Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rooney back to Everton

Comments

• Yeah January, so if they sign him now he'll be sat on his arse for 6 months.

With Costa i'm not sure it's his ability that's in question, i think Conte and him fell out.
  • My theory on this is that Utd would prefer Morata and have leaked the story in the hope that Real Madrid budge on the reported £79m asking price. I still think Lukaku will end up at Chelsea.
  • After Aguero Lukakau is the best forward in the league. Quality signing for Utd.

Not even close for me. Kane and Aguero are on a bit of a pedestal above Lukaku etc. Aguero definitely slightly above Kane but not by much.
  • dizzee said:

Even though I don't rate him. I have to say that it's great to see a player do this rather than go off to China to earn a million a week.

We shouldn't weep for him though.

He is having a 10 million pound home built that will boast stables for 15 horses, a six-car garage and an orangery. On the lower ground floor is a TV room, snooker room, bar, wine store, cinema, gym, jacuzzi, swimming pool, plunge pool, steam room, and two lifts to the other floors. Essentially, there is also underground access to the stables and garage.

I reckon he's got enough.
  • dizzee said:

masicat said:

dizzee said:

A lot of money will be wasted on him. He's never been that great and certainly past it now.

Agree. 400 games and 200 goals, over 100 caps and 53 goals. Tosser.
    Alright Wayne, keep your knickers on.
    Oh sorry, you thought I was calling him a tosser?
  • Carter said:

Wayne Rooney deserves a few chances in the game, it's easy to jump on his case but how many other English players over his generation have done what he has?

He's been playing full seasons since 2002 when he was 15 or 16. I was sniffing glue and masturbating when I was 15/16

I think he needs a change of scenery and Everton is probably the only one he'd go for in the UK. Hopefully it kick starts and Indian summer for England's record goal scorer

But you gave up the glue years ago
  • Carter said:

Wayne Rooney deserves a few chances in the game, it's easy to jump on his case but how many other English players over his generation have done what he has?

He's been playing full seasons since 2002 when he was 15 or 16. I was sniffing glue and masturbating when I was 15/16

I think he needs a change of scenery and Everton is probably the only one he'd go for in the UK. Hopefully it kick starts and Indian summer for England's record goal scorer

I think that the major issue that people have with Wayne Rooney, is that he never really developed into the player I think we all thought that he would become.

After Euro 2004, I think that we all thought that he would go on to become a truly great England player, who could be put in the same international category as the likes of Platini, Van Basten, Mattheus and Henry etc.

However for various reasons, whilst he was undoubtedly a very good player, I don't think that he can honestly be put in the same category as a truly great player, particularly as he has continued to decline whilst his contemporaries such as Ronaldo and Messi have continued to flourish.

Watching him now, the most striking thing is the diminishment in his physicality and pace, he literally looks like an old man now, and I can only see the whole Everton thing going badly for all concerned.
  • Sponsored links:

• dizzee said:

Aguero, Sanchez, Lukaku, Kane is my order.

Nah I'd swap Lukaku and Kane...
  • Rooney is a class player that being said I think he could have achieved more, he could have been right up there with Ronaldo and Messi imo. To say hes not a class act however is wrong. He will do well for Everton this year. Being the man main in a side built around him I think the 4-1 on him making the next World Cup squad is well worth a look.
  • Great news for Everton! Glad he's left bloody Manchester United I can't stand the club, good luck to Rooney and Everton!
  • edited July 2017
    Well i know someone who'll be happy... "Hiya Wayne... der usual?"

• On the bench by November and in China or America next season.

Fergie spotted Rooney had gone in 2013 and he was spot on.

Rooney was incredibly lucky Moyes needed to keep him so got a new contract, if Fergie had stayed Rooney would have left the club before now.
  • He's back. Just scored on his 'debut'
  • Sponsored links:

• Still a quality player. Expecting a good season from him.
  • Good goal, but easier when it's a free shot.
  • Good crowd for that match, the presence of Rooney probably helped
  • The work by Ade though! To think last year he'd be doing that to Lee Novak.
  • This is no more a debut goal than him kicking a coke can between two bins in the Everton car park on his way back from training the day before.
  • Is that Thuram in goal waving at the ball as it flys past him
  • Keeper too far off the line.
  • Only just Just realised Lookman now plays with Rooney. Im sure Roondog can see a player with England potential. Rooney has bags of experience. Hopefully he can pass that on to Lookman.