Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Madrid/Barcelona football grounds

Comments

• @CharltonMadrid You think there's much chance of getting a ticket for Atletico's first game at Wanda Metropolitano without paying Ticketmaster/Viagogo a small fortune?
  • Barca mate all day long took my son a few years ago for the weekend, was the nuts.
  • edited July 2017
    Very good chance of getting tickets for first game at the Wanda Metropolitano as it's against Malaga - playing first three games away.
  • @CharltonMadrid you ever been to Betis games mate? I'm out in Seville the weekend they play Barcelona. Just wondered how tough will it be for me to get a ticket. I don't know if they sell out there ground against the big boys?
  • MLS said:

Madrid most definitely. For the football and the city.

Fixed for you.
  • Been to Betis and had no problem getting a ticket, but it was against Eibar so just got it on the day. They will bump up the price for Barcelona but reckon you could still get tickets. It's a great stadium with impressive atmosphere.
  • cafc4life said:

@CharltonMadrid you ever been to Betis games mate? I'm out in Seville the weekend they play Barcelona. Just wondered how tough will it be for me to get a ticket. I don't know if they sell out there ground against the big boys?

I went to Atletico's penutimate home game at the Vicente Calderon. It was very easy to get a ticket, I imagine you'll be okay.

I got mine on the morning of the game.
  • Done both. They're both great experiences. Was pickpocketed on the metro leaving the Nou Camp, though, so watch yourself (this applies anywhere with crowds in Barcelona, of course).

Also went to Espanyol v Barcelona three years ago - no away fans there, Barca thrashed them. Our seats were in a tourist area (unsurprising as we bought them from the tourist office0 - very Fulham!
  • edited July 2017
    Planning to visit Celta Vigo's ground this summer whilst on a holiday up there, to take my count of current La Liga stadiums up to 16. Suffice to say I have a very understanding/long suffering wife!
  • Sponsored links:

• Took my son to Barca vs Valencia last season. Highly recommended. He loved it and he's only 5. If you can sit around the goal to the left of the dug out, the atmosphere is ok as this is generally where their noisier supporters sit. They're non stop all game but only about 2000 of them. Was lucky enough to see Messi, Suarez and Neymar all play well and tv really doesn't do them justice.

Not been to Madrid yet and hoping to do it this year but doubt it will top the overall experience of Barcelona.

Only point to note is that we did an evening game and then had to wait about 2 hours to get on the metro. I'd been prepared to pay for a taxi too as we had an early flight the following day but good luck trying to get one of those.
  • Planning to visit Celta Vigo's ground this summer whilst on a holiday up there, to take my count of current La Liga stadiums up to 16. Suffice to say I have a very understanding/long suffering wife!

I've looked at doing this too , only problem is I'm not sure if Vigo is worth spending a weekend there or not?
  • edited July 2017
    cafc4life said:

Planning to visit Celta Vigo's ground this summer whilst on a holiday up there, to take my count of current La Liga stadiums up to 16. Suffice to say I have a very understanding/long suffering wife!

I've looked at doing this too , only problem is I'm not sure if Vigo is worth spending a weekend there or not?
    As a base for the Galicia coastline and the Rias Baixas it is well recommended. Haven't been to city yet and reckon it will be okay, but the main attraction is its location and proximity to the beautiful coastline and Galician islands.
  • Done both stadium tours.

If you want to get in the home dressing rooms you have to go more than 24 hours before the game.

So if either team plays on a Sunday your best bet is to do the tour on a Friday.
  • Barcelona v Betis it is then.
    Going to drive/train up from Alicante on Friday.
    Leaning towards catching a early morning train.
    Thanks all.
  • edited July 2017

Barcelona v Betis it is then.
    Going to drive/train up from Alicante on Friday.
    Leaning towards catching a early morning train.
    Thanks all.

I have been to the San Siro, the old Stadium of Light and the Maracana. I would say Benfica's was the best.

However, I would love to go to Barcelona over any other ground in Spain, although when I went to the Vicente Calderon in May that was a fantastic experience.
  • Cheers.
    Do they go down in price as the game gets nearer? or is it a take it or leave it price (official website)?
  • Cheers.
    Do they go down in price as the game gets nearer? or is it a take it or leave it price (official website)?

Go to the ground and buy.

Tickets available on the Atletico site were more expensive than when I went to the ticket office.

• @CharltonMadrid will be able to answer that better than me. Just looked on the Barca website and the cheapest appears to be 67 Euros, which seems a hell of a lot to me. I paid 45 for a Champions League group game a couple of years ago.

Think season ticket holders are allowed to release their tickets to be sold to the public, so maybe they could come down a bit.

Could be high prices because it's first game of the season - I saw tickets going for 20 on the official site for matches against low grade opposition.

Valencia and Levante both home that weekend and easyish to get to from where you are if you need an alternative. The Mestalla is a great stadium.
  • Sponsored links:

• Already got apartment sorted mate.
    the question now is "when to buy the tickets, and from where"?
  • MrLargo said:

@CharltonMadrid will be able to answer that better than me. Just looked on the Barca website and the cheapest appears to be 67 Euros, which seems a hell of a lot to me. I paid 45 for a Champions League group game a couple of years ago.

Think season ticket holders are allowed to release their tickets to be sold to the public, so maybe they could come down a bit.

Could be high prices because it's first game of the season - I saw tickets going for 20 on the official site for matches against low grade opposition.

Valencia and Levante both home that weekend and easyish to get to from where you are if you need an alternative. The Mestalla is a great stadium.

Done Valencia with us back in 2006.
  • Have never seen ticket prices actually go down on official sites but never watched a game at Barcelona so perhaps they might. I know socios have the resale scheme as sometimes they don't go to matches.

• Worth seeing if Europa are playing in Barcelona the weekend when you are there as well. One of the oldest clubs in Spain and a great little ground in the Gracia neighbourhood. They are in the fourth division and usually play around lunch on Sundays.
  • Another vote for Betis home games. Knackered stadium but big and their fans are nuts. There's a street party before every game. Everyone dressed in green. Great atmosphere that feels safe but loud and bouncy.
  • Been to Real's Bernabeu stadium twice. Once for a league game and once for a Champions League game. I was presenting training in Madrid in a hotel nearly next door. Amazing, gigantic, concrete stadium - originally built on the edge of Madrid but is now in the centre! Very noisy and amazing atmosphere. Champions League game was packed out and flares were going off - it was crazy. Watch out for pickpockets if its really busy. They did for me for 40 euros... operate in gangs.
  • Was in Vigo yesterday and visited the stadium. It's pretty impressive but quite old and there's an ongoing dispute with the local council about much needed redevelopment. Big problems with the roof when it gets windy, and it gets really blowy up there as it's looking out into the Atlantic ocean. Celta are even threatening to take the club outside the city and build a new stadium in one of the surrounding towns.
  • Just off out to catch the Chelsea game then off to Park view road
  • Enjoy mate. Barca were poor in the Super Cup, no Suarez tonight either. Should make for a competitive game rather than a rout this evening. Hope you get to see a few goals.
  • 3-1 would be handy :-)