Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fashion Trends/Styles you just don't get!

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2017

I think that's one of those boots they give you when you broken your foot. Had the same, very little you can do to style it out. Though I never tried leggings.

I'm not surprised she broke her leg, what with having to carry all that junk in her trunk. She's done well to get out of the mobility scooter though.
  • Options
    Try working in Shoreditch.

That said, i also hate how every bloke in Bexleyheath etc all dresses the same.

No, you're not a "chap", nor do you look "dapper".

• Options
    I've also noticed young blokes walking around with one hand down their tracksuit bottoms.

I guess it's good to know it's not just @DaveMehmet that does this..
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Man Buns as well.

* although this could be because im jealous I have no hair.
  • Options

I think that's one of those boots they give you when you broken your foot. Had the same, very little you can do to style it out. Though I never tried leggings.

You should have got a matching boot.
  • Options
    Youngsters who wear t-shirts of bands that they've never even heard of. For example, my 17 year old sister has a Pantera t shirt that she bought from Top Shop. Has she even heard of them let alone listened to one of their songs? Not a chance.

I know it's not a new thing as loads of kids in early to mid 2000s wore Nirvana tshirts without knowing anything about them.

On a sidenote, that's 3 different ways I've spelt t-shirt :joy:
  • Options
    First of all, can we please stop calling flipflops "sliders" secondly people that get their side parting shaved in, WTF?
  • Options
    edited July 2017

First of all, can we please stop calling flipflops "sliders" secondly people that get their side parting shaved in, WTF?

Men in cross cross pattern skirts ;)
  • Options

Just because you haven't got the legs to pull it off :wink:
  • Options

Just because you haven't got the legs to pull it off :wink:
    Plus I'd be more than embarrassed whenever the wind whipped it up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Greenie said:

For me its not necessarily the fashion, but the sheep that blindly change and follow fashion. Someone somewhere starts a 'fashion' and then, as silly as that fashion looks, many many people say to themselves 'that looks great, i'll wear that'. I swear that if some 'cool' person wore a dog turd on their head, and walked down the Kings Road, it would be copied by someone within a week.
    Be yourself.

Couldn't agree more Greenie.

That's why i don't bat an eyelid, at the looks I get when I walk out, in me shell suit with the trousers below me arse,wearing a football shirt, white socks and slidders, man bag over me shoulder and an afro comb in me hair and dagging at the same time.

And I got the whole outfit at this fabulous little shop I came across called "Pauls Boutique" you really should get down there.

• Options
    At least there was no cardigan @sillav nitram
  • Options
    football shirts i wear a charlton away one from a couple of seasons ago around the house or for going out to get something from the shop etc, england one i only own the 1990 one with gascoine on the back, acceptable to wear to the pub for major comps i think.
  • Options

Flip flops and sliders are different - the straps are a different shape.
  • Options
    bellz2002 said:

Youngsters who wear t-shirts of bands that they've never even heard of. For example, my 17 year old sister has a Pantera t shirt that she bought from Top Shop. Has she even heard of them let alone listened to one of their songs? Not a chance.

I know it's not a new thing as loads of kids in early to mid 2000s wore Nirvana tshirts without knowing anything about them.

Vulgar Display of Power!
  • Options

Ipanema's are the Rolls Royce of flip flops.
  • Options

Is a rather wide center parting acceptable? ;)
  • Options
    bellz2002 said:

I often wonder how many people walking around with the Ramones t-shirt on could actually name 1 of their songs.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

That must be the fifth or sixth mention of cardigans on this thread - and still no bite from one particularly respected forumite.

Maybe we're being too subtle.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Dazzler21 said:

That must be the fifth or sixth mention of cardigans on this thread - and still no bite from one particularly respected forumite.

Maybe we're being too subtle.
    He's to busy working the Trust. ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Big bushy Edwardian/Abe Lincoln beards - without exception look ridiculous, especially on anyone under 60.
    Arm "sleeve" tattoos. Large scale inking as a whole.
    Thick obviously painted on eye brows. If you've got luxuriant or bushy brows, so be it but pencilled in they're fooling nobody.
    Starting almost every contribution with "So,"
    Asking in shops & restaurants "Can I get...?" no you don't get the thing, that's why the staff are serving you, they get it so you may have/buy it.
    "Just saying" as an excuse for causing offence - have the brass neck to cause offence don't hide behind a phoney excuse. If you think it's offensive and you're concerned for the target's feelings: that's usually the clue not to say it.
    Choosing clothing so many sizes too small you look like a stack of water filled balloons. No criticsim for carrying a little timber and having a rounded softer outline, that's all good - just clothe your frame in items whose seams are not permanently under critical strain. Bibendum has his own look - it's awful on anyone else.
  • Options

Big bushy Edwardian/Abe Lincoln beards - without exception look ridiculous, especially on anyone under 60.
    Thick obviously painted on eye brows. If you've got luxuriant or bushy brows, so be it but pencilled in they're fooling nobody.
    Asking in shops & restaurants "Can I get...?" no you don't get the thing, that's why the staff are serving you, they get it so you may have/buy it.

I agree - I tend to shout at the radio or TV when some expert of other begins every sentence or responds to every question with 'So ......'.

It's an academic thing - language used when writing papers on various subjects of research.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Actually I was Dazzler21, forgot to list.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

"Just saying" as an excuse for causing offence - have the brass neck to cause offence don't hide behind a phoney excuse. If you think it's offensive and you're concerned for the target's feelings: that's usually the clue not to say it.
    Choosing clothing so many sizes too small you look like a stack of water filled balloons. No criticsim for carrying a little timber and having a rounded softer outline, that's all good - just clothe your frame in items whose seams are not permanently under critical strain. Bibendum has his own look - it's awful on anyone else.

So,if yer referring to me,stig, put yer dukes up. Or SO help me;)
  • Options
    Stig said:

'the Rolls Royce of flip flops'. Ffs whatever next - The Rolls Royce of paper clips? The Rolls Royce of Custard creams? The Rolls Royce of tap water? Whatever the make, they are still shitty little bits of plastic to keep sand and stones off your feet. Rolls Royce my arse. Ever get the feeling you've been had?
    No, but my plates are very comfortable in them!
  • Options
    Stig said:

'the Rolls Royce of flip flops'. Ffs whatever next - The Rolls Royce of paper clips? The Rolls Royce of Custard creams? The Rolls Royce of tap water? Whatever the make, they are still shitty little bits of plastic to keep sand and stones off your feet. Rolls Royce my arse. Ever get the feeling you've been had?
    A shame that a mod's post cannot be flagged.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Fucking racist dickhead Fred Perry polo shirts.

(See http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/78486/is-fred-perry-racist#latest)
  • Options

I thought that was Havaianas?
  • Options

And, over here a slider is two wafers sandwiching a portion of ice cream (from the long block, either vanilla or raspberry ripple).

So, they taste different too...