Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wimbledon 2017

Comments

• Options

Those projected QFs, never mind the semis looks mouthwatering.
    A couple will get knocked out along the way, the draw very rarely ends up running exactly by seedings. Wawrinka to beat Murray too (sadly) on current form.
    The main men are pretty consistent though,didn't 7 out of the top 8 reach the QF in Paris?

Wawrinka has a very poor record at Wimbledon, so I would expect Murray to win if he's fit and playing well
  • Options

Placed my bet, stuck a tenner on a Wawrinka and Wozniacki outright champions double @ 883/1.

I think Feds might do it one more time this year. Would love to see that, almost as much as I'd love to Murray win it again.
  • Options
    edited June 2017

Venus Williams' participation in Wimbledon this year could be in doubt.

Sounds as though she was in a car accident at the beginning of the month which saw a 78-year old man losing his life (RIP) seems to have been the fault of Venus as well for jumping a red light - Be interesting if she takes part now.

(Not based on the fact if she should be allowed yet more based on her current mindset)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40452270

Whilst it is unclear as to what happened, the link does not say Venus jumped a red light.

It is more likely Venus, (according to her solicitor), was travelling at 5mph, went through a green light, the junction wasn't clear, causing her to stop.
    A vehicle then ploughed into her (possibly side on).
  • Options

Those projected QFs, never mind the semis looks mouthwatering.
    A couple will get knocked out along the way, the draw very rarely ends up running exactly by seedings. Wawrinka to beat Murray too (sadly) on current form.
    The main men are pretty consistent though,didn't 7 out of the top 8 reach the QF in Paris?

Wawrinka has a very poor record at Wimbledon, so I would expect Murray to win if he's fit and playing well
  • Options
    Saw a bit of Murray practicing today and he does not look fit, I've got a feeling he will withdraw over the weekend.

Konta's back injury by all accounts is not looking like it will heal enough for her to take part either, could be a bit of a disaster for the tournament organisers if the 2 home number 1's withdraw.
  • Options

Saw a bit of Murray practicing today and he does not look fit, I've got a feeling he will withdraw over the weekend.

Konta's back injury by all accounts is not looking like it will heal enough for her to take part either, could be a bit of a disaster for the tournament organisers if the 2 home number 1's withdraw.

The reports on Murray didn't sound good. I can't see him pulling out though, as what's there to protect himself from? No Olympics, the US open isn't for 2 months, and we're out of the Davis Cup

At least we still have Kyle Edmund and Dan Evans
  • Options
    Murray first on Centre Court at 1pm tomorrow. Nadal second on Court 1 and Wawrinka third on Centre Court.

In the morning, they'll probably be covering Cameron Norrie's match against Tsonga on Court 2.
  • Options
    Looking forward to it. Probably the most open men's competition in many years, really not sure who'll win it.
  • Options
    Two Brits in early action...

Laura Robson already been broken in the First-Set (losing 2-1)
    Cameron Norrie has just started against Jo-Tsonga and has won the first game, that'll settle his nerves
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Robson lost first set 6-4.

Norrie lost first set 6-3.
  • Options
    Robson on the brink of going out in the first round to Beatriz Haddad Maia.

Norrie now 2 sets down against Tsonga.

Murray due on Centre Court in 15-20 minutes.
  • Options
    Robson out. 6-4 6-2
  • Options
    Nick Kyrgios is out. After going 2-0 down, retired hurt in the third set.
  • Options
    Murray playing well, 5-1 up, but not looking 100% fit
  • Options
    6-1 to Murray.
  • Options

I can't stand him. Probably about as injured as Steve Brown when he got sent off and left the pitch to a hail of brochures
  • Options

Murray playing well, 5-1 up, but not looking 100% fit

First opponent I've seen Murray face where I really feel sorry for them.

He's absolutely destroying Bublik at the moment and isnt giving him a chance, feels like he's almost toying with the poor lad - Spin it on its head though and its a day I'm sure Bublik will never forget and not too early a challenge will help Andy's fitness
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

I can't stand him. Probably about as injured as Steve Brown when he got sent off and left the pitch to a hail of brochures
    He was limping.
  • Options
    Bit of a walk in the park for Murray atm.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dustin Brown beats Sousa. Brown will play Murray or Bublik in the second round.
  • Options
    Best thing for him, get out there, win as quick as possible, get more rest and treatment.
  • Options
    Great to see him actually doing what he should at last, but I can't see him lasting to the finals with his injury.
  • Options
    Phew... Murray 0-40 when serving for the set... Brings it back to Duece
  • Options
    WHAT.A.SHOT... MURRAY!! - Advantage!!
  • Options
    Murray saved three break points to win second set 6-4.
  • Options
    Next set could be interesting... Bublik seems to be getting over his nerves
  • Options

Great to see him actually doing what he should at last, but I can't see him lasting to the finals with his injury.

Personally i don't think his injury is as bad as some are making out.
    He said himself that he feels fine and the way he is playing I believe him
  • Options
    Two double faults in a row. Gift for Murray, broken serve in first game of the third set.

This should be over pretty quick from here.
  • Options
    Already raining!!! Every year at Wimbledon...