Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackpool - Yes us again

Comments

• Options
    Great news for Blackpool fans. The Oystons are back in court on a non football matter in a couple of days. Hope they lose that one as well as it has an impact on my work.
  • Options
    Great news. Hope you are soon rid of the verminous Oystons.
  • Options
    Over the moon for Blackpool fans! Hopefully see the back of these people in football!
  • Options

Greetings from the court. Over 50 fans here. We ARE getting our club back very soon. Some sore heads tonight

Sorry but never forgiven you for sending us down in 1972. You had absolutely nothing to play for but, oh no, you had to smash us 5-0. All we needed was a point to stay up - was a draw too much to ask for? Left me in tears and took me years to recover from it.

Seriously good news for you and very well done.
    I'm still suffering flashbacks of that infamous day out. :neutral:
  • Options
    Great news. A family of no morality.
  • Options

Greetings from the court. Over 50 fans here. We ARE getting our club back very soon. Some sore heads tonight

Sorry but never forgiven you for sending us down in 1972. You had absolutely nothing to play for but, oh no, you had to smash us 5-0. All we needed was a point to stay up - was a draw too much to ask for? Left me in tears and took me years to recover from it.

Seriously good news for you and very well done.
    Had my schoolgirl self in tears too. Forgiven Blackpool, but not Bob Stokoe.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Delighted for club! Us next, please.
  • Options
    Saying on the Talkshit could mean the club going broke. Is that right or just the normal sort of nonsense you get on there?
  • Options
    I had no idea Oyston was a convicted rapist and Labour Party donor!

Explains a lot regarding his ethics or lack of them.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2007/jul/14/uk.labour
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Hmm, we'll have to see how this plays out, but I 'd be surprised if Belokon gets £31M off the Oyston's.

So when/if they default what will happen ?

Will Blackpool go into administration ?

It's far too early to guess what will happen.
  • Options
    £31m is a significant part of Oystons fortune, reported to be worth £100m, so this will really hurt. Good!
    I didn't realise that he is also a convicted rapist.
    Prior to this he owned some radio stations but had to give them up as he was a "fit and proper person". However Football League obviously thinks it's alright.
    Apparently in 2007 he did attend a Labour fundraising event, but to be fair, Gordon Brown, after discovering he was there, instructed that no donations should be accepted from him. Again Football League thinks OK!
  • Options
    Bought his son a bar in blackpool centre last year, gets its windows put through regularly. Horrible bit of work the lot of them, let's not forgot Owen Oyston's own number plate is '0YSTON 0UT'
  • Options
    Bad news for the Oystons, whether this is good news for Blackpool remains to be seen

However bad RD might be, the Oystons are far worse
  • Options
    Great news! Let's hope the convicted rapist and his son get nowhere with their appeal and have to sell.
  • Options

Sorry, a bit pissed at the moment. Thanks for all the kind words, watch out for David Conn's words and I'll try and update you as things progress. God this feels good.

To be honest I'm quite jealous. Imagine that weeping we would have if we were certain that Rolands tenure was coming to an end. I'd certainly be calling in sick tomorrow.

For those expressing caution and worries about money/ risk of administration I'd say bring it on.

A lot of fans, well me for one but I'm sure there are plenty who agree, would rather be rid of scummy owners even if it brings financial problems.

Whatever problems are down the road you are over this hurdle, you can face anything and come through it as long as the club unites from top to bottom. Ownership, board, management, players, tea lady, groundsmans and most importantly the fans. You all pull in one direction and there is only one way you will go.

You'll soon have your club back and that must feel amazing.
  • Options
    johnny73 said:

Great news for Blackpool fans. The Oystons are back in court on a non football matter in a couple of days. Hope they lose that one as well as it has an impact on my work.

I'm guessing this is the Land Planning thing ? Wouldn't be surprised if they pull out after yesterday but best of luck anyway

• Options

johnny73 said:

I'm guessing this is the Land Planning thing ? Wouldn't be surprised if they pull out after yesterday but best of luck anyway

Yes. They are challenging our Local Neighbourhood Plan in St. Anne's. At an early stage and the initial judgement will determine if they have a case to challenge. Fylde Borough Council are arguing the challenge is outside the consultation period.

I'm delighted the Oystons got a bloody nose yesterday but surely if the judgement is enforced it just means Blackpool fc have lost a key shareholder and the Oystons are down 31 million?
  • Options

Blackpool: Joey Barton asks lawyers to recoup settlement fee to Oyston family

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41897782
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'm delighted the Oystons got a bloody nose yesterday but surely if the judgement is enforced it just means Blackpool fc have lost a key shareholder and the Oystons are down 31 million?

Best of luck mate. As for the O's, they don't have that amount of cash available. All assets have been frozen. They will have to sell assets to release the funds. One asset is the football club...............

Thanks. Sounds like good news all round.
  • Options
    Fairly apt for Pompey given their recent history an'all.
  • Options

Good luck to the Blackpool fans
  • Options
    What appears to be a genuine story the ref for Blackpool v Pompey game today has been changed specifically because of his name...... Ben Toner