Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fruit Ciders

Comments

• Options
    What's wrong with a real drink like Fosters ?
  • Options
    Hangover juice
  • Options
    The very weak Normandy ciders are perfect for this weather. Very appley taste, about 2-3% alcohol so you can keep going all day with no headache even in the sun.
    About €0.80 in France but you can get them here for a couple of quid for 75cl.
  • Options
    very surprised how unpopular they are on here, giving how they are flying off the shelves. Must just be youngsters like me snapping them up...
  • Options
    And me mate , I love a fruity cider . Had some old Mout Strawberry & pomegranate washed down with some kiwi and lime yesterday . Wallop
  • Options

very surprised how unpopular they are on here, giving how they are flying off the shelves. Must just be youngsters like me snapping them up...

Think they are for the kids who don't like the taste of grown up drinks.

Next debate is which is better:

Bacardi Breezer
    Hooch
    Two Dogs Moscow Mule
  • Options
    Cider should taste of apples. And, with one exception, should never have anthing added to it, including (especially) ice.

The one exception is the perfect summer cocktail: half-fill a tall glass with dry cider, add ice, top up with gin.
  • Options

Fecking disgusting.

Cider should be flat, cloudy, warm and drunk from a milk bottle.

Or drunk from a jug. Proper scrumpy. Cider is by definition made from apples, everything else is... well... something else. :smiley:
    Alcopops!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

Think they are for the kids who don't like the taste of grown up drinks.

Next debate is which is better:

Bacardi Breezer
    Hooch
    Two Dogs Moscow Mule
    Vodka irn bru!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

10 bottles of K down Zens used to do the trick though.

Those were the days.
  • Options
    Sitting out on my Patio drinking Magners. Not too keen on fruit ciders - barring dark fruit stringbow.
  • Options

Sitting out on my Patio drinking Magners. Not too keen on fruit ciders - barring dark fruit stringbow.

Been off the booze for a while, I've got a supply of Cidona (made by Bulmers) which is as good as Magners without the alcohol.
  • Options
    3 for £5 in tesco so bought another Smirnoff raspberry and pomegranate then decided to try the Rekorderlig passion fruit one then got the Kopparberg strawberry and lime to make up the numbers.
  • Options
    Or ice is added by people who want an ice cold drink.
  • Options

3 for £5 in tesco so bought another Smirnoff raspberry and pomegranate then decided to try the Rekorderlig passion fruit one then got the Kopparberg strawberry and lime to make up the numbers.

I actually feel ill just reading that... :smiley:
  • Options
    I will have a few at the beginning of a night or in this weather. Love rekorderlig Strawberry & lime, Old mouts are good too. I think i did have a few too many when i stuck on them on New Years eve and have too much it just bloats you out and isn't the nicest. But a few early doors or in a pub garden is perfect :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I tried the Old Mout's out last night, two of their most popular flavours.

Lot of volume though isn't it, and once the night wears on, im overtaking myself coming back from the loo.
  • Options
    G+T's are the way forward in this weather.
  • Options

A chin chin

Ice, lug of bombay sapphire or dockyard gin (best gin I've ever drank) and slimline tonic with a thin slice of cucumber
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Fruit ciders are not made from fruit. Most of them are perry with a massive scoop of artificially flavored syrup.

Most are soon to have to be labeled as PPS, pre packaged spirits, ie alcopops
  • Options

The new found fad for the pretentious skinny jean wearing, bearded w*nk buckets. Glass the size of a vase filled with half a cactus and pomegranate, ooh you can really pick out the Rosemary notes. While 15 minutes later you are still waiting for a Bud to be grabbed out the fridge while this entry for the Turner Art Prize is still being created. Tossers.

Anyone ordering a Gin should be asked where their nan and grandad are sitting, and if they haven't got them with them they should be thrown out the pub.
    That's touched a raw nerve!!

There's nowt wrong with a bit of Vera.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Carter said:

Carter said:

A chin chin

Ice, lug of bombay sapphire or dockyard gin (best gin I've ever drank) and slimline tonic with a thin slice of cucumber
    Hendricks, but not with slimline tonic.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:

Can't stand them, cider should taste of apples and nothing else. Aspalls all day long.

Mmm yes. I'm mostly on the wagon these days, but got a couple of bottles of Aspalls in for election night. Very nice indeed, although the 7% stuff went down far too easily. Drinking it in this weather would be a major tactical error I reckon.
    Yes, definitely not a session cider. I have made the mistake but boy was I rough the next day.
  • Options
    Tried Strongbow dark fruits on draught yesterday as it was so hot and it looked quite refereshing. Tasted a bit like Vimto. It was drinkable, but I will remain a Lager man.
  • Options

The new found fad for the pretentious skinny jean wearing, bearded w*nk buckets. Glass the size of a vase filled with half a cactus and pomegranate, ooh you can really pick out the Rosemary notes. While 15 minutes later you are still waiting for a Bud to be grabbed out the fridge while this entry for the Turner Art Prize is still being created. Tossers.

Anyone ordering a Gin should be asked where their nan and grandad are sitting, and if they haven't got them with them they should be thrown out the pub.
    You're just not happy as you can't see over the bar to order. :smiley: