Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2017 Confederations Cup

Comments

• edited June 2017
    Iain Dowie not making much sense in his argument against VAR...

The pundits are right that it needs to be more obvious when something is being referred. And the TV audience need to see how the decision is being made in real time like in other sports. But this is all stuff they'll learn from this trial.
  • 1-0 Chile with 10 minutes to go.
  • A mic on the ref would solve a lot of the issues I think
  • edited June 2017
    2-0 Chile. Offside overruled and goal stands.

Interested to see the angle because Sanchez looked offside for the first pass.
  • Obviously it's a good thing that we are getting the correct decisions but I can't help feel it takes some of the emotion out of the game.

Score a goal, stand around for a minute, get the ok from the ref, then celebrate.
  • Shown to be the right decision again. Camera angle made it look closer than it was.

Hopefully they can inlcude these clearer replays in the TV coverage ASAP.
  • Goalfest between Germany and Australia atm.

1-3 and they're reviewing an Aussie goal for 2-3 for offside.
  • Goal stands. 2-3 it is! 30 minutes to go.
  • How Leno is so highly rated I don't know, absolutely awful.
  • I know its 2-3 but hasn't been a good game, is that the negative Charlton fan in me??
  • Sponsored links:

• Sadly missed this one as thought it was an evening KO

Really surprised to see Ter Stegen not starting
  • Portugal 1-0 v Russia after 8 minutes.
    Ronaldo
  • Russia are absolutely terrible
  • Russia are absolutely terrible

They were at the Euros as well. Not got any better in a year.
  • Yeaaaa... 1-0 New Zealand

Fully deserved!!
  • Got on Mexico at 2/1 just after second half start
  • Descending into chaos now.
    Massive brawl, ref goes to VAR, could be a few players sent off....he books just one. As freekick taken he goes back to VAR and books another 2.
    A good 3 minutes in total, including the ref going to the sideline himself to have a look at the replays.
    All the while, the crowd both at home and in the stadium have no idea what's going on.
  • What a load of old bollocks this video shit is.
    If it isn't broke don't try and fix it.
    Ever since they fucked around with the offside rule it has been nothing but bollocks.

So there.
  • edited June 2017
    Lots of tweaking needed obviously, and that's what trials are for.
    Mic the ref so we can hear what's happening is step one.

Up until today, VAR seemed to be making all the right decisions, which ultimately is the most important thing
  • Today showed how VAR doesnt work... players were pushing their heads against each other which we've seen in the Premier League is a sending off.

That was clearly shown in the replays yet the Referee booked neither player... Ultimately its going to be one of the biggest issues surrounding video technology - Im sorry but todays official was from Gambia with two of the video officials being from Tahiti and Senegal, is the standard of officiating out in those countries good enough to make decisions on the world stage.

None of them will referee outside their own countries - It would be like someone from the Kent Premier Division suddenly being given the FA Cup Final!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Didn't realise Mexico NZ was on tonight!! Only just realised I missed it.
  • One thing I've noticed watching Australia is that Rogic definitely seems to shine more than Mooy which is surprising, Mooy does less glamourous, deeper work which is probably a factor.
  • Cameroon Australia finishes 1-1.
  • Germany Chile just started on ITV4.
  • edited June 2017
    Chile 1-0, Sanchez
  • 1-1 with 30 minutes ish left.
  • edited June 2017
    Chile 0-1 Australia at half time...

Australia winning by two goals would send them through and Chile out.
  • Germany 1-0 Cameroon early in the second half. Looks like the Germans are through.
  • edited June 2017
    Cameroon player sent off after VAR review.

Ref just had to correct his decision because after watching the replay, he went and sent off the wrong player... now the right player is off.
  • 2-0 Germany about a minute later.