Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2017/8 Football Season Ante Post Betting Predictions

Comments

• edited July 2017

This is me for the season.

Unfortunately, history is not on your side. Yeovil are the only team to win the league 1 plays off final and be relegated the following season.

Good luck though.
  • Blackburn
    Fulham
    Dartford
    3 x doubles
    1 x treble
  • We will not get promoted with Roland and squirrel running the joint full stop.
  • edited July 2017

We will not get promoted with Roland and squirrel running the joint full stop.

Bore off
    Lump on 16/1 to win the league
  • clb74 said:

Bore off
    You will go broke Chris.
    Don't do it
  • Charlton to finish above AFC Wimbledon at 4/7 is buying money IMO.
  • clb74 said:

Bore off
    You will go broke Chris.
    Don't do it
    I'm nearly out of new betting accounts to open Blackpool
  • Just backed Charlton for promotion 6/1 Betvictor.
  • Does anyone know what happens if you bet on a player to be top goalscorer and he then gets sold to another team in a different division. Say I did a bet on a championship striker he scores 12 goals and gets sold in january to a prem team will his goals in the prem still count as a championship goals? @bobmunro ?
  • Top Goalscorer
    Only goals scored within the quoted division are counted for this market irrespective of the team (within that division) for which they are scored. The team quoted alongside the player is for reference only. Only league goals count - excluding playoff matches. Own goals do not count. Dead-heat rules apply.
    Bet 365
  • Sponsored links:

• Cheers mate. A bastard of a bet then if your player gets sold on to team in a diff league.
  • Is it Bet365 that do the topgoal scorer bet in pl where they pay a free bet for each goal scored or something?
  • Done lucky15
    Chelsea
    Boro
    Portsmouth
    Notts county.
  • Is it Bet365 that do the topgoal scorer bet in pl where they pay a free bet for each goal scored or something?

Paddy Power have done it for the last few years, not looked if they are this year.

Usually bet £25 total (can be £12.50 each way) and you get a £2 free bet every league goal they score.
  • Chelsea
    Wolves
    Blackburn
    Luton
  • City and Boro looks a very solid PL/Champ double to me
  • Chelsea
    Boro
    Charlton
    Mansfield
    Celtic.

There's ya winner.

Paddy Power have done it for the last few years, not looked if they are this year.

Usually bet £25 total (can be £12.50 each way) and you get a £2 free bet every league goal they score.
    Thanks
  • Nicholas said:

Does anyone know what happens if you bet on a player to be top goalscorer and he then gets sold to another team in a different division. Say I did a bet on a championship striker he scores 12 goals and gets sold in january to a prem team will his goals in the prem still count as a championship goals? @bobmunro ?

You lose. I backed Matty Taylor who was 2nd when he got transferred from Rovers to City and also had Zak Clough.
    I'm not bothering this year, for that reason.
  • Only 14-1 for relegation? Last season I got 25's early on. Seems at odds with the notional squad inprovement and relative optimism. As usual the Bookies reflect the real market.
  • Sponsored links:

Anyone found that offer?
  • Chelsea
    Boro
    Charlton
    Mansfield
    Celtic.

There's ya winner.

The first four are nailed on, not quite sure about Celtic though.............
  • edited August 2017
    Took Bournemouth top half of the Championship for a large sum in 15/16 the year they were clear champions.

Went Wycombe top half of L2 table last season for a large sum, flew until they gave Tott a run for their money in the Cup and had an awful dozen games after. Still made it somewhat comfortably, almost squeezed into play-offs.

This year I'm looking at Exeter top half of L2, but only Victor now have a good price, 4/5. Fat chance me getting money on with stingey Vic.

Luton top 7 also some value at 8/11, but it'll be a big squeeze up there, prefer the safety of top 12 for Exeter.

Anyone found that offer?
    I see someone ask them on twitter. They said they "still haven't decided if the offer would run or not yet"

Sure they had it running a good month before the season started last year.
  • Paddy Power confirm on twitter they won't be running the £2 free bet top goalscorer offer this year
  • Paddy Power confirm on twitter they won't be running the £2 free bet top goalscorer offer this year

Cheers
  • Tony Pullis as next PL Manager to go @ 16/1 seems a bit of value.

WBA had a poor end to last season, they had the lowest number of goals in open play last season resulting in a high percentage of their fans not happy with his style of play and Pullis himself looked very frustrated, when interviewed, at the lack of signings - plus he's lost his captain, Fletcher, to Stoke.
  • Fleetwood Town are 25/1 for the League 1 title and +16points on the handicap betting (18/1 odds for each side).

Seems very generous for a well-financed club that finished 4th last year and has a good manager in Uwe Rosler. Think both of the above are worth an each-way bet.

Cheers
    I asked them on Wednesday regarding this, they're ditching this offer but in their words have 'a new, improved, more exciting offer'.. coming soon
  • Seen them post similar @Big_Bob
    Only a week away, no doubt many people would have placed their bets elsewhere already.
    Will be interesting what the offer is though, will have to go some to be better than the last few years.
    That £2 free bet was blinding.