Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Poll of the Week: Ricky Holmes (SIGNED NEW CONTRACT TO 2020)

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2017
    YESSSSSSSSSS - Love that Charlton tweet as well

Three year deal though for Ricky as well... Bet he's delighted, no offence as he deserves it but as a 30-year old he's seriously covered now if he were to pick up a bad injury in the next year or two
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Great news, well I got that wrong......not that I'll get to see him play until the Rat and Liar phuck off...
  • Options
    deal done
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:

Probably their best statement of intent to date

Brilliant news but as a statement of intent JBGs contract was probably bigger. Hope this time it's backed up by giving KR the squad he needs.
  • Options
    Get in
  • Options
    Painful getting there but I'm glad that's sorted. Now all we need is some players to play with him - the squad is still well short.
  • Options
    Yay! Also I like that training kit.
  • Options
    Missed It said:

Painful getting there but I'm glad that's sorted. Now all we need is some players to play with him - the squad is still well short.

Yeah but if we get DaSilva and Martin over the line this week, I think we'd only bes short an attacker (Cameron Stweart is on trial) and right back cover. We're not that far away.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    cabbles said:

I'm still dubious... We've signed: Fosu | Marshall | Clarke and got a new Contract out of Holmes

Same time last season we'd signed: Ajose | Holmes | Novak by this stage, and then apart from the joke that was trying to get the Crofts deal done it went completely quiet until a late rush once the season started and highlighted out faults.

We're linked with Martin and Dasilva which look like potentially completed deals (last season it was just Pearce we were linked with for ages) but at the moment it does still look like a bit of dithering

Then you've got Ben Reeves who could well turn out to be this windows version of Louis Thompson (Norwich Midfielder)
  • Options
    This is great news, well done to the club for getting it done

I'm feeling enthusiastic about this season
  • Options

cabbles said:

I'm still dubious... We've signed: Fosu | Marshall | Clarke and got a new Contract out of Holmes

Same time last season we'd signed: Ajose | Holmes | Novak by this stage, and then apart from the joke that was trying to get the Crofts deal done it went completely quiet until a late rush once the season started and highlighted out faults.

We're linked with Martin and Dasilva which look like potentially completed deals (last season it was just Pearce we were linked with for ages) but at the moment it does still look like a bit of dithering

Then you've got Ben Reeves who could well turn out to be this windows version of Louis Thompson (Norwich Midfielder)
    The difference is that last summer we lost most of out best players and loanees

Our team was ripped apart last summer, whereas this summer we haven't lost many key players
  • Options
    Can only be seen as good news.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Times seem like they're changing. Let's see what else happens by the time the market closes. Got a lot more of a feel good factor at the moment, ffs charlton stop making me want to go football again.
  • Options
    Well done to the club.

Liking the Hummel gear as well.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Missed It said:

Yeah but if we get DaSilva and Martin over the line this week, I think we'd only bes short an attacker (Cameron Stweart is on trial) and right back cover. We're not that far away.

I smell a lot of 'if' coming off of your plan!
  • Options
    nice one Ricky
  • Options
    That's a big knee in the nuts for Sheff Utd, we can pass them on the way down next season. Well done Ricky
  • Options
    That is blinding news.

First time in ages I've actually shouted 'Yess' with anything Charlton related
  • Options
    Buzzing. Great stuff and well done Robinson on swaying him to stay. Must have been really tempted reuniting with Wilder and at Championship level. Fair play to the Board for sorting it all out too. Congratulations all round. And thank you Ricky! Hopefully, the loyalty you have shown will pay dividends.
  • Options

cabbles said:

The difference is that last summer we lost most of out best players and loanees

Our team was ripped apart last summer, whereas this summer we haven't lost many key players
    Thats what I'm hoping as well... For the first time in a while we are building rather than replacing.

I think I've just learnt to be very cautious with Charlton as it cushions the disappointment, even when we were signing the likes of Matt Taylor and Dale Stephens, I was glad by the activity but was cautious then because they were coming from Oldham and Exeter.
  • Options
    Oh Ricky Holmes you're the love of my life; oh Ricky Holmes I'll let you shag my wife, oh Ricky Holmes I want a shit man bun toooo ❤
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Got to be good news for the club, but we need a lot more decent signings if we're serious about promotion this season.