Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

University College Dublin v Charlton Athletic - PSF - 12 July 2017

Comments

• Options
    Never thought I would say this.....sarr did ok! He did well to keep Phillips goal kick in, in the build up to our goal.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    C'mon chaps, under-performing in the transfer market and a preseason of disappointment. Meat and drink to us Addicks!
  • Options
    It seems that KRs system he uses isnt hard to play against..............what is it again?
  • Options
    Jeez. I saw the starting line-up and reckoned it looked half decent. When will we ever learn?
  • Options
    I feel obliged to hold fast on judgement until the first league game. However I can't believe I am writing this but at this stage last year in Austria we were better.
    There is a huge amount of improvement needed. The question remains whether Karl, Bowyer, Jacko, Duchatalet, and Meire can do it.
    At least last year we had Kevin Nugent around.
    The simple task is to win ag home and draw away
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:

I feel obliged to hold fast on judgement until the first league game. However I can't believe I am writing this but at this stage last year in Austria we were better.
    There is a huge amount of improvement needed. The question remains whether Karl, Bowyer, Jacko, Duchatalet, and Meire can do it.

Come on, third game in three days after an exhaustive week in training. The games I saw in Austria last year we looked far worse, though admittedly the oppo were better. We weren't good today, but the scoreline flattered them.
  • Options
    Sounds like the Bromley away friendly last preseason. Strong team on paper.
    Paper thin on grass.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    July 12th and it's already going wrong :smiley:
  • Options
    If Dublin did beer, this would probably be UCD's most famous result since "July 2015, when they saw off Luxembourgish champions F91 Dudelange in the Europa League" [wiki].
  • Options
    At this rate, Robinson will be out by Stevenage.
  • Options
    Welly said:

Just not good enough end of.

I agree
  • Options
    Better cancel Novak's move to Bury
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Get Clarke off, get Marshall off, get Solly off and try Watt, Holmes and Barnes.

See how that goes til 60 and shake it again after that.

Marshall and Clarke Charltonised already lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Absolutely awful yet again from Clark. Was about 5 on 3 and he kicks it in to no mans land.

I was shocked when we signed him! Wasn't pulling up any trees at Crawley bit better for Bradford but totally not a Charlton type player more a fleetwood type really! Hope he proves me wrong but I feel like we are a to bigger club for him!
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

seth plum said:

Come on, third game in three days after an exhaustive week in training. The games I saw in Austria last year we looked far worse, though admittedly the oppo were better. We weren't good today, but the scoreline flattered them.
    They are professional footballers! and it's not showing at all!
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Just got back from the game. We had absolutely nothing going forward the whole game. Everything would fall apart after about 2-3 passes.

Friendly or not. Getting thrashed by a student team like that should never happen if you're a professional player in the English leagues.

Totally agree 100%
  • Options
    @SDAddick having read your own report, I am struggling to understand your positivity!
  • Options
    If it's just a matter of getting them 'match fit' then why not just play games against the reserves internally. What's the point of arranging an actual set of games that fans will pay money to go over and see.

Surely if our players had any pride they would at least make sure they put in 50% effort and win the match (that's probably all it would have taken against a side like UCD). At least have some pride in trying to get a result, even if it doesn't mean much. Surely there is no benefit out of losing any game 4-1, especially against this opposition!
  • Options
    Are both sides halfway through their season?