Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Entire Russia squad being investigated by FIFA

2»

Comments

• What makes you think they haven't

Just the way you said in your post that they've mainly concentrated on the Youth side of things.

Are there quite a few Diego Costa types in the Qatari National Team then?
  • Long term focus is on youth, but there are a small number of South Americans playing at the moment, one Uruguyan and 2 Brazilians have naturalised and play for the national team.

Each club here in the league has a kind of 'marquee' player so to speak, and these South Americans started out in this position.
    Xavi is the major star at the moment though, and does a fair bit of work with the younger age-group squads at the national academy.
  • cabbles said:

The choices for the next two world cup hosts are looking better and better. Well done FIFA

100% this

2018 we can all go and get our heads kicked in after one of their officials endorsed violence among football fans as 'it's just what they do'

2022 we can admire plasticity at its best and celebrate Beyoncé giving us a song at the World Cup final whilst remembering that migrant nobodies died building the stadium they play it in

So here's to violence and migrant deaths - hooray for FIFA
    Least 2026 should be a good year for FIFA to regain some credibility with Mexico | USA | Canada coming together to host which should be an easy decision to get the FBI off their backs

2030 will be a free for all again though, especially when ASEAN (see below link) wins!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_World_Cup_hosts#2030_FIFA_World_Cup
    WTF that's 10 countries. Are they all expecting a place in the tournament?
    Not to mention the World Rankings are as follows for each

Philippines (126) | Thailand (127) | Vietnam (131) | Malaysia (155) | Singapore (157)
    Myanmar (163) | Laos (172) | Cambodia (174) | Indonesia (175) | Brunei (188)

They'd all get spanked at the World Cup Finals seeing that none of them (other than Thailand this campaign) have got close to the World Cup... Qatar in five years is going to be a perfect example of how pitiful the host country will be at actually playing the game compared to the other Nations that Qualify - Thankfully there have a been a lot of "bids" over the years that dont actually go anywhere.
    Having been to most of the countries on that list, I can confirm it'd be a f****** disaster.

Laos can't even manage proper roads, let alone hosting a tournament.

South East Asia is, in my opinion, the most beautiful part of the world. It is not exactly big on infrastructure though....

Surely by 2030 we'll have hover-cars. I've been waiting since my childhood for gravity defying personal transport. If the World Cup goes to a country without any roads and there are no hover-cars in situ then it really shows how corrupt FIFA are.
  • What makes you think they haven't

From what I remember of the Asian Cup here in Oz the Qataris didn't have any Brazilians in the squad, some of the other middle-eastern teams had the usual 2-3 Brazilian journeymen but not Qatar.
  • milo said:

cabbles said:

The choices for the next two world cup hosts are looking better and better. Well done FIFA

100% this

2018 we can all go and get our heads kicked in after one of their officials endorsed violence among football fans as 'it's just what they do'

2022 we can admire plasticity at its best and celebrate Beyoncé giving us a song at the World Cup final whilst remembering that migrant nobodies died building the stadium they play it in

So here's to violence and migrant deaths - hooray for FIFA
    Least 2026 should be a good year for FIFA to regain some credibility with Mexico | USA | Canada coming together to host which should be an easy decision to get the FBI off their backs

2030 will be a free for all again though, especially when ASEAN (see below link) wins!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_World_Cup_hosts#2030_FIFA_World_Cup
    WTF that's 10 countries. Are they all expecting a place in the tournament?
    Not to mention the World Rankings are as follows for each

Philippines (126) | Thailand (127) | Vietnam (131) | Malaysia (155) | Singapore (157)
    Myanmar (163) | Laos (172) | Cambodia (174) | Indonesia (175) | Brunei (188)

They'd all get spanked at the World Cup Finals seeing that none of them (other than Thailand this campaign) have got close to the World Cup... Qatar in five years is going to be a perfect example of how pitiful the host country will be at actually playing the game compared to the other Nations that Qualify - Thankfully there have a been a lot of "bids" over the years that dont actually go anywhere.
    Having been to most of the countries on that list, I can confirm it'd be a f****** disaster.

Laos can't even manage proper roads, let alone hosting a tournament.

South East Asia is, in my opinion, the most beautiful part of the world. It is not exactly big on infrastructure though....

Surely by 2030 we'll have hover-cars. I've been waiting since my childhood for gravity defying personal transport. If the World Cup goes to a country without any roads and there are no hover-cars in situ then it really shows how corrupt FIFA are.
    Wouldn't they create a sandstorm though?