Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

4,730 season tickets sold club tells Fans' Forum

Comments

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:

If the team is top six they might be OK, but otherwise could see Rochdale being 5,000 actual turnout.

Christ, when was the last time we had a sub 6,000 home crowd for a league game?
    At Upton Park
  • Options
    From selling out every home game in the Prem to barely 6,000 at home to Rochdale ten years later. Sickening.
  • Options

_MrDick said:

The longer RD stays at Charlton, the greater the risk that we will lose a generation of supporters. I can't see us ever recovering from this situation ...

Can I just remind you...
    THIS IS CHARLTON...been there, done that...we lost a generation when we went to Sellout and Upton parks...we bounced back. That what we do. Don't panic Corporal Jones
    Yes, because people fought to end that situation. Not because they tolerated the status quo.
    There are those around who would rather ignore that and act as if the SMT have learnt their lessons.

Time will tell.
  • Options
    So without stating the obvious - why won't you attend?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We have every chance of getting promoted

Things are changing for the better.
    Two quotes which unfortunately I can never agree with whilst this current regime continue to ensure neither is or will be a reality.

Another pre season.......another couple of what appear to be decent signings.......followed by another disappointing season......repeat
    I really can't see what has changed apart from yet another manager believing and buying into the clueless rhetoric of RD/KM

There is nearly another two months to the transfer window closes.Why not see what the squad looks like .You can pay less for a season ticket at Charlton than at Bromley surely you can't complain about that!
  • Options

_MrDick said:

The longer RD stays at Charlton, the greater the risk that we will lose a generation of supporters. I can't see us ever recovering from this situation ...

Can I just remind you...
    THIS IS CHARLTON...been there, done that...we lost a generation when we went to Sellout and Upton parks...we bounced back. That what we do. Don't panic Corporal Jones
    Yes, because people fought to end that situation. Not because they tolerated the status quo.
    So how about trying to encourage fans to come back and support the club they Love?It seems clear to me that RD is not selling as I speak and IMO is more likely to if we are promoted.
    We have every chance of getting promoted and surely the team deserves the support of the fans.
    Airman you still go and support the team and it pains me that so many fans are refusing to go to the Valley.
    This club can still be great again but we need to move forward and live for the day rather than dragging up the past all the time.
    Live Love Laugh and Be Happy
    The Belgians need to fuck off.

The sooner they do the sooner you will realise what a pair of wankers they really are.
  • Options
    No change from you then -so what happens if and it's a Big If we play great attractive football which gets us promoted - are you still going to stay away?
  • Options

No change from you then -so what happens if and it's a Big If we play great attractive football which gets us promoted - are you still going to stay away?

Yes. I am not setting foot in The Valley till they depart.

I'm in Dublin though for the UCD game looking out for your darling squirrel.
  • Options
    Ps, you have not got a danny.
  • Options
    This "if we do well" the fans will come back.... we AREN'T going to do well, we can't do well, as a club we only ever "Did well" when we were unity as a club, as a fanbase, with these fuck stick in charge we have ZERO chance of promotion, zero.

So the only hope is he finally naffs it and then we will ALL return.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2017

We have every chance of getting promoted

Two quotes which unfortunately I can never agree with whilst this current regime continue to ensure neither is or will be a reality.

Another pre season.......another couple of what appear to be decent signings.......followed by another disappointing season......repeat
    I really can't see what has changed apart from yet another manager believing and buying into the clueless rhetoric of RD/KM
    There is nearly another two months to the transfer window closes.Why not see what the squad looks like .You can pay less for a season ticket at Charlton than at Bromley surely you can't complain about that!

What do you base 'every chance of promotion' on?
    The last time we went up from this league we had a spine if Hamer, Morrison, Taylor, Hollands, Stephens, Kermorgant and Wright Phillips.

Don't know what's happened with the quote thingy but my comment is only the last paragraph.
  • Options
    HarryLime said:

_MrDick said:

Can I just remind you...
    So how about trying to encourage fans to come back and support the club they Love?It seems clear to me that RD is not selling as I speak and IMO is more likely to if we are promoted.
    We have every chance of getting promoted and surely the team deserves the support of the fans.
    Airman you still go and support the team and it pains me that so many fans are refusing to go to the Valley.
    This club can still be great again but we need to move forward and live for the day rather than dragging up the past all the time.
    One can't help but drag up the past because nothing has changed. Every season we get to the end of the transfer window and we are left with an unbalanced squad lacking in numbers. I can't see this one being any different. A real sign of change for me would be the removal of Meire, I can't think of a CEO presiding over such a lengthy period of failure and still be in position. Her dismissal would at least show to me that we are once more a football club and not a vehicle for the enhancement of one person.
    This.
    The chances of Charlton getting promotion with Meire running the show is zero.
  • Options

T.C.E said:

_MrDick said:

Can I just remind you...
    Airman Brown has no influence over my non attendance, nor could he change my mind and get me to attend.
    Correct. It is insulting to those of us who are protesting to suggest we are being manipulated by one person. We need organisation, co-ordination and leadership, but we don't look to be influenced. This is a lie spouted by the owner and his useless CEO and the ones that are truly being manipulated are those stupid enough to fall for it!

We do have a chance of getting promoted. It is because we are in a rubbish league we shouldn't be in! That it is only a chance and not a great one at that refelcts on the owner and the way the club has and is being run.
    Spot on.
  • Options

The suggestion that Airman Brown influences what I do with my time at the weekend is ridiculous.

That is what you said Rick isn't it, I could not read your writing :smiley:

The rabbit dies unless you do what I say
    I think that was the letter :smile:
  • Options
    I can perfectly understand people boycotting, or people still attending, it's a personal choice.

To an extent, RD/KM have learnt lessons, at least on the field. Robinson, for all his bluster, is a decent manager at this level and knows the division, our transfer acquisitions are clearly more appropriate than they were under Driessen, and while it's silly to rely too much on short Twitter clips, the preseason fitness training does look to be of an intensity which didn't happen last summer.

• Options
    I'm not going because I feel zero connection to the club. Results wont help that.
    Brighton for example used the motto 'together' last year. The whole team, fans, city bought into the idea.