Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rooney back to Everton

Comments

• Options
    Dave2l said:

Only just Just realised Lookman now plays with Rooney. Im sure Roondog can see a player with England potential. Rooney has bags of experience. Hopefully he can pass that on to Lookman.

Everton have signed a number of decent attacking players, and after Sigurdsson as well. Can't see Lookman getting much game time
  • Options
    Would you say Lookman won't get a look in?
  • Options
    Retires from international football
  • Options
    Good for him.
  • Options
    Sounds as if Southgate wasn't willing to give him a lot of game time and forced his hand somewhat.
    Shame really I still think he could do a job for England.
  • Options
    massive respect to him for choosing to retire now
  • Options
    i thought they would of used one of the November friendlies providing England don't need a play off to get to russia. rumoured to be brazil and germany could of played one at old trafford and done a testimonial.

haven't been his biggest fan at times, but hes a record holder and one that i cant see being beaten for a very long time.

cheers for your service wayne
  • Options
    He could do a job in qualifying. But I never, ever want to see Wayne Rooney play in a tournament for England again. I'm very glad he's retired, and seeing as how ridiculous excited I was by him 13 years ago, I never would have expected to say that.
  • Options
    The right time to go. Moving back to Everton, rather than China or MLS suggest someone who wants to finish his club career on a high
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    him going back to everton was probably what ive got most respect for would be nice for them to do something this year, as not a side i particularly care about but always like to see them do better than liverpool.
  • Options
    Reckon he could still do a job meself.
  • Options

Shame he didn't retire before that Iceland game.

i would of liked to have seen them paraded off the flight at gatwick and flogged.
  • Options
    Reckon he'll do a Paul Scholes now and play a good few more years for Everton.

Seeing he started his club career so young this decision will probably help make his club career last a bit longer
  • Options
    Good for him, despite being one of the most talented in the squad still, he needs teams built around him to play. That isn't something England needs for its future.
  • Options

Shame he didn't retire before that Iceland game.

I thought he retired during it...
  • Options
    good on him and now we can stop all the drama around should he be called up or not.
  • Options

good on him and now we can stop all the drama around should he be called up or not.

It won't stop.
  • Options
    Probably a hard decision.

I think he made the right choice for himself.

It's sad that it did not go as well as it could have done with him and England.

Even though he broke the record of most appearances and goals scored....which should speak for itself but strangely it does not really tell the full story.

Always a giant cloud above Rooneys head that always seemed to exaggerate what kind of player he was. Too much doubt, too much praise, to much criticism, too much pressure.

As a man and with his fame that put him more in the spotlight, he might not have come across as very generally "likeable" within the public eye.

I think that was part of the problem.

He's an England legend?

100% yes.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dave2l said:

Even though he broke the record of most appearances and goals scored....which should speak for itself but strangely it does not really tell the full story.

Always a giant cloud above Rooneys head that always seemed to exaggerate what kind of player he was. Too much doubt, too much praise, to much criticism, too much pressure.

As a man and with his fame that put him more in the spotlight, he might not have come across as very generally "likeable" within the public eye.

He's an England legend?

100% yes.

Shilton holds the appearance record.
  • Options

Dave2l said:

He's an England legend?

100% yes.

Shilton holds the appearance record.
    Must be outfield record.
  • Options
    He's only 31, he's been playing full mens seasons at an extraordinarily high level since 2001/2 given how much the game has changed physically I think he's making the right decision. He's quality no doubt about that.

Made some stupid decisions but hands up who hasn't. Granted we all aren't into the granny shagging but you get the point I'm making
  • Options
    Greatest ever English striker when playing amateur teams.

Shame he never turned up when it actually mattered.
  • Options
    The interesting bit for me, is that Rooney obviously sees something very good about to happen at Everton, and wants to be fully committed to it
  • Options
    You have to judge top players on how they perform in the major tournaments, not the qualifiers vs the likes of Malta, Lithuania and the Faroe Islands.

After a sensational Euro 2004, Rooney was largely anonymous at the major tournaments, and I think that his legacy must reflect this.

Nowhere near the likes of Bobby Charlton and Gary Lineker for me, regardless of how many goals or apps he had behind him.
  • Options
    Rothko said:

The interesting bit for me, is that Rooney obviously sees something very good about to happen at Everton, and wants to be fully committed to it

Yes - they are opening a shag-a-granny brothel opposite the ground and he wants to fill his boots.
  • Options
    Rothko said:

I just don't think he's interested in being a 'bit part' substitute.

great player and gone at the right time
  • Options
    Appreciate why he's done it but 31 seems a ridiculously young age to retire from international football.
  • Options

Rothko said:

Yes - they are opening a shag-a-granny brothel opposite the ground and he wants to fill his boots.
    So lame.