Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Poll of the Week: Ricky Holmes (SIGNED NEW CONTRACT TO 2020)

124»

Comments

• Options
    4-5 more signings and we will be set for a decent promotion challenge. Hopefully DaSilva, Martin and Reeves will be 3 of those.
  • Options
    Well I got it wrong, I voted that he would leave and I have to say I'm extremely pleased I was wrong in this case. I hope we can bring in the players to cover the positions where we are still lacking and that we don't let anybody important go. If we do manage to assemble a fit and proper squad, it will be a first under this regime. All we need is Roland to have some patience with the manager (he has showed some already to his credit) and not fire him if we stumble a bit during the season.
  • Options
    Said all along he would say.

Good news.

Where are those fans in the lower north who were slagging him off during a game last season?
  • Options
    Good stuff. Must admit things are beginning to feel a little more 'normal', I hope they keep it up. Actually slightly looking forward to the new season which I wasn't expecting.
  • Options
    Signing of the season.

Though with our luck, he'll be sold last day in January
  • Options
    good news
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    watch him now get injured pre season and be out till Christmas

;)
  • Options
    What????

Is no-one "whelmed"???
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Probably their best statement of intent since Lookman signed a deal until 2020 16 months ago

• Options
    Just renewed my season ticket.
    Sorry Bromley you will have to wait.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Get in I was wrong!!!!!!
  • Options
    Fantastic news!
  • Options
    Great news that's P.O.Y. sorted for the next 3 seasons.
  • Options
    Excellent news. Glad to eat a large slice.....
  • Options
    Who was the guy who said the move to The Blades was a done deal?
  • Options
    Brilliant news, and I'm glad the most important vote of the last few years has gone the right way !
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Probably their best statement of intent to date

Did you almost smile?.
  • Options
    Come on you nearly proper Charlton, see you all at the first game. Methinks a small wager is going to be in order !
  • Options
    Fantastic news !

We need a new song for him - to show our support.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    best news of the close season so far
  • Options
    I think it's great news, but I do find it a bit funny how much people are spaffing over a player who was here last year in one of our worst ever seasons.

Rather have him than not though, of course.
  • Options
    WSS said:

I think it's great news, but I do find it a bit funny how much people are spaffing over a player who was here last year in one of our worst ever seasons.

It's definitely possible for individual players to shine in poor seasons (Scott Carson springs to mind) and if they do then building a team around them is incredibly important thing to do. I know it's hard to praise anything that this regime do but this is very good news for our club and hopefully by the end of this three year contract term Roland and Katrien will be a distant memory.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

WSS said:

It's definitely possible for individual players to shine in poor seasons (Scott Carson springs to mind) and if they do then building a team around them is incredibly important thing to do. I know it's hard to praise anything that this regime do but this is very good news for our club and hopefully by the end of this three year contract term Roland and Katrien will be a distant memory.
    Jose Semedo was once player of the year - that was a bad season....
  • Options
    WSS said:

Darren Bent went for £16m(?) after our relegation from the PL season, there will always be players who shine amongst the poorer performers
  • Options
    WSS said:

He was probably the only player last season that definitely could have been a starter in our title winning season (over Green or Wagstaff, which perhaps isn't saying much).

He's a goalscoring winger that also works very hard and is more consistent than most. Had he gone we'd have struggled to replace him with someone of the same quality.
  • Options
    WSS said:

I think it's very good news. With Marshall we've arguably got the two most creative wide players in the division last year, and we can't say Holmes hasn't had other offers. If Fusu is any decent then we've certainly going to have some options in those areas
  • Options
    I thought he was already house-hunting in Sheffield but he was obviously just reluctant to wear that hideous polo shirt for the PR shot.

Can't say I blame him. What are those ugly zebra stripes on the shoulders all about?
  • Options
    WSS said:
    @Ollywozere
    Was this tweet pic in relation to the jokes about the pen being on holiday? Please say it was... It's be perfect.
  • Options
    I always thought Ricky would stay and certainly hoped he would. Definitely our best signing so far.

We just need to add 3 or 4 more first teamers and we have to be in with a shout.