Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Plymouth advance train tickets

Comments

• J BLOCK said:

Anyone one know the distances between ground and town centre?

About a 25min walk.

J BLOCK said:

Anyone one know the distances between ground and town centre?

About a 25min walk.
    But keep walking to the bits I mentioned above for another 20+. there is a 'spoons about 5 mins from the ground.
    Perfect, thanks chaps
  • fuck me 7.06

Not a lightweight like you!
    what train you on??
    Only doing Bradford away up till Christmas.

I have had enough of these pricks.

• Anybody thinking of staying over in Devon in August for the two away games (Fanny?)? If you re on the 9th and 10th is a Firework championship (World, Euro, UK???) it is meant to be spectacular particularly when viewed from the Hoe.
  • many heading down for this? just had a quick look on footballgroundguide and the only away pub they list is the britannia which is a wetherspoons, think plymouth can be quite a lively bunch, any recomendations welcomed as 1st visit.
  • Yep heading down, be careful when selecting a pub in Plymouth, some can be a bit rough.
  • Anybody thinking of staying over in Devon in August for the two away games (Fanny?)? If you re on the 9th and 10th is a Firework championship (World, Euro, UK???) it is meant to be spectacular particularly when viewed from the Hoe.

Yes, thanks for the tip. Sounds like an interesting thing to do. Just looked it up and it's the British Fireworks Champs.
  • cafcfan said:

Anybody thinking of staying over in Devon in August for the two away games (Fanny?)? If you re on the 9th and 10th is a Firework championship (World, Euro, UK???) it is meant to be spectacular particularly when viewed from the Hoe.

Yes, thanks for the tip. Sounds like an interesting thing to do. Just looked it up and it's the British Fireworks Champs.
    was unintentionally in monaco on a day trip when it was held there, was absolutely unreal these arent just your average fireworks, there all set to music, and pretty spectacular, i think poland won.
  • se9addick said:

Yep heading down, be careful when selecting a pub woman in Plymouth, some can be a bit rough.

Fixed that for you. :wink:
  • Got my train ticket.

I'll be there for the weekend, but will miss the fireworks

I think I caught that or similar in Blackpool last year, the evening before the Fleetwood game, really impressive but really wet!
  • Sponsored links:

• 3 of us doing an over nighter
  • J BLOCK said:

3 of us doing an over nighter

Were there no trains in the morning?
  • It was one of the only away games I was looking forward to this year as I know Plymouth very well but I'll be on an all-dayer in Bournemouth instead now. Ohh well.
  • was looking forward to this game but it's come too early in the season for a reasonably priced few days away .. 350 miles each way from me, too far to drive in comfort .. train fares around £90 return for a 7 hour e/w journey, with a discount and reasonably priced hotels in the area are fully booked .. so, unfortunately .. feck it ((:>) .. good luck to all westward hoers
  • was looking forward to this game but it's come too early in the season for a reasonably priced few days away .. 350 miles each way from me, too far to drive in comfort .. train fares around £90 return for a 7 hour e/w journey, with a discount and reasonably priced hotels in the area are fully booked .. so, unfortunately .. feck it ((:>) .. good luck to all westward hoers

There a few guest houses in Plymouth which are cheaper

I'm staying in Torquay as a base for both Exeter and Plymouth away. Far cheaper to stay than in Plymouth and the train is only about 50 mins £7.80 return from Plymouth. Same for Exeter too. Staying Tuesday to Sunday.

thanks @killerandflash , BUT I prefer 'real' hotels, I don't really like b&bs/guest houses .. I like to get a good hotel 'winter discount' so book well in advance .. it's not worth the long trip west unless I stay for 4/5 days ..
    so after Brovers @ the Valley my 1st away day will be @ the Millers, followed by Fleetwood (cheap hotel booked in Lancaster) then probably Bradford, might make it to Oldham after Rotherham .. we will see
  • Really ? 600 is very poor ("summer holidays" etc).

Maybe the decent performance on Saturday will encourage a few more but I'd imagine trains are eye wateringly expensive now.
  • Sponsored links:

• for all the " im only going away games etc" we haven't even sold out 604 tickets to Plymouth, i think that's pretty poor tbh. we slag millwall off etc but they did take 3 times that up to nottingham forest on a friday night ( hassle getting time off work etc )

Elfsborg will be along in a minute blaming the Belgians.
  • it just shows what Roland and co have done i think, when you look at bury last season seemed a lot more than 600 there and that was a slag of a journey etc.

my trains were £41.00

9.06am out

17.54 back

today would cost £110.00.
  • from the os ( as still available would imply that tickets have not sold out )

Plymouth Argyle v Charlton - Saturday, August 12th (3pm)

Tickets for Charlton’s first away league fixture of 2017/18, against Plymouth Argyle, are now on sale.

We have been handed an initial allocation of 604 and tickets can be purchased online by clicking here.

Adults: £21

Over 65s: £16

Under 22: £16

Under 18: £8

A family ticket, which is a separate allocation is available at £27 (one adult and one Under 18).
  • Chuff away numbers and Charlton go hand in hand
  • for all the " im only going away games etc" we haven't even sold out 604 tickets to Plymouth, i think that's pretty poor tbh. we slag millwall off etc but they did take 3 times that up to nottingham forest on a friday night ( hassle getting time off work etc )

That's what I would love to know. I'm one of them, last home game was against Burnley, I did a load of aways last season and I'll be at Plymouth but where's everyone else?

Hilariously I see comments about supporting the team, not the regime by ending the home game boycott! Would be great to see some fans ending their lifetime long away game boycott.
  • edited August 2017

for all the " im only going away games etc" we haven't even sold out 604 tickets to Plymouth, i think that's pretty poor tbh. we slag millwall off etc but they did take 3 times that up to nottingham forest on a friday night ( hassle getting time off work etc )

That's what I would love to know. I'm one of them, last home game was against Burnley, I did a load of aways last season and I'll be at Plymouth but where's everyone else?

Hilariously I see comments about supporting the team, not the regime by ending the home game boycott! Would be great to see some fans ending their lifetime long away game boycott.
    my thoughts exactly, i don't know how to look it up, but what was the number at bury last year?, i also dont think away numbers have increased since Roland took over so the going to more away games isn't happening, this year the ones ill likely be at are;

plymouth, gills, shrewsbury,blackpool, mk dons, northpamton, pompey, rochdale, and any big games we get LOL.

my thoughts exactly, i don't know how to look it up, but what was the number at bury last year?, i also dont think away numbers have increased since Roland took over so the going to more away games isn't happening, this year the ones ill likely be at are;

plymouth, gills, shrewsbury,blackpool, mk dons, northpamton, pompey, rochdale, and any big games we get LOL.
    We had 1015 at Bury last season. https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2016/august/report-bury-2-charlton-athletic-0/

I'm surprised anyone seriously believed for a split second that we would be getting bigger away turnouts.

I said at the time it wouldn't happen.
  • I think 600 at Plymouth is pretty impressive given the time of year, it's a proper schlep to get there!!!
  • edited August 2017
    Pasties are the order of the day down there.