Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

March against terrorism yesterday in London

Comments

• Options

se9addick said:

Why hmmmm out of interest Se9?

I don't see how this can be construed as a bad thing. Everyone was saying after the last attack that enough is enough, we need to do something, this can't go on etc etc.

The man on the street does not have a vast array of opportunities to influence things but we can March peacefully, in numbers, to show solidarity.

I went on one of these in 2006 when there were about 80 people on it. There may have been up to 5k yesterday. It's good that people don't feel ashamed or unable to march against what they believe in.

I liked the Millwall and West Ham flowers together at the front. Some things are bigger than football.

And it should also be highlighted to show that not every March like this is a racist, far right, aggro thing. It can be simply the average man showing he is angry and fed up and wanting to show this and people deserve to know this.

That's the second time you've told us it "wasn't racist"/linked to EDL etc, why dost thou protest so much ?
    Why do you think? Because any March/protest like this is always linked to them and then dismissed out of hand.

It's very easy to dismiss a movement or message when it's incorrectly and unfairly linked to another group.

The people who went to the time and effort to arrange this March and stop it being hijacked deserve the credit that it would otherwise not get, as soon as some uninformed person links it to the EDL etc.

That's why I'm reiterating the fact.
    Good on them yesterday.

• Options
    edited June 2017
  • Options
    Gutted I was working yesterday otherwise would certainly have attended. Respect to all those that did.
  • Options
    Another one being planned for Oct apparently.
  • Options
    I wonder what % of those attending the march would align themselves with the EDL.

My guess would be 90%.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

I wonder what % of those attending the march would align themselves with the EDL.

My guess would be 90%.

I doubt it as if so they would have joined the hundred people who matched with the racist and rapidly declining EDL tossers.

• Options
    cafctom said:

Uboat said:

My guess would be 90%.

My guess is that you're talking shite about something you didn't even attend.
    What's your estimate?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Probably the same amount who'd name themselves like a nazi boat

Uboats existed before the Nazis, so you're clueless as usual.
  • Options

Uboat said:

My guess would be 90%.

What difference does it make if it was 9% or 99%?

Are you joking?
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Uboat said:

My guess would be 90%.

Let's be controversial and wind people up.

• Options
    Were uboats used by the nazis is your user name Uboat

Not really that clueless naziboat
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    stonemuse said:

Uboat said:

My guess would be 90%.

You seem very sensitive about it. Why's that I wonder?
  • Options

No idea what any of that means.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

My guess would be 90%.

Wouldn't anyone aligning themselves with the EDL have travelled a few miles away to where the EDL were marching on the same day?

Stupid question really.
  • Options

Uboat said:

My guess would be 90%.

Wouldn't anyone aligning themselves with the EDL have travelled a few miles away to where the EDL were marching on the same day?

Stupid question really.
    What's your guess?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    u boat is the only far right item on this page
  • Options
    Uboat said:

No idea what any of that means.
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    Uboat said:

stonemuse said:

Uboat said:

My guess would be 90%.

You seem very sensitive about it. Why's that I wonder?
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options

u boat is the only far right item on this page

Go to bed. You're talking drivel.
  • Options
    still right though
  • Options
    Like you, I ain't got a clue tbh. No doubt some would have sympathies with SOME EDL narrative, just like if you took 5k people in any walk of life. Equally some would not share a single common theme.

Surely the point is that the thousands on this March chose to attend this one, which was openly diverse. There was a Muslim speaker for Christ sake, who was applauded to a man. They did not choose to attend the EDL one a few miles away.

I think that says all that needs to be said about people's intentions and motives.

• Options
    Okay, you win. I am a far-right item.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

cafctom said:

Uboat said:

My guess would be 90%.

My guess is that you're talking shite about something you didn't even attend.
    What's your estimate?
    I've no idea, but as you're confident enough to put a number on it why don't you tell us your reasons behind why you think 90% align themselves with EDL?

After you....
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Okay, you win. I am a far-right item.