Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tariqe Fosu - following progress at Brentford.

Comments

• Yet another two year deal...

Seems thats one of the lessons Katie feels that she's had to learn then (i.e. Dont give ANYONE a long Contract)
  • On a more serious note the name seems to ring a bell but dont know much about the lad

As mentioned he seems promising and certainly adds to the options further up the pitch!!... Players appear to be returning from Holiday which means we appear to be doing some Business at long last - Hopefully more of the same please.
  • Dazzler21 said:

There's only one Tariqe Kumahl Malachi Akwesi Fosu-Henry,
    Only one Tariqe Kumahl Malachi Akwesi Fosu-Henry,
    Only one Tariqe Kumahl Malachi Akwesi Fosu-Henry

Has a certain ring to it....
  • Interesting signing & totally unexpected!
  • Bye Bye Holmes. </blockquote
    Nail on the head, Red

• Hmm... Seems more like it signals the end of us trying to get in Ben Reeves
  • Scoham said:

Good to see another attacking player come in. To play Robinson's 4-2-3-1 we need plenty of options for the '3' to cover injuries, suspensions and loss of form and of course options from the bench.

Seems he's still got a lot to prove, wasn't a regular starter for Colchester in League 2. Probably explains the 2 year deal. In the case of Marshall and Clarke it'll be due to their age.

Hope there's plenty more to come in the next couple of weeks.

This.

I understand the negativity at the thought of Holmes being sold, but it does seem we're building a squad with depth in attacking areas. We were desperately short there going into the offseason.
  • “I want to build the team around people like Ricky. That is as conclusive as I can get.

“Hopefully he’ll come back and we will have a chat. My number one aim before I bring anyone is to make sure Ricky is in a Charlton shirt at the beginning of the season."

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/24757/charlton-boss-reveals-number-one-aim-important-summer-transfer-signing/

How's that working Robinson?
  • I do think that this means no Reeves, unless Holmes goes. I can see Holmes, Fosu and Marshall all playing behind Magennis and swapping positions throughout, looks fluid and exciting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Tariqe,Tariqe Kumahl Malachi Akwesi Fosu-Henry runs down the wing for me....that's got a certain ring to it. Welcome to the club Tariqe.

I'm going to call him "bear"
  • At least we are building up some squad depth in attacking midfielders, something we were short on last season
  • Roland heard he was a good dancer, that clinched the deal
  • Welcome Tarige ... Taxi for Holmes
  • Absolutely no chance we will play with three wingers / players behind Magennis. Ricky is most likely off.
  • Redhenry said:

Squad player

Interesting that Reading didn't want to lose him .
  • Sponsored links:

• Signed as a squad player, up to him to get in the team.
  • Robinson obviously rates him
  • Dazzler21 said:

Only one Tariqe Kumahl Malachi Akwesi Fosu-Henry,
    Only one Tariqe Kumahl Malachi Akwesi Fosu-Henry

Catchy!!!
  • Redhenry said:

Signed as a squad player, up to him to get in the team.

Although a squad player at Charlton, a club that doesn't know the meaning of that word.
  • Can still ply in the U23s...
  • Well I am flabbergasted... was only talking about this guy and what a prospect he is to...er no-one actually!

Good luck Tariqe, you are gonna need it fella.
  • Tariqe Kumahl Malachi Akwesi Fosu-Henry

Don't think we'll be seeing his full name on the shirt

Oh him! I thought I knew that name! Gonna be a surprise star this season
  • Can he play left back?
  • Yet another two year deal...

Seems thats one of the lessons Katie feels that she's had to learn then (i.e. Dont give ANYONE a long Contract)

For players of his age who are unproven should be utilising the "with a one year option to extend" clause to protect us but not bind us where possible. That would be the common sense approach. Won't hold my breath.