Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pre-season in Ireland 2017

Comments

• Options
    Early morning
  • Options

What a great way to earn a living.

I thought that was the old Chelsea pitch until I noticed the sea.
    Thats just the Thames isnt it?
  • Options

Where's the mist then ?

• Options

Where's the mist then ?

Mull of Kintyre
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Other than the Wilder connection I really can't see why Holmes would leave and I'm actually really confident he won't. Seems very happy to be here, gets on with everyone and obviously wants to be down south. With him in the team along with our additions so far + a few more there's no reason why we shouldn't be going up.

Apart from a higher wages and playing in a higher division.

I still think he'll stay but let's not pretend that there is no attraction in a move to Brammel Lane.

There are also plenty of reasons we shouldn't go up such as Wigan, Blackburn, Rotherham, Fleetwood not to mention Meire and Duchatelet.

Yes, we should be challenging but so should we have been challenging last season.
    Shows how far we have fallen when we're concerned about Rotherham and Fleetwood finishing above us.
  • Options
    Bookies have us 6th favourites for promotion..

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/league-1/promotion
  • Options
    Fleetwood are only team I would consider having a bet on at those odds.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Anyone going. @The31YearMan will be there

I'll be at the UCD game.
  • Options

cabbles said:

I'll be at the UCD game.
    Thought you might be out there

No doubt seb Lewis etc. Any others on here
  • Options
    I might head to the Limerick game. Depending on work and stuff
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:

cabbles said:

I'll be at the UCD game.
    Thought you might be out there

No doubt seb Lewis etc. Any others on here
    So that's two taking the protest to Ireland!
  • Options
    I would love to be able to head over there but family holiday and somebody having an op at the fire station, means I can't get over there.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    cfgs said:

I would love to be able to head over there but family holiday and somebody having an op at the fire station, means I can't get over there.

The op is being done at a hospital but he is one of the station management team, before anyone makes a comment.
  • Options

Are they not coming back before going out again for the games?

Yeah, does seem odd, sure they know what they're doing.
    Someone wants to grab all the air miles that are going.........
  • Options
    Popping over for three games making a week of tour of Ireland and NI and looking forward to a few beers with a few others going .
  • Options

Where's the mist then ?

Dont worry it'll be rolling in later
  • Options
    http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/59590a9a25c87/ticket-prices-confirmed-for-ireland-friendlies

"Available to purchase on the evening of the match, tickets for the game against Crumlin, which takes place at St Patrick’s Athletic’s Richmond Park, are priced €10 adults and €5 concessions, while U16s go free, and the friendly versus Limerick at Markets Field will see tickets priced €10 adults and €5 concessions and U12s at the turnstiles.

Meanwhile, tickets for the final match of the tour at UCD Bowl will be priced €10 adults, €5 concessions and free for U14s."
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Will any of them still be here come September?
  • Options
    Will be going to the ucd game
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Will any of them still be here come September?
    Hopefully all three.
  • Options
    Judging by the various social media forms, it looks like a proper pre season work out. Karl's tactics mean a reliance on being physically very fit, Bradford at home last season springs to mind, the high pressing really worked and even got the crowd going. I'm cautiously optimistic rather than fearing a slow start as we usually do.
  • Options

Judging by the various social media forms, it looks like a proper pre season work out. Karl's tactics mean a reliance on being physically very fit, Bradford at home last season springs to mind, the high pressing really worked and even got the crowd going. I'm cautiously optimistic rather than fearing a slow start as we usually do.

the synic in me thinks this has really been 'ramped up' this season as part of the 'improved communication' i.e. Look how how hard the team are training by going out at 7.45am etc

It could just be that this is modern football these days and all this 24/7 coverage will become the norm. It's just that I remember some timely sparrows lane updates/videos around the time of the season ticket renewals

I'm not criticising Olly woz ere or any of his team either, they're just doing their job.

It just seems to be very heavy on content being pushed out more recently
  • Options
    cabbles said:

the synic in me thinks this has really been 'ramped up' this season as part of the 'improved communication' i.e. Look how how hard the team are training by going out at 7.45am etc

It could just be that this is modern football these days and all this 24/7 coverage will become the norm. It's just that I remember some timely sparrows lane updates/videos around the time of the season ticket renewals

I'm not criticising Olly woz ere or any of his team either, they're just doing their job.

It is back to what is like under Matt Wright etc, it could be simply Olly and his colleagues are properly settled in role and are exploring what they can offer.

It could also a build up towards what the club will offer on their paid channel.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

cabbles said:

It is back to what is like under Matt Wright etc, it could be simply Olly and his colleagues are properly settled in role and are exploring what they can offer.

It could also a build up towards what the club will offer on their paid channel.
    Yeah I don't mean to sound like a conspiracy theory type, just seems to have been ramped up

I've no doubt a lot of other clubs are doing it now given the age we live in
  • Options

Anyone know if Edwards is in Eire given that Page is crocked?

I believe only Barnes & Djiksteel from the Academy.
    cabbles said:

Whatever the reason it's excellent.