Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Poll of the week: How many more first team signings do you think we will have made by 5th August?

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2017
  • Options
    2. Da Silva and a goalie. I think we'll be light elsewhere, but not as light as the past few seasons
  • Options
    Two assuming we don't offload anyone.
  • Options
    Need 4 will sign 2
  • Options
    Need 6, will sign 2
  • Options
    2 but, according to the joint Meire/Robbo pre-season conference, "it was disappointing that we couldn't quite get any of the other 2,684 targets over the line"
  • Options
    after watching last nights game I reckon somewhere between 11 and 15.
  • Options
    2 but only if at least 2 bodies are sold/loaned out/otherwise disposed of
    We're crying out for full backs and at least one goalkeeper but the weight of numbers clogging (sic) up the midfield precludes any further additions. If a.n.other f.c. meets roly's arbitrary valuation for any squad member a sale will be sanctioned, whether that leads to players coming in remains to be seen, roly's track record speaks for itself. The closer we get to 31 August, the chances KR will be able to fill the very real gaps in the squad get ever smaller.
    If KR decides he likes returnees like Sarr (ffs!) or Kashi, roly will count them as additions, KR will be lucky to be permitted to sign the likes of Cameron Stewart.
    Results through the first quarter of the season will reflect the inadequacy of the squad, the fat scouse gobshite will get his P45, "many many candidates" will be considered for the vacancy and the roly/charlton mentalmerrygoround turns again.
    Wibble.
  • Options
    We need another keeper, a left back, a creative midfielder and a goal scoring forward. That's four, but it has to be four players of the right standard and position. My prediction is two - a keeper will be one of them.
  • Options
    My immense distrust in Douchy made me hesitate between 1 and 2.

I'm dreaming of 8.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Martin, Hodson, DaSilva, Reeves, Mavidivi = 5
  • Options
    Karl wants three, Roland thinks we only need 18 players to fill the matchday squad, so I reckon we'll sell a few and not buy any.
  • Options

Karl wants three, Roland thinks we only need 18 players to fill the matchday squad, so I reckon we'll sell a few and not buy any.

I assure you, Karl wants more than 3 but it's a question whether he will get the amount he wants.
  • Options
    So as the poll comes to a close (another one tomorrow) the results are

2 new players - 37%

3 new players - 26%

4 new players - 10%

1 new player - 10%

None - 8%

6 new players - 4%

5 new players - 2%

At the time of polling, we'd signed 3, but this week we have 'sold' texeira to STVV

Season kicks off in 4 weeks, and there's rumours of Ceballos also leaving. Watch this space
  • Options
    3 weeks
  • Options
    I originally opted for 3 in the poll but with Tex going and freeing up some room in the wage bill I wouldn't be surprised if we saw 4 more 'signings' by the end of the transfer window. The 3 Irish friendlies showed a lot of promise for the coming season and where the strains in resources could come. I'd bring in at least 1, possibly 2 key 'first 11' signings and two squad signings. And It wouldnt surprise me if that started this week