Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Crumlin United v Charlton - PSF - 10 July 2017

Comments

• Henry Out

Henry Out

Henry Out

Oh, what a give away. Come and see the violence inherent in the system, help help I'm being oppressed.
  • 1st and 5th goals the best

Limerick and UCD will be tougher tests

The opening post in tomorrow's thread should be composed as a limerick
  • Most importantly, I think we were able to avoid any injuries which is arguably the most important thing in any teams first match back.

Added bonus that are two most dangerous players scored, Josh and Holmes.
  • I'm looking forward to seeing how a few of the youngsters progress this season, particularly KAG, always seems up for it and clearly isn't lacking in talent.
  • Kashi looks such an intelligent player. His movement, instructions and distribution are exactly what we lacked last season in centre midfield.

Two footed, as you say his positioning is very good, and he does that great job of breaking up play. I thought it all through the second half, exactly the type of player we missed last season.
    J BLOCK said:

Ceballos is going to surprise people this season, mark my words. There's a player in there and definitely one that can unlock a bang average league one division

It's worth noting that, according to GTKTN, he was a Phil Chapple signing. He's got the tools. He looked very hungry to get on the ball. It was a bit odd that he seemed to start in central midfield, but he and JJ interchanged, something that allowed him to get forward and score that belter.

Agree though, if he's given a chance, he could be a very good player. Easily one of the most technically gifted players in the squad.
  • I thought Tex did a good job at RB
  • Holmes was a doubt but passed for earlier. Slight strain in the thigh area again. Ajose the same.
  • Enjoyed that. I know it's early days...

Loved listening to Mark Kinsella. Well done Olly.
  • Enjoyable presentation and for the 1st friendly quite positive
  • Sponsored links:

• Just back from the match. Selected reviews

Sarr - jury is out, thought he lingered on the ball a few times and invited pressure.
    Crofts - glad he's with us for another year, takes a lot of pressure of the defence in possession and out.
    Ceballos - we could make a winger out of him, but he's no CM
    Watt - scored two crap goals, reminds me a bit of Robbie Keane who made a career of scoring rubbish goals. Maybe he's a candidate for no.10 spot.
    Fosu - yes, a proper winger, looked dangerous every time he had the ball.
    Novak - He didn't know how to get into that game, don't know if he can put any pressure on Josh for the starting spot.
    Stewart - need another look, quiet game, didn't inspire

Barnes - looks good, fast enough to cover his mistakes, likes to get forward, would like to see him in League 1
    Pearce - thought he looked assured, the other players trust him.
    Kashi - a bit of class, calming influence.
    Aribo - didn't look like a youngster, very cultured performance
    Clarke - wouldn't like to start the season relying on him to be our no.10 looks alright, maybe needs to get used to the system, moves around lots, would be horrible to mark.
    Ajose - reminds me of Jeffers, Luke Vaney, McLeod and all those goalscorers who we signed and immediately lost the ability to score goals; didn't look like he knew where to be, Crumlin's no.10 was better.

Josh - did more in 15 minutes than Ajose or Novak did in 45 each...

Can't disagree with any of that tbf - though Watts goals weren't crap
  • Swisdom said:

Just back from the match. Selected reviews

Sarr - jury is out, thought he lingered on the ball a few times and invited pressure.
    Crofts - glad he's with us for another year, takes a lot of pressure of the defence in possession and out.
    Ceballos - we could make a winger out of him, but he's no CM
    Watt - scored two crap goals, reminds me a bit of Robbie Keane who made a career of scoring rubbish goals. Maybe he's a candidate for no.10 spot.
    Fosu - yes, a proper winger, looked dangerous every time he had the ball.
    Novak - He didn't know how to get into that game, don't know if he can put any pressure on Josh for the starting spot.
    Stewart - need another look, quiet game, didn't inspire

Barnes - looks good, fast enough to cover his mistakes, likes to get forward, would like to see him in League 1
    Pearce - thought he looked assured, the other players trust him.
    Kashi - a bit of class, calming influence.
    Aribo - didn't look like a youngster, very cultured performance
    Clarke - wouldn't like to start the season relying on him to be our no.10 looks alright, maybe needs to get used to the system, moves around lots, would be horrible to mark.
    Ajose - reminds me of Jeffers, Luke Vaney, McLeod and all those goalscorers who we signed and immediately lost the ability to score goals; didn't look like he knew where to be, Crumlin's no.10 was better.

Josh - did more in 15 minutes than Ajose or Novak did in 45 each...

Can't disagree with any of that tbf - though Watts goals weren't crap
    Couldn't tell if he took his header really well or or completely miscued. Second was well taken though. Got stuck under his feet and did well to dig it out. He's a lad who needs goals, and he got them. They don't have to be pretty, in fact he's the type who can score the nice ones but could do with scoring a few more ugly ones. Hopefully they'll give him a little boost.
  • Enjoyable game that one. Didn't really think anyone looked bad. KAG and Aribo my pick of the bunch. Dangerous bits of skill from them both. Dangerous players if they get their chance. Tomorrow should be quite a good game. Limerick aren't a bad side
  • WSA said:

Enjoyed that. .

So did I. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed watching a pre-season friendly. Usually the players aren't really that interested, passes go all over the place, There's no understanding between players and more often than not shots tend to have the power of a Simon church thunderbolt. Yet last night charlton looked like a team that were fit, knew each other, wanted the ball and had been kicking one about all summer.
  • Thank you all for the kind messages on here or elsewhere about the live stream. Sadly we had some problems at the start with the VP site crashing. I was gutted about this as setting up a live stream from abroad where your cameras are hundreds of miles away from your gallery is something which takes weeks or work, not hours, and from a technical side our end everything worked well and we successfully beamed two cameras back to London to be mixed and edited for the broadcast.

We will of course, be looking into as a matter or urgency why the VP site crashed and find solutions for the remaining two games. Hopefully those who caught the game on YouTube instead enjoyed it and look forward to seeing you watching the remaining two Ireland games.

Will the next two games be on YouTube as well or will that only happen if the issues surrounding ValleyPass dont get resolved?
  • Thank you all for the kind messages on here or elsewhere about the live stream. Sadly we had some problems at the start with the VP site crashing. I was gutted about this as setting up a live stream from abroad where your cameras are hundreds of miles away from your gallery is something which takes weeks or work, not hours, and from a technical side our end everything worked well and we successfully beamed two cameras back to London to be mixed and edited for the broadcast.

We will of course, be looking into as a matter or urgency why the VP site crashed and find solutions for the remaining two games. Hopefully those who caught the game on YouTube instead enjoyed it and look forward to seeing you watching the remaining two Ireland games.

Will the next two games be on YouTube as well or will that only happen if the issues surrounding ValleyPass dont get resolved?
    I qualify for the free VP but if I was the club I'd put the matches out free to access again. That was a quality product last night right down to the camera work and angle changes and the commentary - BT and SKY should get their chequebooks out for those boys, they got it just right - anyway, a couple more performances like that and season ticket sales will start to take off
  • watched on youtube good performance against a very poor side. be interesting to see how we get on in our next 2, good to see watt score
  • Sponsored links:

• watt scores and people were still whinging and bitching on twitter, personally id rather abuse roland or katrien not our own players - but each to there own.

I qualify for the free VP but if I was the club I'd put the matches out free to access again. That was a quality product last night right down to the camera work and angle changes and the commentary - BT and SKY should get their chequebooks out for those boys, they got it just right - anyway, a couple more performances like that and season ticket sales will start to take off
    As would I... Put these two games out there and say at the end, this is what you'll get for your money this season if you sign up to the VP

As would I... Put these two games out there and say at the end, this is what you'll get for your money this season if you sign up to the VP
    Only you won't be getting live league games on VP
  • reading the thread this morning, I didn't even realize Ajose was playing last night. I can't remember his name being mentioned once in the commentary.

Ok first pre-season game but it does not bode well for him if you are not showing up in a game like that.

• Disagree with some of the comments about Cellabos on here was at the game and I felt he is what we were.missing last season. A midfielder who comes towards the ball, demanding it off the back four or defensive midfielder, then tries to drive the team forward. Also got into goalscoring positions.
    KAG best player in second half, against a poor team.
  • reading the thread this morning, I didn't even realize Ajose was playing last night. I can't remember his name being mentioned once in the commentary.

Ok first pre-season game but it does not bode well for him if you are not showing up in a game like that.

Tout him out and cut our losses. We're not going to recoup what we paid but there must be clubs in our league who will pay £200k for him.

I expect the problem is that the club don't want to send him to a rival (as they'll get hammered if he goes to another league one team and fires them to promotion). Southend wanted him on loan last year but we shifted him to Swindon instead for this reason.

Tout him out and cut our losses. We're not going to recoup what we paid but there must be clubs in our league who will pay £200k for him.

I expect the problem is that the club don't want to send him to a rival (as they'll get hammered if he goes to another league one team and fires them to promotion). Southend wanted him on loan last year but we shifted him to Swindon instead for this reason.
    Doubt either would fancy paying the wages he's on now though. Think he'd want to go if there was a decent move but why take a pay cut when he can wait for a pay off. Ditto Novak, Sarr, Tex
  • Disagree with some of the comments about Cellabos on here was at the game and I felt he is what we were.missing last season. A midfielder who comes towards the ball, demanding it off the back four or defensive midfielder, then tries to drive the team forward. Also got into goalscoring positions.
    KAG best player in second half, against a poor team.

Pleased to read that about Cellabos, I thought in the very little I saw of him, he could become a good player.