Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Love Island

Comments

• Options
    What an absolutely tragic story.  So Iit appears he was beautiful on the inside as well as the outside, something not many of us would have realised when he was on the show.  His dear Nan must have meant the absolute world to him.
  • Options
    Reality TV is a cesspit - I can't see it doing much for the mental health of those who take part in it.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Lost his best mate, then his nan. At 26 that is no age to die.

Reality TV cannot be blamed for this. It's clear that he, like many others really struggled with two losses in quick succession.

RIP Mike.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Reality TV cannot be blamed for this. It's clear that he, like many others really struggled with two losses in quick succession.

RIP Mike.
    Instant fame for doing nothing of any merit - can't do your mental health any good. He certainly won't have committed suicide because his grandma died.

These programs have no interest in looking after their participants and all this for cheap entertainment.
  • Options
    Reality TV is a cesspit - I can't see it doing much for the mental health of those who take part in it.

Dazzler21 said:

RIP Mike.
    Instant fame for doing nothing of any merit - can't do your mental health any good. He certainly won't have committed suicide because his grandma died.

These programs have no interest in looking after their participants and all this for cheap entertainment.

So you're not going to be pay any respects through a simple "RIP" to the bloke then, just state the reasons why, in your opinion, he did or didn't take his own life. Classy
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

RIP Mike.

So you're not going to be pay any respects through a simple "RIP" to the bloke then, just state the reasons why, in your opinion, he did or didn't take his own life. Classy
    As far as I'm aware I can express my concern re mental health - sorry if that's a problem for you.

I'm pretty pissed off at the damage these vacuous programmes do to the mental health of the participants - plenty of those involved have spoken out about the lack of support.

I'm more concerned about the explosion of mental health issues amongst the young than I am about cheap entertainment. It's a tragedy this guy has died so young and I very much doubt his exposure to reality TV helped him

I feel angry and upset about people being exploited - that's obviously my personal view and it's out of concern. 

• Options
    RIP to Michael. So sad when a young person dies. 

Nan and friend dying, big tax bill and lack of work (according to some reports)all played a part in his death.

The big problem is when you achieve your 15 minutes of fame, the feeling is so ephemeral and fleeting that the ego takes such a bashing when you become "so last year"

I don't watch any of the reality programs other than "Come dine with me"  so I didn't know who he was until my son said he had played non League including Ebbsfleet.

My daughter would know of him as she's in "show business" but is abroad in a show in Dubai for 3 months after two months work in a west end panto. More at the singing, dancing, acting and modeling part of the business.

The problem with the reality side is it's hard to work out what the talents are ?  Most can't dance, sing or act, and if your clubbing all night how do you do a photoshoot at 10AM unless the idea is you look rough.

Reality programs are a misnomer as they are all scripted (a template to help the story lines along) 
  • Options
    New series starts tonight. 
  • Options
    Can't wait....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Will probably watch it.  Pass judgement on them all and then tune in in a couple of weeks to see if my sweeping generalisations were correct and the blokes are all twats and the girls all slappers.

I expect this one will be toned down massively following recent "reality suicides".  Anything that's remotely dramatic will be edited out and it will be a yawnfest.
  • Options
    2 of the guys setting world records by being pied off whilst still standing in the line up by the girls who originally chose them
  • Options
    got to be the easiest show to have a perv up whilst sat with the mrs 
    "Oh okay darling, turn it on if you want.  I didn't want to watch the football tonight".
  • Options
    Amber and Lucie are very fit, others pretty average. 
  • Options
    Anton is a fist

• Options
    Anton is an absolute bellend. 
  • Options
    Anton is a cock
  • Options
    Bit behind but I'm guessing Anton does or says something to make himself look a dick. 
  • Options
    Yh he's a knob. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How long before the photos of the birds start doing the rounds on What’s app?
  • Options
    Really can't be bothered with it this year.
  • Options

Lucie>Amber>Clearly miles better than the others obv Lucie slightly better for me

Amy seems alright, find it hard to imagine she has actually never had a bf

Others wouldn't really stand out from the crowd, but they are not my cup of tea either.

• Options
    Amy never had a boyfriend = I just have loads of orgys with pilots.
  • Options
    Think the formula has got boring very quickly. Add to that the recent contestant  suicides and I think the producers now have to tread very carefully on how much they mess with people's heads on the show. 
  • Options
    Close this thread

sorry who made you boss? if you don't like it don't click the thread.....

Think the formula has got boring very quickly. Add to that the recent contestant  suicides and I think the producers now have to tread very carefully on how much they mess with people's heads on the show. 

Potentially it is pretty much the same most years now, will watch first week and see if can get into it. I do think a lot of it is set up now like Geordie Shore (which I also watch) but take it for what it is a gameshow where they are either put in situations which are set up or could potentially be completely made up, don't take it too seriously.

I wont comment much on the suicides as it is a bit disrespectful without knowing the full situation, agreed it cant help but like anything in life you cant just pin it on the show like with many others. Mental health is a major issue these days regardless whether its people on TV, sports personality. Also re: Jeremy Kyle (which I don't watch) this is one person out of countless years of being on, yes it might have been hugely significant but still the amount of shows/ people who have been on, its always possible regardless where people come from its just highlighted as they are on TV

• Options
    surfer bird is decent, can see her being the one constantly recoupling this year.