Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2017 Confederations Cup

Comments

• 1-1 Chile v Oz
  • 2-1 Germany v Cameroon
  • 3-1 Germany v Cameroon
  • As it stands the semi-finals:

Portugal v Chile
    Germany v Mexico
  • Germany 3-1 Cameroon FT
    Chile 1-1 Australia FT

Portugal v Chile, 28 June 7pm

Germany v Mexico, 29 June 7pm
  • They should call it the Callum cup considering the amount of interest shown
  • They should call it the Callum cup considering the amount of interest shown

What with the cricket thread as well sometimes I think he can type quicker than I can read. :wink:
  • One major positive of VAR I've noticed is the reduction of players surrounding the ref.
    But how long until they start surrounding the ref to demand he refers to the VAR?
  • Good to see Chile and Mexico have been kept apart so they can both make the final, just as I predicted :wink:
  • One thing I've noticed watching Australia is that Rogic definitely seems to shine more than Mooy which is surprising, Mooy does less glamourous, deeper work which is probably a factor.

Mooy played further forward in the A-League and looked really exciting. However, he stepped up a few levels at Huddersfield, and when he Plays for OZ, and has to play deeper. I hope he does well in the Premier but I've got doubts as he's turned into a sideways/backwards player - perhaps he needs another season to adjust. I'm surprised that none of the mid table Premier Clubs haven't gone in for Rogic - he's quality

• Sponsored links:

• First semi final about to kick off, Chile v Portugal
    Should be a good game this
  • End to end so far. First 5 mins, already two good saves from the keepers.
  • Refs got a new whistle and he's really proud of it.

Simple freekick and he blows his whistle 6 times.
    Done it about 8 or 9 times now.
  • If the VAR isn't gonna help the refs with missed penalties like that, then they might as well scrap the idea now.
  • WOW - off the post, off the bar. How haven't Chile scored there?
  • 118 minutes in...Chile hit the post, rebound come back, hits the crossbar and cleared.
  • Penalties...
  • edited June 2017
    2-0 to Chile after two penalties each. Ronaldo still not taken one.
  • Sponsored links:

• 3-0 Chile... Portugal must score all theirs and Chile have to miss all theirs.
  • Chile win 3-0 on penalties.
  • Ronaldo didn't end up taking one. Idiot probably wanted all the glory of taking the fifth one.
  • Seriously why didnt Ronaldo step forward for that last penalty...

Almost as though he was putting his ego ahead of Portugal (i.e. Dont wanna risk taking a pen because if I also miss it makes me look bad)
  • edited June 2017
    Don't they have to decide the order before the pens are taken? Can't change the order once it's submitted.

Another Tyldesley gem when he mentioned that they should change the order, I thought.
  • Don't they have to decide the order before the pens are taken? Can't change the order once it's submitted.

I always thought that but nothing is ever given to the Referee so that he knows the order
  • edited June 2017

Don't they have to decide the order before the pens are taken? Can't change the order once it's submitted.

I always thought that but nothing is ever given to the Referee so that he knows the order
    I am wrong, the list is given to the Ref according to JFH and Dixon in the studi
  • That was pretty dire viewing.
  • Ronaldo always takes the fifth penalty so he increases the chances of scoring the winning one and therefore the glory. Great player but not a great team player.
  • edited June 2017
    Germany already 2-0 up after 20 mins.

Just looked, goals were on 6 and 8 minutes. Both scored by Goretzka.