Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Looking forward to the 2017/18 Season

2»

Comments

• Options
    Compared to how optimistic I was this time last last year I'd say we are better off. The pre-season squad consisted of too many young players and a lot of our key players were bought in late and had not had chance to bond.

I think there is a lot to be said for having the main bulk of the team in place for the whole of pre-season.

If we get an experienced keeper another couple of fullbacks and maybe one more striker and replace anyone who goes then I really think anything less than the play-offs this season would be a major disappointment.
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:

Compared to how optimistic I was this time last last year I'd say we are better off. The pre-season squad consisted of too many young players and a lot of our key players were bought in late and had not had chance to bond.

I think there is a lot to be said for having the main bulk of the team in place for the whole of pre-season.

If we get an experienced keeper another couple of fullbacks and maybe one more striker and replace anyone who goes then I really think anything less than the play-offs this season would be a major disappointment.

Wow!
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    We had Lookman this time last year. That was an important factor in the first half of the season for comparison purposes. I expect Konsa to be sold, if not by August 31st then in January.

There are certainly positive aspects this year, but not much evidence it's 2011/12 again. We can but hope, because I hate Charlton being in this division and we should never accept it.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Cricket, Tour de France, Lions tour, Wimbledon and then eventually the Open. great summer of sport. who needs the headache and heartache of watching Charlton.

True all great sporting events to enjoy and I do, but to answer your question who need the heartache of supporting Charlton?
    Well I do for one