Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Terrace fashion collections of past

Comments

• LOL at this thread. You victims... :wink::lol:
  • SE7toSG3 said:

An often told story but I got battered outside Hull in 85-86 (1-1 draw), they jumped me as 'he looks like a Cockney b**stard' for wearing a Green Benetton Jumper, Lisle & Scott roll neck, Electric Blue Lois Cords and Gazelles (red on one foot green on the other to show Northen monkeys I could afford 2 pairs).....so probably deserved it be fair.....still laugh when they loose though

I got a clump after the Hull game too, as I was getting back on the coach. Probably pissed off at Flash's late equaliser.

My trainers were both the same colour though.
  • SE7toSG3 said:

An often told story but I got battered outside Hull in 85-86 (1-1 draw), they jumped me as 'he looks like a Cockney b**stard' for wearing a Green Benetton Jumper, Lisle & Scott roll neck, Electric Blue Lois Cords and Gazelles (red on one foot green on the other to show Northen monkeys I could afford 2 pairs).....so probably deserved it be fair.....still laugh when they loose though

I understand none of that apart from the odd shoes, so I agree. Probably would have clumped you myself ;-)
  • quality collection, trainer man myself, awful film but the firm has got some very decent clobber in it.
  • Tavern said:

After reaching the age of 50 last year realised my trainer obsession had to stop and did thin out the collection 99% adidas still probably got 20 pairs of gazelles i just couldnt part with!
    After sorting out my warddrobes and loft now realised i also had an obsession with trackie tops as well as trainers!
    havent got round to the fila ones yet? Probaby 15 or more of them as well!
    Time to thin these out as well as i think 50 is far to old to be wearing these although of course i look much younger! Well ive still got hair!

I am 51 and have 2 pairs of Trimm Trab and loads of Adidas trainers from the day. My collection of clobber includes Lacoste jackets and tops,Armani jumpers and jeans and leather jackets including also all the original Aquastcum Jackets and jumpers and shirts along with Fila BJ tops. Never give it it up.
    What about that Timberland top from Bristol City? :-)
  • SE7toSG3 said:

I was there too. Bunch of numpties gobbing off as we left the ground. I turned round when one of them said something unintelligible and the lad pooped his pants and ran off :-)
  • If it no longer fits you might as well let it go to a good home @TellyTubby

I know a Museum who would look after it.

What took you so long ;)
  • Electric blue Lois cords. That takes me back. I used to get mine from Tanners.

I've (literally) grown out of the clobber side of things..... but am still murder round a pair of Adidas
  • I had both the electric blue and burgundy Lois cords.

The pringle jumpers were a plain yellow effort, but a very nice blue and white diamond one.

Trainers were white Nike ones.
  • SE7toSG3 said:

And you call me a Dandy
  • Sponsored links:

• I was wearing this in 1976 or 1977? I seem to struggle to get it on these days. Don't know why.

If you look carefully, you might see paddy Powell's signature. imageimageimage

Was he using invisible ink ?

:smiley:
    It's under the CAFC text.
  • I came through Paris the other week after the France / England game and waited for my Eurostar train surrounded by 40 somethings who looked like Jacamo warehouse backwards, then discovered the 80's Casuals website, then got kicked through their warehouse backwards an all.
  • best dressed crew in division two

• Good stuff @floydroadfaithfull

Though if you wore the all red tracksuit you'd look like a bloody post box
  • I came through Paris the other week after the France / England game and waited for my Eurostar train surrounded by 40 somethings who looked like Jacamo warehouse backwards, then discovered the 80's Casuals website, then got kicked through their warehouse backwards an all.

Judging by The Stone Roses gig the other week that 80's Casuals website must do some business. Thought they were refilming the firm.

You shitbag I_b_b_o_r_g! I googled that website and now I have a huge shopping list! Been looking for Sergio Tacchini tracksuit tops and they have exactly what I was looking for!
  • Tavern said:

I can honestly say that in the 80's and 90's fashion on the terraces was an expensive thing and all the lads spent a fortune. Don't get me wrong it has gone on since then big time but all respect to the lads that kicked the scene off back in the day. They say the scousers through robbing back in the late seventies as always being abroad in tournaments brought us the fashion! Maybe but seeing them in the early eighties they were no way as fashionable as lads from London and the Mancs were a bit miss as well. The best dressed mob that ever came to the Valley in the early eighties was Portsmouth 657. I could go on all day long about this and the shops we used to use. Lovely memories.

When Charlton were in no mans land, a trip to Brighton with Millwall assisted keeping up appearances
  • As for differing coloured trainers, that is very sad.
  • As for differing coloured trainers, that is very sad.

Gottta agree, I think if I did that down Catford high street people would be taking me to Sports Direct feeling sorry for me.
  • For a smart look you couldn't beat the Levi Sta-press, Ben Sherman, brogues and Crombie of 1969ish.
  • Sponsored links:

• With a pin to hold your hankie in your Crombie.
  • iaitch said:

With a pin to hold your hankie in your Crombie.

Indeed. I think red silk was the choice in the Covered end.
  • Baldy, found this site, its good reading, brings back some memories.

http://www.retrowow.co.uk/retro_style/60s/60s_skinhead.php
  • SE7toSG3 said:

Just remember Clive that we took their big side in 1980. Twenty of us ran the whole lot. Flight jacket, Levi's, DM's and six pints. Three points too, more importantly, on our way to promotion. I was at the game in '85 as well and they weren't happy.
  • iaitch said:

Baldy, found this site, its good reading, brings back some memories.

http://www.retrowow.co.uk/retro_style/60s/60s_skinhead.php

cheers.
  • http://www.retrowow.co.uk/retro_style/60s/60s_skinhead.php

The above was a very good read and reminded me of gigs in the Tramshed at Woolwich etc.
    Floyd Rds collection is impressive but I wouldn't get rid.
    I sold about 50% of my Ben Shermans last year and regretted not seeing them hanging in the Wardrobe ever since.
    I still have over Thirty shirts though the modern ones are not as good as the older ones with the breast pocket and B/S label.
    I know its an old cliche but the music that I grew up through and the fashions it's a shame it all died out as Kids have nothing to follow and the commercial music is dire.
    Great times great memories and I guess that is what it is all about.
  • Since digging these out im having flashbacks of my 80s youth
    Went in hmv yesterday and brought a dozen cds from the early 80s
  • Since digging these out im having flashbacks of my 80s youth
    Went in hmv yesterday and brought a dozen cds from the early 80s

A cracking decade for football, fashion and music.
  • resurrecting as found an old photo of me wearing a Fila BJ, Pringle and cords back in the day, I think my trainers matched on this occassion, proper Ginger I was then though!
  • SE7toSG3 said:

resurrecting as found an old photo of me wearing a Fila BJ, Pringle and cords back in the day, I think my trainers matched on this occassion, proper Ginger I was then though!

Minus the 'Charlie Nicholas'!