Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pre-season in Ireland 2017

123457»

Comments

• Options

where is the match preview?

Do people genuinely want a Match Preview for the Friendlies?

I did them last season out of boredom at the time but will do them if they're wanted?
    na, I'm only joking. best to leave it just on this thread.
  • Options
    cheers @Stephen_Joyce all the best
  • Options

Hello Charlton Athletic Fans,

I'd just like to welcome CAFC Fans to The UCD Bowl for tomorrow's Wed 12th July, UCD AFC v Charlton Athletic, ko 19:45. I hope you're enjoying your trip in Ireland. Attached is a link for Directions including Public Transport and Parking for the UCD Bowl. There's also info on The Poolside Café which has delicatessen food until 20:30 it's found in the The Student Centre and The Clubhouse Bar which will be open until 23:30 beside The Student Centre. Both are within three minute walk of The UCD Bowl. One warning there may not be Hot Food available inside the ground.

Directions to UCD Bowl, Food & Drink
    UCDSoccer.com-> Club -> Directions to The UCD Bowl
    ucdsoccer.com/club/directions-to-belfield-bowl

Fans are welcome to pass on this link and info to any travelling Fans on this side of the water.
    If anyone has any queries about the game they can contact me at the email address below. We hope everyone travelling has a great trip and enjoys the football.

UCD Bowl: Natural sunken bowl, one 1500 seated stand with cover at halfway line. Shared with winter Rugby Union season, but pitch is excellent over the Summer months. It'll be used for two full days of games at Women's Rugby World Cup, August 2017 (you might see it on the tv). Tuck shop available at the ground "minerals, crisps & sweets".

UCD AFC: Spent 19 seasons out of 21 in Premier Division between 1995 -2014, 2 relegations, 2 promotions after only a year down each time. But since 2015 we have been in the second tier First Division.
    We usually field UCD Students, UCD Graduates, Other 3rd level Students and second-level (Post-Primary/High School) students as well with occasional experienced League of Ireland Player. But we always haemorrhaged players at end of each season. It's caught up with us now with a very young squad all UCD connected and we are challenging but not getting promotion.
    We have notoriously small support but we attract quality young talent that stays in Football after three or four years with The College.
    Recent claim to fame, played in two rounds of UEFA Europa League thru Fair Play. Caused much 'HATE' with other clubs' Fans as it was seen as we didn't earn it and we would embarrass the League.

Stephen Joyce
    stephenjoyce76@gmail.com
    UCD AFC Supporter Liaison Officer

No hate from the Harps fans, delighted to have gone up that year at your expense.
    Collie and the boys did you proud in Europe - See you on Wednesday.
  • Options

No hate from the Harps fans, delighted to have gone up that year at your expense.
    Collie and the boys did you proud in Europe - See you on Wednesday.

Cheers SpicedAddick, in 2015 UCD and Finn Harps went toe-to-toe in four league games and then a two-leg Promotion Play-off semi-final and Harps beat us twice. I hope you're enjoying the Prem.

UCD v Charlton Ath.
    Ticket Prices: Adult: €10.00, Student/OAP: €5.00, U14: FREE.