

Hopefully a nice leather tongue.
    While i share your view about men wearing nice shoes (i do) leisure trainers do have a place in every mans wardrobe. It is a fact that they are more comfortable for knocking about it.
    Most Nike, addidas trainers ar not made for the rigours of proper training.
  • Church's? Barkers? Someone knows what they are talking about!
  • edited July 2017

What a strangely simplistic view of something. You have running trainers, gym trainers, AstroTurf trainers....and even.....leisure trainers.

While i share your view about men wearing nice shoes (i do) leisure trainers do have a place in every mans wardrobe. It is a fact that they are more comfortable for knocking about it.
    I have a pair of Marks & Spencer deck shoes for that very purpose BB. After all, the grey winkles pickers do not a good look make, when paired with shorts...
  • I suppose the point I am making is, why not call them something other than trainers? It's like that dirge music they call R n B, there's already R n B out there, and it's far superior. Why not just come up with another name if it isn't the same as the original thing?
  • I suppose the point I am making is, why not call them something other than trainers? It's like that dirge music they call R n B, there's already R n B out there, and it's far superior. Why not just come up with another name if it isn't the same as the original thing?

So the problem is with the name, not the 'style' or 'fashion'?

Like I said Gaz, I was being a bit tongue in cheek anyway, but no, they don't float my boat as a "style" when worn with jeans or trousers. I get it with shorts. It doesn't offend me, just not for me. And yes, if they are absolutely not suitable for training in, purely for going down the pub etc, then yes, why not find a new term for them?

After all when they first became leisure wear they were actual trainers, they didn't hit the ground running (pun intended) as something to go shopping in. I used to wear them all the time outside school between the age of about nine and thirteen (Mitre, Bukta or Dunlop, none of this fancy French or German shit in those days... Well okay, maybe Puma too.) - long before they were leisure wear - because I spent 99% of the time playing football or cricket, or messing about in the woods. You had them, your School shoes, and your best shoes (which normally became your school shoes after the wedding your Mum bought them for). By the time trainers became fashionable I was past that.

Like I said Gaz, I was being a bit tongue in cheek anyway, but no, they don't float my boat as a "style" when worn with jeans or trousers. I get it with shorts. It doesn't offend me, just not for me. And yes, if they are absolutely not suitable for training in, purely for going down the pub etc, then yes, why not find a new term for them?

After all when they first became leisure wear they were actual trainers, they didn't hit the ground running (pun intended) as something to go shopping in. I used to wear them all the time outside school between the age of about nine and thirteen (Mitre, Bukta or Dunlop, none of this fancy French or German shit in those days... Well okay, maybe Puma too.) - long before they were leisure wear - because I spent 99% of the time playing football or cricket, or messing about in the woods. You had them, your School shoes, and your best shoes (which normally became your school shoes after the wedding your Mum bought them for). By the time trainers became fashionable I was past that.
    you'd get nicked for that now :wink:
  • edited July 2017

Trainers? People find TRAINERS a strange fashion trend?!!!!!!!

Training shoes - the clue is in the name Gaz. Were they called Pubbing shoes, cinema shoes, wandering-around-Asda or going-to-the-football shoes, fine. They are designed for training, hence the name "Training shoes" or "Trainers" for short. If I wandered along the beach in a pair of Churches Brogues, or ran the 200m in a pair of Barkers Chelsea boots, you would rightly think of me as some kind of buffoon. See the picture of the slightly ridiculous oriental lady wearing inappropriate footwear as an example.

Just because a sizable chunk of people think it's acceptable, doesn't stop it being strange... :wink:
    I'm inclined to agree with Algarve on this.

Firstly I've already said I don't get them in the first place, other than for sports but secondly I don't think I've ever seen a pair, that I thought, I must have them because they actually look nice, rather than necessarily fashionable.

For the most part those that I have seen, are over the top and quite ugly in my view but of course each to his own.

Interestingly, if I take Algarves point about winkle pickers and shorts not being a good look. It has become perfectly acceptable to wear Dr Martens and shorts, which I've been known to wear myself.

you'd get nicked for that now :wink:
    I was 12 - the bloke I was messing about with was the one who got nicked...

(Too much, maybe?)
  • What a strangely simplistic view of something. You have running trainers, gym trainers, AstroTurf trainers....and even.....leisure trainers.

I have a pair of Marks & Spencer deck shoes for that very purpose BB. After all, the grey winkles pickers do not a good look make, when paired with shorts...
    Deck shoes.......when not on a boat?!?

You savage :wink: