Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So how are we quenching our thirsts in this heatwave?

I'm drinking San Pelligrino Chinotto and Pompelmo- extra cold by putting in freezer for 40 mins from fridge - You can't get any more refreshing IMO.

Comments

• Options
    Ice cold ginger beer and Captain Morgan, muddled with limes and served over ice
  • Options

I'm drinking San Pelligrino Chinotto and Pompelmo- extra cold by putting in freezer for 40 mins from fridge - You can't get any more refreshing IMO.

That chinotto is a weird one. Horrible but weirdly fascinating. I don't know if I like it or not.
  • Options
    Fray bentos pies
  • Options
    Ginger beer with ice and lemon. Repeat.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Yes, keep at it - you start not being sure if you liek it or not - you are getting there with the Chinotto - when you get over the wall you will love it completely. Extra cold though and in a glass - that is essential.
  • Options
    I am slumped on a sun lounger in the garden in my pants and haven't even the energy to go to the fridge.

Ice cold bottle of Bud is going to be treated like a cheap whore soon though
  • Options

I am slumped on a sun lounger in the garden in my pants and haven't even the energy to go to the fridge.

To much information: )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2017
    I'm sure AFKA knows how narrow the neck is! Please don't embaress him further. I've still got some bottles of Jupiler from our Belgian protest - I'll be drinking one of those later.
  • Options
    Ha, I meant brutally quick and with no love, rather than an actual physical act!
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Having been out in Haiti with an Irish NGO, in really hot weather, while you may want to drink ice cold water (beer), you will rehydrate more efficiently with water that is close to body temperature (a bit cooler than you, but not cold - so, if drinking beer, it does sound like real ale should be the option).

If it's really hot, ice cold water will give you stomach cramps.

It might also be worth occasionally considering something like electrolytes (Dioralyte or the nicer sports tablets like High5, which may also contain magnesium or caffeine to wake you up, in a bottle of water), you can make your own with sugar and salt (I think it's a 7:1 mixture), or just drink a Coke or Seven Up.

Or, alternatively get a tub of ice cream and a spoon and a stick, and use the stick to beat off any approaching family members until such a time as the ice cream is nothing more than a hazy memory.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Ice cold ginger beer and Captain Morgan, muddled with limes and served over ice

Better with Cockspur IMHO......but CM isn't bad by any means.
  • Options
    Same as lunch time, couple of pints of Stella
  • Options

Deep fried mars bars

• Options
    In the last few days quite a few Campari and lemonades (with ice and a slice of orange), have been consumed in the SoundAs household.
  • Options

Deep fried mars bars

And washed down wi a Jack'n'Brew
  • Options
    Lots of chilled water.
  • Options
    With most of my wardrobe contents as well as my beer fridge censored by CL I'm relaxing with a cup of tea in my old nans bone China cups while wearing a beige chinos with elasticated waistband along with a pair of suede hush puppies. All this while listening to my The Best of Roger Whitaker cassette. ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    T.C.E said:

With most of my wardrobe contents as well as my beer fridge censored by CL I'm relaxing with a cup of tea in my old nans bone China cups while wearing a beige chinos with elasticated waistband along with a pair of suede hush puppies. All this while listening to my The Best of Roger Whitaker cassette. ;)

It's too hot to Roger in this heatwave.
  • Options
    Mrkinski said:

T.C.E said:

It's too hot to Roger in this heatwave.
    Depends how cool you are. ;-)
  • Options

You not on the g & ts tonight then
  • Options
    Yep sitting here in me boxers cans of Strongbow looking out on the garden nearly done now.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Yep sitting here in me boxers cans of Strongbow looking out on the garden nearly done now.

I've got some topsoil if you need any.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Lots of chilled water.

W C Fields once said.
    "I never drink water, fish fuck in it."
  • Options
    Down here in Sunny Cornwall, in the last 30 minutes the heat has been overcome by a damp sea mist suddenly sweeping in.

So a cup of tea.

• Options

clb74 said:

I've got some topsoil if you need any.
    F@ck the topsoil on a job today had a 5 ton delivery turn up at 12 hottest part of the day
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Ginger beer with ice and lemon. Repeat.

What sort of ginger beer, @Davo55? Some are fabulous, most are way too sweet and cloying.
    Have you found a decent one?

• Options

Ha, I meant brutally quick and with no love, rather than an actual physical act!

Sounds like my teenage years