Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2017 Confederations Cup

124»

Comments

• Options
    3-0 Germany 58 mins
  • Options
    Incredible to think this is their B team
  • Options
    3-1 88 mins
  • Options
    Belter of a strike!
  • Options
    4-1
    The Mexico goal was quality
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Ah feck it I can't copy the goal.

Here is the text version:

_______
    |......o..|
    .......^
    ......^
    .....^
    ....^
    ...^
    ..^
    .^
  • Options
    Unbelievable goal from Mexico. From a free kick or not that's never being saved.
  • Options
    3rd place match... Portugal equalise in last few minutes to take the game to extra time.

Final is at 7 tonight between Germany and Chile.
  • Options

3rd place match... Portugal equalise in last few minutes to take the game to extra time.

Final is at 7 tonight between Germany and Chile.

Cheers Callum
  • Options
    2-1 Portugal in extra time... Mexico have 10 mins to find an equaliser.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Portugal win 2-1 after extra time.
  • Options
    1-0 Germany after 20 mins.
  • Options
    How on earth did that Chilean player get away with a yellow card? That was a deliberate elbow. Straight red.
  • Options
    VAR used to look at an incident involving Chilean defender elbowing one of the Germans.

Ref went over to the sideline to have a look himself (been happening more as the tournament's gone on, rather than relying on the account of someone watching on tele). Awarded a yellow card.
  • Options

How on earth did that Chilean player get away with a yellow card? That was a deliberate elbow. Straight red.

Would be good to hear the ref's interpretation of it. At least we know it wasn't because he didn't see the incident properly IMO.
  • Options
    Blatant elbow, game stopped for a good 2-3 minutes while ref took advice from 2 VAR refs and had a look at replays himself, all to give just a yellow card.

Game seems more even this half, Chile on top in first half.
  • Options

Blatant elbow, game stopped for a good 2-3 minutes while ref took advice from 2 VAR refs and had a look at replays himself, all to give just a yellow card.

Game seems more even this half, Chile on top in first half.

Really? - i only saw from 20 mins on, but thought that Germany by far the better team with by far the better chances.
  • Options
    Chile were better side up until Germany scored.
  • Options
    Maybe I'm biased as I'm cheering Chile but felt they were the better team first half. Maybe all their chances were in the first 20 minutes haha.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Initially didn't want VAR whenever it was discussed but wanted to give it a fair chance in this tournament. It does have positives, obviously, but as the tournement has gone on it certainly hasn't sold me on the idea.

First few games it started well imo. Since then the refs seem to have spent a lot longer on the decisions each time. 2/3 minutes rather than 40-45 seconds in the first week.
    Originally they listened to the guys watching the replay and that was it, now running to the side to watch replays themselves is happening more often. If they can do that, just do that, no need for the extra 2 officials in the car park watching it on tele.
    Also I fear we would see crowding the ref asking him to refer to VAR start creeping in more and more too.

The point of these trails is so work out best practise etc. Great if they make the changes needed. I think most agree a mic on the ref is step 1. At the minute nobody knows what's going on.
  • Options
    Germany B win the 2017 Confederations Cup