Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

National Mourning

2»

Comments

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

Chizz said:

The Queen's death will trigger an official 12-day period of national mourning.

Union Jacks will be flown at half mast throughout the country and books of condolence will be opened at embassies across the world.

The London Stock Exchange will be closed for at least the day of the Queen's funeral and potentially for several days.

If the Queen dies during the night, her death will not be announced until 8am, after which her portrait will be displayed on BBC tv screens accompanied by the national anthem.

The BBC will also suspend all comedy programming during the 12-day period of national mourning.

ITV will not carry any adverts for 3 days after her death.
    But that's just because they can't trust themselves not to mistakenly go to adverts at an important moment.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Chizz said:

Union Jacks will be flown at half mast throughout the country and books of condolence will be opened at embassies across the world.

The London Stock Exchange will be closed for at least the day of the Queen's funeral and potentially for several days.

If the Queen dies during the night, her death will not be announced until 8am, after which her portrait will be displayed on BBC tv screens accompanied by the national anthem.

The BBC will also suspend all comedy programming during the 12-day period of national mourning.

So no Bank Holiday? You know... to celebrate her long and proud reign? (go fishing)
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Am I too late to do a Miranda gag?
  • Options

Am I took late to do a Miranda gag?

People have been falling over themselves to do them...
  • Options

Am I too late to do a Miranda gag?

Fitting really that people are doing that one same joke about Miranda.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Chizz said:

At the risk of being ridiculed - is this really the arrangements that are in place ?

I know that for most people who would get an obituary in a newspaper, the obituary is 90% ready to go before they die, however if that is the plan for the Queen then that is pretty impressive pre-planning

And I am not a royalist before I get jumped on for that !!!
  • Options

Chizz said:

At the risk of being ridiculed - is this really the arrangements that are in place ?

I know that for most people who would get an obituary in a newspaper, the obituary is 90% ready to go before they die, however if that is the plan for the Queen then that is pretty impressive pre-planning

Yep. That's the plan. But, in fairness, we've had 90-odd years to plan...
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Chizz said:

I'm gonna check what plans Dartford Council have for me - they have had 47 years to plan, but I am bracing myself to be disappointed ;-)
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Chizz said:

And probably 90 years more knowing how long that lot live !
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    MrOneLung said:

Chizz said:

ITV will not carry any adverts for 3 days after her death.
    But you will still be able to watch The Cops of the Cleethorpes on ITV3