Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Crumlin United v Charlton - PSF - 10 July 2017

12345679»

Comments

• Options

I really wouldn't read anything into last night, we were literally playing a Sunday league side. Yassin Moutaouakil looked like Kyle Walker in a couple of his pre season friendlies

Stevenage | Norwich | Ipswich will be the real interesting matches to judge where we are.
  • Options
    After all the who ha with the stream i watched it up until half time, but then last minute had to pop out and pick someone up from Gatwick (bad timing). Hopefully we can see the next couple again on Youtube that would be handy.

Re: Ajose, still think we dont play the right style for him. Would be interesting if we can have at least a half of 442 as you need to play more than 1 formation if you dont want to be found out and in a 442 he would be a completely different player imo
  • Options

I really wouldn't read anything into last night, we were literally playing a Sunday league side. Yassin Moutaouakil looked like Kyle Walker in a couple of his pre season friendlies

They were the fittest Sunday league side I've ever seen in that case. Charlton players put in a shift last night and you don't have to do that if the opposition isn't good enough. Admittedly there was a gulf in the two teams but don't fall into the lazy trap of dismissing the quality of the opposition. Those crumlin boys gave charlton exactly what we needed, and some, they can take their own performance, analyse it and push on from that. Charlton's passing was spot on, there was back up in spades, we were pushing forward constantly, creating chances and the goals were ones we will see them score against any team we play this season, even the goalkeepers fumble.
  • Options

Doesn't bode well for Ajose then...
  • Options
    Talal said:

Doesn't bode well for Ajose then...
    I watched a pre season friendly out in a Spain online a few years ago and the worst player on the pitch by far was Kermorgant.
  • Options
    Worrying that someone had removed the gaffer tape from our CEOs mouth for the fixture.

I trust the PR department have purchased a new roll and will be applying it in a firm (and humane) way shortly.
  • Options
    What was pleasing was looking at the pattern of play, the players had worked on the system for a while, last PS we was all over the place with Slade coming in late etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

What was pleasing was looking at the pattern of play, the players had worked on the system for a while, last PS we was all over the place with Slade coming in late etc.

Yes, if KR is to stick (fairly) rigidly to a system, then it should work a lot better now, now he's had the chance to really drill it in. It could be argued that by the end of last season, the players were starting to settle in to it.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Just back from the match. Selected reviews

Sarr - jury is out, thought he lingered on the ball a few times and invited pressure.
    Crofts - glad he's with us for another year, takes a lot of pressure of the defence in possession and out.
    Ceballos - we could make a winger out of him, but he's no CM
    Watt - scored two crap goals, reminds me a bit of Robbie Keane who made a career of scoring rubbish goals. Maybe he's a candidate for no.10 spot.
    Fosu - yes, a proper winger, looked dangerous every time he had the ball.
    Novak - He didn't know how to get into that game, don't know if he can put any pressure on Josh for the starting spot.
    Stewart - need another look, quiet game, didn't inspire

Barnes - looks good, fast enough to cover his mistakes, likes to get forward, would like to see him in League 1
    Pearce - thought he looked assured, the other players trust him.
    Kashi - a bit of class, calming influence.
    Aribo - didn't look like a youngster, very cultured performance
    Clarke - wouldn't like to start the season relying on him to be our no.10 looks alright, maybe needs to get used to the system, moves around lots, would be horrible to mark.
    Ajose - reminds me of Jeffers, Luke Vaney, McLeod and all those goalscorers who we signed and immediately lost the ability to score goals; didn't look like he knew where to be, Crumlin's no.10 was better.

Josh - did more in 15 minutes than Ajose or Novak did in 45 each...

Disagree on Ajose... He's never putting in the workrate that Varney did. Varney was also never really prolific. Looking at his entire time in football his stats are only: Played: 417 Scored:76 Assists: 42

Ajose has already surpassed his goalscoring stats in half as many games.

I also disagree r.e Watt. Both his goals were quite good I thought. The first came at him quicker than he expected but he still got up to it and nodded it into the ground (where players are often told to head the ball)

The second was a run whilst having his shirt pulled and he poked the ball under the keeper at the perfect moment.

At the end of the day it was a typical PSF. We will need to play harder games to gauge where we are.
  • Options
    a good confidence boosting workout for the Addicks .. hopefully next season Robinson's biggest worries will be who to leave out rather than who to select .. I would expect that a few of the players on view tonight will go out on loan very soon to get some experience and game time
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Just back from the match. Selected reviews

Sarr - jury is out, thought he lingered on the ball a few times and invited pressure.
    Crofts - glad he's with us for another year, takes a lot of pressure of the defence in possession and out.
    Ceballos - we could make a winger out of him, but he's no CM
    Watt - scored two crap goals, reminds me a bit of Robbie Keane who made a career of scoring rubbish goals. Maybe he's a candidate for no.10 spot.
    Fosu - yes, a proper winger, looked dangerous every time he had the ball.
    Novak - He didn't know how to get into that game, don't know if he can put any pressure on Josh for the starting spot.
    Stewart - need another look, quiet game, didn't inspire

Barnes - looks good, fast enough to cover his mistakes, likes to get forward, would like to see him in League 1
    Pearce - thought he looked assured, the other players trust him.
    Kashi - a bit of class, calming influence.
    Aribo - didn't look like a youngster, very cultured performance
    Clarke - wouldn't like to start the season relying on him to be our no.10 looks alright, maybe needs to get used to the system, moves around lots, would be horrible to mark.
    Ajose - reminds me of Jeffers, Luke Vaney, McLeod and all those goalscorers who we signed and immediately lost the ability to score goals; didn't look like he knew where to be, Crumlin's no.10 was better.

Josh - did more in 15 minutes than Ajose or Novak did in 45 each...

Disagree on Ajose... He's never putting in the workrate that Varney did. Varney was also never really prolific. Looking at his entire time in football his stats are only: Played: 417 Scored:76 Assists: 42

Ajose has already surpassed his goalscoring stats in half as many games.

I also disagree r.e Watt. Both his goals were quite good I thought. The first came at him quicker than he expected but he still got up to it and nodded it into the ground (where players are often told to head the ball)

The second was a run whilst having his shirt pulled and he poked the ball under the keeper at the perfect moment.

At the end of the day it was a typical PSF. We will need to play harder games to gauge where we are.
    When I say "crap goals" I don't necessarily mean that as a criticism of Watt, but of the attempts to stop him. He ought to score them goals - and he did, Fosu should have had one too but didn't.

I take your point on Barndoor Varney, but Ajose was pants last night.
  • Options

He ended up being more like Roy Walker.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Yassin was decent, he made a howler vs Scunny was it? Everyone said he was awful from there on out. Even Pardew turned on him, as allegedly Yassin was making sweet love to someone he shouldn't have been and Pardew felt that was treading on his toes... Allegedly.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Yassin was decent, he made a howler vs Scunny was it? Everyone said he was awful from there on out. Even Pardew turned on him, as allegedly Yassin was making sweet love to someone he shouldn't have been and Pardew felt that was treading on his toes... Allegedly.

you may be Wright on that!

That first game of the season v Scunny when he set up the goal for Bent i come away thinking we had some player on our hands.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Dazzler21 said:

you may be Wright on that! :lol:

That first game of the season v Scunny when he set up the goal for Bent i come away thinking we had some player on our hands.
    The February game against Scunny he made the howler that made everyone turn on him. Scunny made him look great, then Scunny made him look below par.

A tale of two games and a player in all respects... And a funny story to boot...
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

you may be Wright on that!

He then got injured in the second(?) game, away to Stoke on Sky. Danny Mills then came in and also looked good.
  • Options
    Kashi - Yay!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Stream not working for me. Anyone else having issues?

I can'
    SDAddick said:

To think, if the club signs on for iFollow, you could have this level of detailed analysis from me every week! What's that? It's already getting old?

Quick run down, player-by-player. Think the fact that they had a "Fifa '16" advertising hoarding speaks volumes.

Phillips: Didn't notice him
    Solly: Didn't really notice him, other than he tucked in when the ball was on the opposite side of the pitch
    Bauer: Didn't have much to do other than knock it about and play one big diagonal.
    Sarr: He can ping it around. It's easy when you have 15 yards in front of you though. Hope he continues to get a run out in pre-season. I believe he has the ability, but the question is if this is the right club/league/time for him
    JJ: Tidy. Tucked in and interchanged with Ceballos.
    Stewart: Looked to get at players. Has a bit of trickiness. End product lacking
    Crofts: Put himself about nicely and was solid in possession. Harder days ahead.
    Ceballos: Looked hungry and very decent on the ball. Looked to press, and when he got the ball, run at players. In my mind deserving of a few more pre-season games to see if he is worth keeping.
    Fosu: Good skill, tricky, quick. For whatever the tribunal fee is, I suspect we could have a real bargain.
    Watt: Nice that he got two goals, pressed well, took his goals well.
    Novak: Didn't see him do much.

2nd half
    AMB: Did not look good on the ball, but he's only 18/9 and suspect he'll start as 4th choice.
    Tex: He's got a lot of skill and technique. Ran out of steam about halfway through. He has the technical ability to play in central midfield, and if he stays I think it'd be worth having a look at him in that holding roll. Lovely chest down for Josh's goal.
    Konsa: He's only 18. Looks so assured on the ball. He, like Tex and Kashi, plays good, firm passes into feet. Destined for bigger things, but think he could learn a lot from 6-12 more months at this level.
    Pearce: Tidy. Not great in possession. Didn't have much to do.
    Barnes: Looked decent. Got up and back on that left flank well. As @ForeverAddickted pointed out, it's probably worth seeing how he does in some of these friendlies before spending money on a right back.
    KAG: Tricky, quick, dropped deep to pick up the ball and looked to run at players. Certainly looks more confident than he has since the start of 2015 season. End product was lacking but you just feel like if he gets a goal it might all click for him. Harriott-esque in many ways.
    Kashi: Two footed. Good passer. Takes up good positions. Gets into passing lanes. Seemingly didn't break down in injury. If he'd stayed fit over the last couple years, who knows what would have happened. But if he comes through a season with us injury free I'll think he'll be player of the year and could get a move to a top flight club in say France or Holland or Belgium.
    Aribo: It seems we've forgotten about him, but he's very tidy on the ball, tricky, has that lovely lazy skill. I like the idea of him playing in a deeper role with a bit of freedom and space to run in to. Could be a big year for him. Nice assist.
    Holmes: Gave it away with every touch until the 1-2 for the goal.
    Clarke: You can see what he looks to do--drop in to pockets of space, get turned, and run at the defense. Looked tidy if not altogether threatening.
    Ajose: I'm surprised to learn that he played all 45 minutes of the second half. The service to him wasn't as good as it was in the first half, but that's the problem with him, he goes missing outside the 18 yard box.
    Magennis: Nice goal
    RCC: Glad he got a run out. Obviously didn't do much but he looks a tidy and composed player whenever I see him. A year ago it was mooted that Arsenal and Liverpool (I think it was) were looking at him. He of course joined us from Arsenal. Hope he's given a look in in pre-season.

@Ollywozere: Really, really good work doing commentary.

@Henry Irving: Top man for starting this thread
    @AFKABartram: Off to a bad start, letting the side down.

Just spent 20 minutes of my life doing a player-by-player round up of a pre-season friendly. No regrets.

Many thanks for this. been well out of the loop for 24 hours, no idea what happened. Thanks a lot.
  • Options

Loyal supporters there

Smile for the camera squirrel face!
  • Options

Does anybody know if a programme was produced for the game?
  • Options

Loyal supporters there

Smile for the camera squirrel face!
    I don't think you meant it like this, but let's not get in the habit of telling women to smile, okay?
  • Options

Sort of. I've acquired one for @Henry Irving
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Sort of. I've acquired one for @Henry Irving
    Thanks @Swisdom