Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CCJ help

Morning everyone.
Bit of advice needed, had a ccj come through for an old credit agreement, about 400 quid. I sent an income and expenditure firm off to them offering 15 quid a month

They rejected this which I appealed and was offered a hearing at the county court, only me and the judge were there.

I stated that my hours will be changing to part time next month which will reduce my income and the judge 'dismissed the re determination' on the grounds of him failing to see how I could pay anything!

He said it will go back to the company to deal with and up to them how they proceed, does anyone know if the CCJ still stands etc?

Anyone have any thing similar previously?

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Options
    When we have disputes through the small claims courts at work and the other side fail to respond/reply etc it usually goes against them and we recover costs or win what we want.

Not sure ccj but the fact you've gone to the trouble of doing all you were required to do and they didn't even turn up means they've prob lost their right to pursue you.
  • Options
    have you had a letter from a county court informing you that a judgement has been made against you ?

i would expect the judgement still stands but there are lots of means through which you can check out your credit history on line for a small fee ...might be worth doing as a poor credit history can affect your job prospects let alone your chances of obtaining finance or of renting a property
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Sounds from what you said that the CCJ was issued and you then sent in the income and expenditure forms to agree how you would satisfy the judgement debt. If that's the case, were you not made aware of the original judgement hearing? If you can prove you hadn't been informed (sent to old address for example) then you could apply to have the CCJ set aside. But you still owe the money and the creditor will just apply again.

Who rejected the offer of £15 per month? The Court or the creditor?

There would be no reason why the creditor would need to attend the appeal - the debt still stands as does the CCJ unless you can challenge it as detailed above.
  • Options
    You owe the money and you haven't paid it. So I would assume the CCJ stands.
  • Options
    Try This
    Dealing With a CCJ. Free Advice From Step Change.
    www.stepchange.org/debt.
  • Options
    If its a CCJ im afraid it stands for a period of six years. In terms of whether the debt is still valid yes it is. For the debt no longer to be valid the company must cease chasing it for a perios of six years. This can happen if the company decides to write it off or forget about it. Also are you sure ita a CCJ. AS CCJ do not 'come though' you must be informed of a hearing. If protocol has not been followed you can apply foe a ccj to be set aside but thats beyond my scope of knowlesge
  • Options

You owe the money and you haven't paid it. So I would assume the CCJ stands.

This. Its £400 for gawds sake. A CCJ can seriously affect you ability to get credit or a mortgage in the future.

If you haven't got the funds do you have family or friends that can help & you pay then back later. Better that it is settled asap.