Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fruit Ciders

13»

Comments

• Serious question, what is the attraction to Gin? Only thing I can compare the taste to is perfume.
  • edited June 2017

G+T's are the way forward in this weather.

The new found fad for the pretentious skinny jean wearing, bearded w*nk buckets. Glass the size of a vase filled with half a cactus and pomegranate, ooh you can really pick out the Rosemary notes. While 15 minutes later you are still waiting for a Bud to be grabbed out the fridge while this entry for the Turner Art Prize is still being created. Tossers.

Anyone ordering a Gin should be asked where their nan and grandad are sitting, and if they haven't got them with them they should be thrown out the pub.
    Blimey, I had no idea you had this much hatred for me, although you know full well I struggle on the beard front.

Will stick to lager when I next see you... :-(
  • I'll be honest, hated G+T up until about 3 weeks ago when I just started really liking it.

Since then I've had about 250 of them!!

Had a similar revelation with Guinness in the winter!
  • G+T's are the way forward in this weather.

The new found fad for the pretentious skinny jean wearing, bearded w*nk buckets. Glass the size of a vase filled with half a cactus and pomegranate, ooh you can really pick out the Rosemary notes. While 15 minutes later you are still waiting for a Bud to be grabbed out the fridge while this entry for the Turner Art Prize is still being created. Tossers.

Anyone ordering a Gin should be asked where their nan and grandad are sitting, and if they haven't got them with them they should be thrown out the pub.
    Blimey, I had no idea you had this much hatred for me, although you know full well I struggle on the beer front.

Have you got a beard?

• Gotta be a snakebite and black

That is my garden drink for tonight,
    So I'm not left with flat Fevertree tonic in the fridge I will pour the lot into a pint glass with the appropriate measure of gin. There will be ice and slice in this, I'm sure that's allowed.
  • I've heard a lot of mention of fever tree. What makes it special? I'll get some to try.
  • Not a massive gin drinker but it's a good summer drink. This stuff is the absolute dog's proverbials: https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/p/14926/adnams-copper-house-distilled-gin-70cl.
  • Curb_It said:

I've heard a lot of mention of fever tree. What makes it special? I'll get some to try.

It's twice the price so it must be good
  • Sponsored links:

• Curb_It said:

I've heard a lot of mention of fever tree. What makes it special? I'll get some to try.

It's got more flavour than the supermarket ones I normally but. Enhances your Gordon's no end. Perhaps wasted on a really flavoursome gin.

Speaking of gin, if you get the chance find a bottle of "The Botanist". It's brewed in an Islay whisky still, but what's important is that it's lush
    Especially with fever tree.
  • http://gunpowdergin.com/

Small family run firm in Leitrim, Ireland, also got whiskey coming along in a few years.
  • Lemon fever tonic is really nice.

Blimey, I had no idea you had this much hatred for me, although you know full well I struggle on the beer front.

Have you got a beard?

Haha, I meant to type beard but got autocorrected to beer, which actually says quite a lot about the state of my life at the minute... :-)
  • Fruit Cider gives me the worst heartburn imaginable
  • Try fevertree once and you'll never go back to that Schweppes pish.
    It's clean and not full of artificial crap. If I've spent money on a decent gin i don't want to dilute it 3:1 with aspartame.

ha, proper laughing @AFKABartram. I can just imagine D & R in the Albany with them in their hands lol.
  • Just had a nice bottle of ice cold Estrella as I work - beats a berry cider every time!
  • To me, Gin tastes what I imagine paint stripper to taste like. All I can taste is like a overpowering chemical twang.
  • Sponsored links:

• Gin is the devil, had the odd one. But in January my mate done me almost a pint of it with a drop of tonic, afterwards my memory was very hazy and resulted in my ex leaving. Sad times lol
  • Over the last few years I have really developed a liking for Ginger Ale - especially the Canada Dry stuff we get over here - perfect with a big slug of dark rum - probably down to some deep seated personality disorder...
  • Oakster said:

Over the last few years I have really developed a liking for Ginger Ale - especially the Canada Dry stuff we get over here - perfect with a big slug of dark rum - probably down to some deep seated personality disorder...

Rum & Ginger Ale is bloody lovely. Yum. +1 to that.
  • One nice simple G n T with just ice and a slice of lemon is great before dinner. You don't need all the poncy additions, though some of them are okay (cucumber, juniper berries for example), they are not essential.
  • My home made coconut rum, sugar, lime juice and crushed ice. Thirst entirely slaked
  • Found the one good example of a fruit cider that I've had: Gwynt y Draig Autumn Magic with blackberries

https://gwyntcidershop.com/bottled/autumn-magic/

Had it in Crickhowell, which is, frankly, a bit of a trek.
  • I used to drink cider a bit back in the day. (Sometimes mixed with Guinness as a poor-man's black velvet.) Rarely touch it now.

Tried a Magners (sic) the other day and was really, really disappointed. I tried to ignore the missing apostrophe in the brand name, it's Irish after all, and judge it on its merits. But sorry to say I found it to be bland nonsense with little actual apple flavour.

So in short, I think things ought to taste of things they are made from. Crisps should taste of potatoes. Cider, well apples. If I wanted something that tasted of orange I'd buy orange. (Or more likely a Grand Marnier: at least it has actual distilled orange essence mixed with the cognac.)
  • Pimms Strawberry and Cucumber Cider - Oh Boy!!!!

3 for £5 in Morrisons at the moment
  • Just ordered a 35 pint bag in a box of Orchard Pig Ginger and Chilli Cider. Had some last year in Bristol and it was the most refreshing drink I have tasted. Works out at £2.20 a pint too so much better value than the £5.50 I paid for inferior stuff last weekend.