Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

March against terrorism yesterday in London

124»

Comments

• Options
    cafctom said:

Uboat said:

cafctom said:

Uboat said:

cafctom said:

Uboat said:

cafctom said:

Uboat said:

cafctom said:

Uboat said:

I wonder what % of those attending the march would align themselves with the EDL.

My guess would be 90%.

My guess is that you're talking shite about something you didn't even attend.
    What's your estimate?
    I've no idea, but as you're confident enough to put a number on it why don't you tell us your reasons behind why you think 90% align themselves with EDL?

After you....
    Football fans, especially in London, lean to the right in my experience. The coverage that I saw focused especially on West Ham and Millwall, so even more right wing.
    Most people don't go on marches, even about issues they agree with, so you terms to get the most committed to the cause.
    I saw quite a few videos and other coverage and it looked as expected.
    There was quite a lot of comment on social media grin those in support of the march who basically gave the game away.
    OK, so your opinion that London football fans 'lean to the right' is a little far off from the statement that '90% are aligned with the EDL' .

What do you mean by 'it looked as expected'? They are on a march airing their anger about a cause they're passionate about. Does that make them 'EDL' like? The mass marches from Charlton fans over the past couple of years are surely the same in your view then?
    Charlton fans aren't typical of London, in my view and those on the right of our support were the last to come over to the protests.

So what's your estimate?
    I don't have an estimate because I wasn't there and didn't actually know about it until reading this thread - therefore wouldn't be so judgemental about it as yourself.
    Okay, well I can help you there.
    It was about 90%.
    OK then brainbox tell me why they didn't go to the actual EDL march going on the same day then?

Still waiting.
  • Options
    my only critique of it is the social media " west ham, millwall, chelsea lads marching against terrorism " there was a lot more than those 3 clubs represented.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

cafctom said:

Uboat said:

cafctom said:

Uboat said:

cafctom said:

Uboat said:

cafctom said:

Uboat said:

cafctom said:

Uboat said:

I wonder what % of those attending the march would align themselves with the EDL.

My guess would be 90%.

What's your estimate?
    I've no idea, but as you're confident enough to put a number on it why don't you tell us your reasons behind why you think 90% align themselves with EDL?

After you....
    Football fans, especially in London, lean to the right in my experience. The coverage that I saw focused especially on West Ham and Millwall, so even more right wing.
    Most people don't go on marches, even about issues they agree with, so you terms to get the most committed to the cause.
    There was quite a lot of comment on social media grin those in support of the march who basically gave the game away.
    OK, so your opinion that London football fans 'lean to the right' is a little far off from the statement that '90% are aligned with the EDL' .

What do you mean by 'it looked as expected'? They are on a march airing their anger about a cause they're passionate about. Does that make them 'EDL' like? The mass marches from Charlton fans over the past couple of years are surely the same in your view then?
    Charlton fans aren't typical of London, in my view and those on the right of our support were the last to come over to the protests.

So what's your estimate?
    I don't have an estimate because I wasn't there and didn't actually know about it until reading this thread - therefore wouldn't be so judgemental about it as yourself.
    It was about 90%.
    OK then brainbox tell me why they didn't go to the actual EDL march going on the same day then?

Still waiting.
    I didn't say they were members, just likely to be of a mindset you agree with them. But then what do I know? Apparently I'm a fascist named after a Nazi.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

cafctom said:

cafctom said:

Uboat said:

cafctom said:

Uboat said:

cafctom said:

Uboat said:

cafctom said:

Uboat said:

cafctom said:

Uboat said:

My guess would be 90%.

What's your estimate?

After you....

So what's your estimate?
    It was about 90%.

Still waiting.
    I didn't say they were members, just likely to be of a mindset you agree with them. But then what do I know? Apparently I'm a fascist named after a Nazi.
    So what exactly are you basing it on then? Because the only facts about the purpose of this that you are aware of is that these are people who like football and are against terrorism. With the strange logic you are using you are therefore suggesting that 90% of those on this forum who like football/are against terrorism would likely be of an EDL mindset - which would be completely wrong.

You've said something stupid, so either back it up with some proper evidence or admit it was a stupid thing to say in the first place.
  • Options
    A protest by anything other than a group of lefties or minorities is a fascist plot to undermine the fabric of society.
  • Options
    I know our OB liaison Oz was there
  • Options

well i went. Wasnt sure about it till the morning i feared the worst. Not so much herberts against herberts but what would happen if the snow flake antis turned up ?

PLod were totally bricking it at first im sure one who gave me a leaflet was actually shaking !
    At St Pauls 3 Sikhs gents did the speeches. One mentioned Rotherham and Rochdale and would have had Red Wedge on here foaming at the mouth !

At that stage i thought about 2,000 there, but as we moved off it was very clear there was many more-- my estimate is 5,000 minimum--- age was aprox 40 and all were football lads. No flags-- no singing.

The walk was very quiet and all the groups were mixed.

We got to Borough and people split up. I know the area and slide off in a boozer full of millwall me a lad from Pompey and 2 chaps down from Man City.

Later found our lot with peeps we know from West ham and Millwall --- nice pub and Plod have now totally changed-- in all my years of following football i have never seen Plod like it with Footie herberts EVER--- having a laugh siting down with us -- taking there robo cop gear off !!!! there was one point when LBC reported that people had been fighting on the march when a female Plod who was in charge said she was pissed off --it wasnt true --- nothing had been reported on her radio and she would report that fact to LBC ! no idea if she did .

We all seen the utter chaos that 100 football herberts can do --- imagine 5/10,000 but no windows got smashed -- no shops looted-- no plod hit or spat on. , no one wearing masks.

Some of you red wedge types need to take a long long look at yourselves---the implication in your comments that as this was predominantly white men on this walk so it had to be FAR RIGHT--NEO NAZI or just plain wrong ---- if any of us had said anything even remotely derogatory about a march that was mainly non white you people would be screaming the ceiling down with your usual RACIST bollox. Do tell who are the real racists ?

Im actually pessimistic for this group -- what ever they call themselves--- the media tried to ignore it but to many got the message out--the so called anti fascists (as long as they are white) will crop up at the next one im sure and it will kick off -- non of those lads there would put up with a masked snowflake spiting or throwing piss at them.

Great post
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DA9 yes he was standing not far from us at St Pauls.

Had a Welsh spotter sitting with us outside the pub later on.

of course we know the friendly chats r usually getting info ,but i have to say there seemed to be genuine relief and good will nothing naughty had happened --- they got brought a good few soft drinks and there was non of the talking to you like ur a turd that u get from Plod at footie to often.
  • Options

of course we know the friendly chats r usually getting info ,but i have to say there seemed to be genuine relief and good will nothing naughty had happened --- they got brought a good few soft drinks and there was non of the talking to you like ur a turd that u get from Plod at footie to often.

This makes me feel very good and also really fucking annoyed that the police do have it within their gift to talk to football fans like humans. Slowly with the benefit of alternative media such as independent YouTube channels mindsets are starting to change. The mainstream media have created an industry of sexing up and outright lying to get viewers the magnitude of what happened Saturday is only being reported and shown on independent outlets.

Good on everyone who went
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited June 2017
    Carter said:

This makes me feel very good and also really fucking annoyed that the police do have it within their gift to talk to football fans like humans. Slowly with the benefit of alternative media such as independent YouTube channels mindsets are starting to change. The mainstream media have created an industry of sexing up and outright lying to get viewers the magnitude of what happened Saturday is only being reported and shown on independent outlets.

Good on everyone who went
    In fairness to oz (and previously taff) they have always been very polite and good natured with me in the past and present.
    I know where GH comes from regards info grabbing, but that's their job.
    I have only ever seen them react to someone in a different manner, when that person has pushed it too far, or was in the act of football violence in front of them, only to be expected IMO
    They show respect to the ones that deserve it and talk to them in the same tone, we have some amongst our own "firm" "youth" that irk me, so fuck knows how they cope with them.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Uboat said:

cafctom said:

cafctom said:

Uboat said:

cafctom said:

Uboat said:

cafctom said:

Uboat said:

cafctom said:

Uboat said:

cafctom said:

Uboat said:

My guess would be 90%.

What's your estimate?

After you....

So what's your estimate?
    It was about 90%.

Still waiting.
    So what exactly are you basing it on then? Because the only facts about the purpose of this that you are aware of is that these are people who like football and are against terrorism. With the strange logic you are using you are therefore suggesting that 90% of those on this forum who like football/are against terrorism would likely be of an EDL mindset - which would be completely wrong.

You've said something stupid, so either back it up with some proper evidence or admit it was a stupid thing to say in the first place.
    Well Tom, it's true that I theorised based on not a lot of evidence, which isn't the same as being wrong, though I admit that I probably am wrong. I'm not sure CL is typical of football supporters or the supporters who went on the march, but never mind.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Next time make it a footie lads, ladies, intersex interfaith hugathon and I won't be hmm-ing at all ;)

Oh oh oh if you add "Communist Jew" you might just get a guest appearance from one SDAddick (I hear he's a BIG get at events such as this).
  • Options
    DA9 said:

I know our OB liaison Oz was there

Taffy has bern on em in the past an all
  • Options
    ...so I been told
  • Options
    Groan at this thread

I hadn't opened it, predicted what I'd read and from who...

And they duly obliged

I lose hope little by little

Charlton Life has an interesting cross section of the public... and it doesn't help for me to read it re: issues like this

I'd better just stick to football
  • Options
    About as much use as the local authorities who declared themselves as against the nuclear deterrent in the 80s. It won't make any difference but if it makes you feel better...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Groan at this thread

I hadn't opened it, predicted what I'd read and from who...

And they duly obliged

I lose hope little by little

Charlton Life has an interesting cross section of the public... and it doesn't help for me to read it re: issues like this

I'd better just stick to football

Bit precious, aren't you?
  • Options

actually it did make me feel better---aprox 10,000 mainly white males march/walk without their faces covered, without looting,smashing,spiting and attacking Plod--- fascists obviously as they were white men---but yep i did feel better ---thanks for asking tho it means a lot.

You think they were fascists, because they were white men?