Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Carabao Cup (League Cup) (double bracket but not worthy of a sticky Norwich away next round)

Comments

• edited August 2017
    Good draw:

1) At home edit - posted before reading the rest of the thread - away, but not bloody miles away like Exeter.
    2) Winnable, but certainly no shame if we lose.
    3) Not a distraction (Derby, or game against massive club).
  • edited August 2017
  • Macronate said:

No, fuck that.

We should demand a re-draw or at least start a petition to get Salako sacked.

Here's my Salako mnemonic …

Seldom
    Arranges
    Lovely
    Away
    Kick-offs
    (Oops).
  • Just get fucking robots to do the draw these clowns are proper useless.
  • Amid confusion during the live broadcast, four second-round matches were announced with the incorrect team away from home.

The ties involving seeded sides Brentford, Crystal Palace, Watford and Norwich City were initially read out with the seeded team at the opposite venue.

Further compounding matters, the television hosts appeared to forget that West Ham and Newport County were guaranteed away games, owing to being unable to play at their home grounds.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40895331

Norwich away isn't unappealing, might go to that
  • just seen this - what utter numpties. When will broadcasters learn not to use players or ex-players or foreign dignitaries to do the draw. Go back to the old system of the FA/FL doing the draw at 11AM.

Utter shambles. Again, no one has the bottle to turn round & say - we are at home - you draw it, therefore it stands. Getting sick & tired of all this faff.
  • At least we're only playing once this time.
  • edited August 2017
    Bit of a boring draw but no loss if we get knocked out.

I might well be on a plane while this match is being played, if it's on the Tuesday. The tension will surely be too much. Will Charlton make it into the 3rd round of the Carabao Cup and cause yet more chaos in the draw?
  • Sponsored links:

• Our name is on this cup this season.
    Two teams in the last round, a home & away leg this round, next round we will be allowed to compete on our own to beat the highest goal scored.
  • TelMc32 said:
    That's what normally happens, then they toss a coin.
  • It isn't the first time. It wasn't rocket science, but you are asking for trouble with the complications of seeded teams being drawn seperately and ex footballers. The solution here would probably have been a rehearsal or maybe an extra person to draw the home and away balls. Still, it makes it more entertaining doesn't it.
  • Norwich are the new Huddersfield.
  • cfgs said:

The fact it says H or A on the balls should make it idiot proof, shame they got a PALARSE idiot to do it.

Didn't watch it live, but were we pulled out first? With an A denoting​ away? Recipe for confusion..
  • edited August 2017

Amid confusion during the live broadcast, four second-round matches were announced with the incorrect team away from home.

The ties involving seeded sides Brentford, Crystal Palace, Watford and Norwich City were initially read out with the seeded team at the opposite venue.

Further compounding matters, the television hosts appeared to forget that West Ham and Newport County were guaranteed away games, owing to being unable to play at their home grounds.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40895331

Norwich away isn't unappealing, might go to that

-----------------------

Almost worth it just for Delia's pies :wink:
  • HarryLime said:

How come Birmingham was in the South and Villa was in the North, whilst both Swansea and Cardiff were in the South but Newport in the North?
    Did they leave it to that idiot Slacko to work out the geography as well?

If Dale Stephens had done that, Brighton would have been in the North as well
  • Sponsored links:

• HarryLime said:

How come Birmingham was in the South and Villa was in the North, whilst both Swansea and Cardiff were in the South but Newport in the North?
    Did they leave it to that idiot Slacko to work out the geography as well?

If Dale Stephens had done that, Brighton would have been in the North as well
    And Dowie would have had Charlton in the North
  • How can our ball already have been decided as an away game?

I can understand his confusion, the first ball out has always been the home team and the second the away.
  • Redrobo said:

How can our ball already have been decided as an away game?

I can understand his confusion, the first ball out has always been the home team and the second the away.

They drew an extra ball that red or white. Red meant that the seeded was at home, a white ball meant that the seeded team was away. Except, they got confused for the first 5 or 6 games out of the "hat" what a red ball and a white ball meant having explained it one minute before the draw started.
  • Redrobo said:

They drew an extra ball that red or white. Red meant that the seeded was at home, a white ball meant that the seeded team was away. Except, they got confused for the first 5 or 6 games out of the "hat" what a red ball and a white ball meant having explained it one minute before the draw started.
    As you do :)
  • Redrobo said:

It's the usual story, someone is reading the rules, but you're not listening as you presume that you know them anyway!
  • I was thinking of ways to make the draw fool proof (there have been a number of cock ups in recent years). The best way for me is using technology. Rather than have ex- players making the draw, why noy use a computer programme? Every club badge could be graphically put on a ball. To make it more entertaining the balls could spin arond the screen and four balls drop out into another screen (whilst there are more than four balls -when only four balls you start at teh second screen), then one ball drops out from that screen. Then the away team gets drawn in the same way - you get to see the tantalising possibilities of the last four balls before one drops to provide more excitement and tension.

In terms of the variances for the League cup, the computer simply randomly determines whether the seeded balls are dropped first or the non seeded!
  • I was thinking of ways to make the draw fool proof (there have been a number of cock ups in recent years). The best way for me is using technology. Rather than have ex- players making the draw, why noy use a computer programme? Every club badge could be graphically put on a ball. To make it more entertaining the balls could spin arond the screen and four balls drop out into another screen (whilst there are more than four balls -when only four balls you start at teh second screen), then one ball drops out from that screen. Then the away team gets drawn in the same way - you get to see the tantalising possibilities of the last four balls before one drops to provide more excitement and tension.

In terms of the variances for the League cup, the computer simply randomly determines whether the seeded balls are dropped first or the non seeded!

Forget the seedings.

One North Wheel of Fortune wheel and one South wheel next to it in the studio.

Rachel Riley spinning North, Gemma Arterton spinning South.

Each segment has a team name on it.

First spin=home team, 2nd spin=away team...North, then South etc.

If a spin lands on a segment already taken, spin again.

After each tie is spun, the spinners have to take off one article of clothing.
  • Macronate said:

I was thinking of ways to make the draw fool proof (there have been a number of cock ups in recent years). The best way for me is using technology. Rather than have ex- players making the draw, why noy use a computer programme? Every club badge could be graphically put on a ball. To make it more entertaining the balls could spin arond the screen and four balls drop out into another screen (whilst there are more than four balls -when only four balls you start at teh second screen), then one ball drops out from that screen. Then the away team gets drawn in the same way - you get to see the tantalising possibilities of the last four balls before one drops to provide more excitement and tension.

Forget the seedings.

One North Wheel of Fortune wheel and one South wheel next to it in the studio.

Rachel Riley spinning North, Gemma Arterton spinning South.

Each segment has a team name on it.

First spin=home team, 2nd spin=away team...North, then South etc.

If a spin lands on a segment already taken, spin again.

After each tie is spun, the spinners have to take off one article of clothing.
    Ok, your idea probably would be more entertaining than mine.