Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ed Sheeran

Comments

• Got 2 tickets for the Saturday night, saw him at the O2 a couple of years back and he was superb to be fair. The wife loves him and his wembley gig next year is just after our anniversary (brownie points in the bag!)
  • edited July 2017

I got 2 vip tickets for my wife and sister in law. I hate the man so much he is so over rated.

'Hate'!! Wow. Such anger for one so young!!
  • I'm younger still and I loathe the bloke :)
  • Saw him live in a tiny venue when I was 16 before his career took off. Wouldn't pay to see him do one of these stadium gigs though.
  • surprised at some comments, off to see Joss Stone in October too. Wonder what response that will get?

Got no view on Joss Stone but at least she isn't shoved down your throat like Ed (who is clearly talented and even written a few good songs) when you listen to most (mainly commercial) radio stations (although Chris Evans fawns over him).
    I had no opinion on Stone until this moment of utter cringe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJWO5CLo4zI
  • Cliff Richard for the 21st Century.

• One of the top 10 CL threads...

Ed Sheeran, do me a favour, I tell you what if you are into acoustic music, go to The Icarus Club, held at the Pelton Arms and run by my mate and see real acoustic singers and songwriters of all ages. Some of the quality of musicianship is outstanding.

https://www.facebook.com/theicarusclub/
  • Dont understand all the hate for Ed personally, i have always bought his albums and am a bit of a fanboy. Haven't been to concert yet although would like to, i do agree his last album was a bit of a disappointment. Still listen to it on occasions but his worst album yet!

The thing is people are annoyed more because he is on the radio alot, people rave about him but he did start from busking and doing low level gigs. Done really well now and seems a laid back guy and hasn't gone to his head, each to their own i guess its all opinions but surprised at all the stick/hate he gets on here.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2017
    Not a massive fan, but equally don't dislike him. There is no question he's talented but he's not the second coming like some would have. Overrated? Yes slightly, but not as much as Adele!!

Saw him a couple of years ago at the Leeds Arena - 13,500 capacity, small stage and he was value for money (if I had had to pay!). He's not a stadium/large festival act.
  • surprised at some comments, off to see Joss Stone in October too. Wonder what response that will get?

Got no view on Joss Stone but at least she isn't shoved down your throat like Ed (who is clearly talented and even written a few good songs) when you listen to most (mainly commercial) radio stations (although Chris Evans fawns over him).

Galway Girl. How and why does that record get radio play?

Was that one of his ??? I agree, terrible song - and not a great singer either. Then again, Large never did have any taste in music. Whilst I was listening to Led Zep, The Doors, Pink Floyd & The Who, he was listening to Lynton Quiesi Johnson, Spyro Gyro & Earth Wind & Fire,
  • He cousins band is way better - Laid Blak.
  • Not a fan but what did it for me was spending a weekend working at warners putting in 18 hour days having to listen to Galway girl on repeat as I was working on a music video for it. Said music video then got canned and never used.
  • very good of him cancelling the viagogo tickets i think, granted some fans will miss out but it has to stop i had 4 of us in the office last week trying for 2 killers tickets ( mrs is a huge fan ), sold out almost instantly but straight away over 5000 available on viagogo, admitedly have sold on there once as they were euro tickets that England didn't have the bottle to beat iceland, and i didnt take the piss that much just enough to cover the eurostar i had booked and would no longer use.
  • He's got Palar5e fans in his family too.
    Galway Girl was slated over here, they truly find it cringeworthy.

He seems like a really genuine guy though, so good luck to him.
  • Not a fan myself but one positive seems to be that his success has encouraged quite a number of kids to pick up the guitar which can only be a good thing. We all know he's not Bert Jansch but anything that gets kids interested in real music can only be good.
  • I have respect for how he's got to where he is, and some of his songwriting is superb.
    The problem is that some of his worst stuff is some of his most overplayed. Like Galway Girl or Shape of You.

I also feel uncomfortable listening to some of his lyrics, where he names women he's broken up with and generally airs his dirty laundry in public.
  • Bangkok sold out pretty quickly and I failed to get tickets. They're insisting on ID to try to prevent reselling so had I got tickets I would have had to go with my twelve year old daughter and her friends. Perhaps it was a blessing in disguise.
  • Sponsored links:

Was that one of his ??? I agree, terrible song - and not a great singer either. Then again, Large never did have any taste in music. Whilst I was listening to Led Zep, The Doors, Pink Floyd & The Who, he was listening to Lynton Quiesi Johnson, Spyro Gyro & Earth Wind & Fire,
    and that from someone who likes the Sixties answer to One Direction.
  • Can't help but think if he was whacked on X Factor with a sob story, that British public wouldn't be so against him. The guy has worked his ass off from the absolute rock bottom to the top which is virtually unheard of in the music world these days, and to top it off...he's one of the nicest, most genuine folk around considering his success. I'll never understand the hatred he gets

Completely agree.
  • Seconded.
  • At the gig now. He's talented, can sing, doing some cool stuff with his loop pedal, playing his own music, and seems a thoroughly nice chap... but... fuck I'm bored.

The goulash was actually pretty tasty though.

?
  • Ed Sheeran has been named as the new shirt sponsor for Ipswich Town Football Club.

The singer, who lives in Suffolk and is a Tractor Boys fan, has signed a one-year deal to sponsor the shirts of the men's and women's first-teams.

The mysterious logo on the shirts features mathematical symbols and the word "tour".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-57009557

• Can't help but think if he was whacked on X Factor with a sob story, that British public wouldn't be so against him. The guy has worked his ass off from the absolute rock bottom to the top which is virtually unheard of in the music world these days, and to top it off...he's one of the nicest, most genuine folk around considering his success. I'll never understand the hatred he gets
    Have you seen the colour of his hair?
  • Greenie said:
    surprised at some comments, off to see Joss Stone in October too. Wonder what response that will get?
    Got no view on Joss Stone but at least she isn't shoved down your throat like Ed (who is clearly talented and even written a few good songs) when you listen to most (mainly commercial) radio stations (although Chris Evans fawns over him). Galway Girl. How and why does that record get radio play?
    ?
    The Beatles.