Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

John Terry signs for Aston Villa

Comments

• Options
    Its wrong saw yesterday he wanted it put in his new conract.

U saw from Huddersfield this season with a decent defence you might get something from the big clubs.

Aston Villa could struggle if they go up and having Terry in defence getting a point against Chelsea could keep them up.

If I was a Villa fan I would be fuming you play for my club then u play against everyone you are needed to play against
  • Options
    Unprofessional, what's he going to do if he managers a team that play Chelsea?
  • Options
    Doesn't that give an unfair advantage to Chelsea?
    Surely there must be an FA/PL/FIFA/UEFA rule about that.
  • Options

Unprofessional, what's he going to do if he managers a team that play Chelsea?

he thinks he will get the Chelsea job when he retires so isn't thinking about it.
  • Options
    And we are forgetting Villa play Fulham who I think will beat them so it might not be anything to consider.
  • Options
    I think Steve Bruce just said it as a joke. They have to actually get promoted first for it to even be an issue.
  • Options

Not that any of that matters as Fulham are going up

This, Villa wont go up...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Not that any of that matters as Fulham are going up

Hopefully!
  • Options
    Croydon said:

https://theguardian.com/football/2018/may/23/john-terry-miss-chelsea-games-new-aston-villa-deal

If true - loyal or unprofessional?

The latter for me, I know he's trying to show he's 'Mr Chelsea' but if Villa play his wages he should play, it's pathetic not to. Wouldn't surprise me after that 26min clap thing though, all about his ego.

Lampard had the class - played and scored against Chelsea, got the clap before and after, did his job.

That's unfortunate

And out of the two, Terry is more likely!
  • Options
    Even if I was a Chelsea fan I would think this is a dick move.
  • Options
    This seriously cannot be true. I don't even like players apologising for scoring against old teams, but this really would be pathetic.
  • Options
    Also, how is this public, would it be that hard to 'get a knock in training' the day before?
    Sure there would be rumours etc but it's better than everyone knowing you're a dick. If that needed confirming in the first place.
  • Options
    John Terry - the gift that keeps on giving !!!

Such an arsehole
  • Options
    John Terry in "I'm not a prick anymore" outburst shocker.
  • Options
    Just wanna be popular with the Chelsea fans. Oh, love me! Pathetic!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was just using a David Brent quote but it fits quite well.

What about wearing the full Chelsea kit to celebrate winning the Champions League despite being suspended?
  • Options
    He's holding on a bit tightly isn't he.

If you were to give him the benefit of the doubt...he rejected premier league offers because he 100% did not want to play against chelsea, so he accepted a championship offer.

Maybe it's just an emotional connection and stubbornness that is a bit too much and not really normal.

He plays for Aston villa now though and should just get on with it.

He will get a Chelsea reception in a villa shirt and it's not like he is really that good anymore.

To be honest if some of our old favourites that moved on said "I refuse to play against Charlton because I love them so much" I'd be happy.
  • Options
    Has he agreed that he shouldn't be paid for any monthh that Villa pay Chelsea?
  • Options
    A slug of a man, hopefully he’ll retire after today’s game.
  • Options
    I’ve got lunch with him Wednesday, will ask him. I suspect this is bollox.
  • Options
    Poor, old JT, always misunderstood.....................one prize tosser
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Paul Miller played for Charlton against Spurs. Even JFH played for us and scored against his beloved Chelsea.

Or course Denis Law showed us how it should be done in the 70's and he has a statue to him at Old Trafford despite what he did in his last appearance there.
  • Options
    masicat said:

I’ve got lunch with him Wednesday, will ask him. I suspect this is bollox.

Please don't mention it on The Famous People I Have Met thread.