Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kraftwerk 3D

I was lucky enough to get tickets for their gig at The Royal Albert Hall, last night. Has to be one of the best gigs I've been too in a very long while.

For a band to have been around as long as they have and to have such an outstanding back catologue of work, that dates back probably 40 years is amazing.

I got home and googled a couple of those compilation lists, "100 top bands of all time" and they don't even get a mention, that astounds me.

And yet an overrated band like Nirvana who were around for 2 seconds, are in every fucking compilation list going, beggars belief!!!!

Of course I'm a fan and probably biased but even so.

Comments

• Options
    I'm off to see them tonight , cant wait my first time .
  • Options
    How does the 3D thing work? I'm struggling to think of any 2D gig's I've been to in the past....
  • Options
    fadgadget said:

I'm off to see them tonight , cant wait my first time .

Hope it's as good for you, as it was for me.
  • Options
    bbob said:

How does the 3D thing work? I'm struggling to think of any 2D gig's I've been to in the past....

Same as the cinema, you wear those glasses that are given out to everyone.
  • Options
    Great Live band that i have seen 3 times in the month of July.
    July 3rd 1981 Hammersmith Odeon London
    July 15th 1991 Hummingbird Birmingham
    July 20th 1991 Brixton Academy
  • Options
    I have Neon Lights on a fluorescent 12" single. Not really into them just thought it looked cool in the early 80's.
  • Options
    Saw them a few years back at T in the Park, still sounds like the future.
  • Options
    The 1981 Hammersmith gig was the only other time I've seen them.

I seem to remember that was a pretty gig too, mind you, I was on Acid at the time.
  • Options

I have Neon Lights on a fluorescent 12" single. Not really into them just thought it looked cool in the early 80's.

Used to fall asleep to that playing on my gramophone. It lit up the whole room.

• Options
    Addickted said:

Used to fall asleep to that playing on my gramophone. It lit up the whole room.

me too.....and a good song to go to sleep to
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I was lucky enough to get tickets for their gig at The Royal Albert Hall, last night. Has to be one of the best gigs I've been too in a very long while.

For a band to have been around as long as they have and to have such an outstanding back catologue of work, that dates back probably 40 years is amazing.

I got home and googled a couple of those compilation lists, "100 top bands of all time" and they don't even get a mention, that astounds me.

And yet an overrated band like Nirvana who were around for 2 seconds, are in every fucking compilation list going, beggars belief!!!!

Of course I'm a fan and probably biased but even so.

Seen them a few times since the 70's. Always very polished. I last saw them at Sydney's Vivid, must be three years ago. Had to enter a lottery for tickets at the Opera House where they did two very different sets every night for I think it was 5 nights. I got to see them twice so I was pretty lucky as each night was a sell out.