Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dan Evans fails drugs test (for cocaine)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/40387574

What an idiot, just when he's finally knuckled down and achieved some relative success in his tennis career, he does this...

Comments

• Options

What an idiot, just when he's finally knuckled down and achieved some relative success in his tennis career, he does this...

Come on, which one of us, at some point in our lives, hasn't been number 41 tennis player in the world and fancied a bit class A off a groupies back?

Fair point!
  • Options
    He is a silly lad but I am not sure why it constitutes more than a ticking off as not performance related.
  • Options

Come on, which one of us, at some point in our lives, hasn't been number 41 tennis player in the world and fancied a bit class A off a groupies back?

I remember when I was about 8 and really fancied a bit in my Class at the time
  • Options

He is a silly lad but I am not sure why it constitutes more than a ticking off as not performance related.

Depends what he had in front of him at the time and exactly what kind of performance we're talking about.......or so I'm told....aghem.
  • Options
    #Lad
  • Options
    The only difference between alcohol and cocaine is that one is legal and one is illegal.
    Niether will improve your performance unless you are having a shag.

Allegedly
  • Options
    Fair play to him for owning up rather than pretending his drink was spiked or he kissed a girl who had been snorting some powder. I actually like him more after this news.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Fair play to him for owning up rather than pretending his drink was spiked or he kissed a girl who had been snorting some powder. I actually like him more after this news.

Yes, full marks to taking it full on, rather than coming out with some bullsh*t excuse. Hopefully the disciplinary panel won't punish him extra for his admission of guilt
  • Options

Cocaine doesnt make fat birds attractive.

That's down to the 8 pints that go with it ;-)
  • Options
    Who?
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    JaShea99 said:

Who?

And that's the thing isn't it? He's a top 50 tennis player. Who couldn't name the top(ish) 50 football players in the UK, let alone the world!
    That sort of ranking would easily put him in a top six premier league club if he was a footballer. Meanwhile, Liverpool have just paid a club record fee for someone I've never heard of, bloke called Mixed Salad or something. I think he's actually Sacha Baron Cohen and it's all a spoof. Probably the biggest one the bin dippers have fallen for since they bought Andy Carroll. (Although they since also paid actual folding stuff for Alberto Moreno too.)
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

JaShea99 said:

Who?

And that's the thing isn't it? He's a top 50 tennis player. Who couldn't name the top(ish) 50 football players in the UK, let alone the world!
    That sort of ranking would easily put him in a top six premier league club if he was a footballer. Meanwhile, Liverpool have just paid a club record fee for someone I've never heard of, bloke called Mixed Salad or something. I think he's actually Sacha Baron Cohen and it's all a spoof. Probably the biggest one the bin dippers have fallen for since they bought Andy Carroll. (Although they since also paid actual folding stuff for Alberto Moreno too.)
    He's only not a headline name because we've got used to Andy Murray being a top 4 players for 10 years now, and being a world star. 20 years ago a British tennis player getting to the top 50 would have been major news
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

JaShea99 said:

Who?

So you're a fan in general of Liverpool then?
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

cafcfan said:

JaShea99 said:

Who?

So you're a fan in general of Liverpool then?
    Why would I be?
  • Options
    Can't believe he's earned over a million from a mediocre career!
  • Options

Spread over 11 years though it really isn't a great deal of money, add the fact that 319k was this year means that over the previous 10 years had quite a standard income but was a professional sportsman with the costs of travelling the world on a regular basis.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Yeah, daft - but about the same as Jorge Teixeira earned was paid in a year and a half playing not playing for a mediocre team in League One!
  • Options

Spread over 11 years though it really isn't a great deal of money, add the fact that 319k was this year means that over the previous 10 years had quite a standard income but was a professional sportsman with the costs of travelling the world on a regular basis.

Yes,tennis is a very expensive sport as everything comes out of your pocket unless you can get sponsors or boards to help you. Fly to Azerbaijan for a tournament, go out in the first round with a cheque that will barely cover accommodation and the flights
  • Options
    Always felt there was something iffy about him. His bailing out on a Davis Cup match weekend yet being fit enough to play an ATP tournament in the US on the Monday confirmed that feeling and finished him as an individual to like and respect for me.

I will always support the British players (even him) as a patriot.

On the other hand Kyle Edmund seems a personable young man and may yet have the ability go all the way.

Murray and Edmund deserve respect the druggy Brummy does not.

• Options

The only difference between alcohol and cocaine is that one is legal and one is illegal.
    Niether will improve your performance unless you are having a shag.

Allegedly

Cocaine could be used to aid weight loss and also allow someone else to train longer during the out of competition phase.

• Options

Since when has being top 50 in your profession become mediocre?
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    LenGlover said:

Always felt there was something iffy about him. His bailing out on a Davis Cup match weekend yet being fit enough to play an ATP tournament in the US on the Monday confirmed that feeling and finished him as an individual to like and respect for me.

I will always support the British players (even him) as a patriot.

On the other hand Kyle Edmund seems a personable young man and may yet have the ability go all the way.

Murray and Edmund deserve respect the druggy Brummy does not.

I forgot about that incident. A real shame James Ward has declined so much as I thought he was harshly treated when left out of the singles for the Davis Cup final in 2015
  • Options
    Is he the one that's jackos mate?